Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My sister's dream

My sister is deciding whether to continue going to a French high school or an English high school next year.I told her about te dreams answering our questions.So here is her dream,she is 14 years old.She thinks the dream started at a random persons house.A family she was visiting was mail campaigns for voting for mayor, one of the candidates was a lesbian
woman who was closely related to
them.The parents of the family wanted my sister to help hang up posters,but my mom came into the room and told her not to,then my dad came and told her the same thing.The next part of of dream was a party with all the people from church,they ate snacks and laughed,and for some reason the dream turned into a maze under a parachute balloon.People from her junior high were all crawling around and around,asking each other things she didn't know and laughing, she felt apart of the whole thong but no one was noticing her.Once the kids were out of the maze, my sister started building a structure,all if the pieced were thrown together without her touching anything.The next part was another party,there was a talking cat from Nebraska that made her feel very fearful,it had a tattoo on it, and kept speaking to her friends in a high pitched voice.She wanted it to go away and quickly ran from the situation,my sister said that she was so scared of the talking cat that the dream ended.She has also mentioned (I don't if this is important or not) that she was attracted to many females in the dream (she is also attracted to females in real life) and the that the feelings our parents had about
Hanging up posters for the lesbian woman contradicted her own.In reality, she wants to go to the French school with her friends,instead of going to an English school with all her church friends.Our patents wanted her to go to an English school so she can easily understand everything and have good examples from church (the school principal is a bishop for our church).My sister also said that in the dream ad well as real life feels she can be herself with her school friends rather than her church friends because of opposing views and feeling like she disagrees with the majority of the religion. Thank you for taking the time to read!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17,Calgary,Alberta

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: My sister's dream

Also may I add. That she still has no idea whether the dream wanted her to go to the English or French school

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

bluebeluga,
A good chance the dream is addressing her emotional conflict {what dreams are about-emotional conflicts} of which school she should attend. In the opening part of the dream your sister was visiting a family with a lesbian candidate 'who was closely related' to the family. My take is this is saying your sister more closely identifies with this family {and particularly the lesbian candidate} than she does her own family. This identification is in association with choosing a school that she more identifies with rather than the church school where she disagrees with the majority of the religion. Hanging up posters is about choice of schools, something in which your mother and father object to {in the dream the objections is to hanging up posters}. Your parents object to the other school and want your sister to attend the church school. Your sister doesn't feel a part of the church crowd but your parents want to 'structure' her life according to their beliefs. The talking cat {Nebraska probably involves personal experiences of some type} is her emotional self {cats are felines and represent the feminine aspect} unconsciously talking. The tattoo would be symbolic of something that left a lasting impression on your sister {have her think about past experiences where Nebraska was involved}. This may signify something that she experienced about religion or people associated with religion or the religious school that left an impression of fear on her. A maze is where you have difficulty in dealing with a situation {again to do with decisions of school and the fear associations I described}.

My sense is the dream, other than the decision about which school to attend, may be addressing her sexuality. You state she is in real life attracted to females. This may or may not indicate her own sexual preferences, or it could be that she is heterosexual but identifies with feminine causes {something the Catholic church opposes}. This may have something to do with the fears she has from the talking cat. My advice, something she needs to discuss with her parents since it is an issue they are responsible for and not I, is 'she has to be who she really is'. If that puts her in a situation opposite what her parents want then that needs to be worked out to a point she can be her true self. Not being able to express herself at an early age could have far more consequences later in life. Most people can't do that or worse never realize who they really are. If your sister is attracted to females {for whatever reason} then she needs to go with that and let it blossom. Not doing so could cause psychological harm. The same goes with her school choice {if she really has a say in the matter}. Being in a school that discourages being who you are {if you are different from what is taught at that school} would be a bad thing. Again, she needs to be her true self, work toward learning and being able to express her true self.
But it must be worked out with her parents. I will never tell a 14 year old to disobey her parents unless there is real physical or psychological abuse. Have her try to find a compromise in the choice of schools.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

My sister definitely does disagree with the church values that my parents hold.My sister told me the talking cat from Nebraska probably comes from a girl who she didn't like very much for a while who goes to her school, and our church (they're friends now,though).The girl comes from Nebraska and moved here quite recently.She has decided that she wanted to go to the school that doesn't have many church kids going to it.Although, my dad is really disappointed and angry about her choice, she thinks she would be hiding way too much of herself at the church school, and would constantly have to live some sort of a double life.
Thank you so much! My sister and I say thank you

bluebeluga,
"To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
William Shakespeare

If your sister has the choice to which school she can attend then the French school is the right one. The girl from Nebraska has qualities she identifies with. Having not liked the girl in the beginning but now being friends with her may have associations about the fear of attending the French school. But because this girl is now a friend your sister's deepest unconscious feelings {the unconscious contents are pure truth-whereas the ego contents is perceived truth} the choice of the French school would also become a 'friend'. In other words her deepest desire, her true self does want to attend the French school which confirms her ego intentions. When both are in accord then it is the right thing to do.

One last observation. Although your father was angry at her decision, the fact he left it to her to make that decision is a positive comment on your father. All too often those who are very religious would/could never allow such independence. This may speak well of your over all childhood/parent relationship. That alone has a great deal to do with how life turns out for all the children in your family. Good parenting is at a premium and few receive it. Let's hope my assumptions are true.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

The decision was actually changed, my parents decided she had to go the English school because they felt she didn't put much effort in the french language to go the french school, she is really disappointed and started crying. Last night before my parents made their final decision, she said she had a dream about people chasing her and she was talking to a boy she liked about her going to the same school as him next year, but she didn't remember it all because it was too long of a dream.I feel really bad for her,she was really looking forward to going to french school.

bluebeluga,
That is too bad. Having to be in a situation where her education will suffer because she can not be her true self can be a setback in her maturing into who she wants to be. especially since she is of one mind that is opposite what the church school teaches. Tell her no to back away from what she really believes in. She can still have friends from the other school, she will only have to work harder to find them.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present