Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best friend's Ex rescued me then walked in on Me in the Shower

Hopefully someone may be able to give me a little bit of an explanation? Been thinking about this all day, it's been quite distracting.

My dream started with me being in a big house, a few people, strangers, were around. I don't know how I knew this, but it seemed as though it was where I was living for university and I hadn't been there long at all. And I wasn't enjoying it.

A guy I know, but haven't met a huge amount of times, showed up. He used to go out with a girl I once was best friends with, but don't speak to at all now. I think I kissed him once, and I suppose I've always had a bit of a thing for him. We like a lot of the same things, music, cigarettes. He came in and led me out of the house from the kitchen through a white room, down a step and out into his car.

We drove and everything in this dream seemed so clear, except for the drive. There was some reference to hotels and whether they were expensive or cheap and I have stayed in a fairly budget brand hotel with friends and this guy before, but it seemed unclear in the dream why this was something I was aware of.

We arrived at his house after he had, I suppose, rescued me from the house I was in. When we went inside, my mum was there, along with another woman who I assumed was his mum, but she didn't really seem old enough to be. They were watching Formula 1 racing on the television. (Strangely specific).

After a while of sitting and occasionally smiling at each other, the guy I was with went off and I went to the bathroom to get into the shower. I was standing under it thinking about whether or not I should wash my hair. Before I'd made my mind up, I heard the guy come in, and just as he was about to get into the shower with me, I woke up.

I feel really distracted by it. And I don't think I'm ashamed to admit that I wish the dream had carried on that little while longer. He's not extremely attractive, but he's a nice guy.

I had another dream that involved sex not long ago and I'm just not sure why? And the one last week didn't make me smile nearly as much as the one I've explained here.

Anyway, would love to know some thoughts! Thanks, Linds x

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Best friend's Ex rescued me then walked in on Me in the Shower

Linds,
I will take a good look at your dream either later today or in the morning and provide an analysis. But I do sense the dream has a lot to do with 'drive' that have to do with masculine qualities. One would be an inner drive {shyness perhaps, or an introverted personality with insecurity issues} and the other to do with the actual experiences with 'the guy you know'. Because of the inner conflicts you are having trouble discerning the 'outer' relationship with 'the guy' in real life, 'holding back in moving forward, and perhaps to do with confusion or indecision {especially about the outer}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Thanks for the response, really interesting.

Would love to hear more. Definitely seemed prominent in some way, because mostly I don't remember dreams much at all. That's the nature of them, but this one felt so real and I do feel like if I hadn't woken up mid way through I might have thought it really happened...

I told a friend about it and she thinks it some sort of sign that I should speak to the guy. I'm not so sure but maybe that's my confusion or indecision speaking .

Thanks again! Linds x

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Linds,
My sense is the dream is a debate {indecision} between an attraction to the guy who used to go out with your ex best friend {the outer masculine aspects} and inner qualities that keep you in an indecisive state. You are attracted to this guy but something 'internally/psychologically' holds you back. The drive I mentioned in my original response concerns the desire {drive} for the outer relationship and a lack of drive of inner qualities {lack of inner masculine drive}. The issue that seems to hold you back and unconsciously motivates you may have to do with general principles in life. To move forward with the outer drive attraction cause you to think about {unconsciously if not consciously} whether it is a 'proper thing to do'. The debate about expensive/cheap hotels made me think of the song 'Third Rate Romance Low Rent Rendezvous'. That would involve principles you were brought with as a child and the 'drive' for romance and desires for masculine relationships {normal sexual drive}. Something about your core principles feels cheapened by the outer desires {this is the race the two 'mums' are watching}. The other dream about sex probably is related to this one but is less about sex than it is relationships {they 'normally' go together}.

The questions is 'what inner aspects', emotions within you, are there that are in conflict with your 'outer' desires for this guy? Going to his house and being rescued from the house you were in {in the dream} reflects something about the attraction to the guy that rescues you from inner emotions you possess. That is followed by the two mums, his mum having a younger appearance {which may suggest you in a relationship with him}. It i hard {if not impossible} to say exactly what these inner emotions are about because I know so little about you. The second dream does tend to support a desire for a relationship and that fits with this dream. Perhaps expanded comments from you will provide insights to what the conflict is.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present