Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lost in a Field and Trying to Hold On

Pat,
Basically I see a difference of opinion/path to take possibly involving a literal disagreement with your husband but almost for sure indecision between your masculine and feminine qualities {one wanting to be in control, the other using the senses but less logical {thinking self}. In the process there does seem to be a real difference of opinion or/and confusion. Here is how I break it down.

I see the dream addressing not only real life actions involving your husband but also interplay with your masculine self/animus as well. Both seem to have a balanced relationship but with the masculine self being just a bit in control {both of you are in the front seat with your husband driving}. There may be differences of opinions/approach between these masculine aspects, one wanting to go one way and the other another. The field of dirt may represent 'plowing up past differences' as well as uncovering emotional matters {fields are feminine symbols} that will lead to a better understanding of self {main road}. You have been down this path before {inner and outer?}. The path you take this time {involving both masculine possibilities} could will be rewarding {golden color}. This may suggest you need to get past particular barriers that caused the original conflict. The tracks laid previously is a bit different from this new path/experience. One part of you, the masculine {also look at a literal disagreement on directions involving your husband} is one of adventure, and the other, the feminine, desires is to take a more safe approach. There is a consideration of these two possibilities prior to a decision as well as considering the path you previously took. The masculine aspect{s} wants/needs to go past that experience {was the old direction a wrong turn?}. There is a discussion, inner and possibly a literal one with your husband. In the process the masculine is even unsure which path to take {having gone down the wrong path previously}.
Does this point to the feminine path as being the right approach?

The next paragraph does seem to suggest a good possibility there are two elements of the masculine involved, inner as well as an actual experience with your husband {I am holding onto the one in charge with one hand and holding my husband's hand with the other}. The dark tunnel would be a reference to unconscious connections with conscious understanding. Your masculine self may have taken control making it difficult for outer world relationships {to do with this matter}. You are going with your strong inclinations/instincts {staying with the man in charge} but faced with a challenge from other emotions {and people?} to whether this is the correct path/action to take. This also seems to suggest you have very strong masculine aspects that when utilized is a controlling agent in your life {also may suggest you tend to let your husband take the lead confirming his position as driver of the car/you}.

Take the above and apply it to both actual waking experiences with your husband as well as inner emotions. What conflicts in both these worlds {that are related} are you currently experiencing {or were at the time you had the dream?}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Dear Jerry,
Your response has been very helpful as I think about how my husband and I view the "retirement" years very differently.
I hadn't considered the animus and that being pulled in different directions rings true. Most of your thoughts were right on target and have really opened up this dream for me, Thank you so much.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Pat,
The 'two' possible meanings to every image/dream is an application of Jungian concept I have found to be a constant truth. The dream will focus on recent waking life experiences and at the same time address 'inner' aspects {masculine/animus} traits/foundations. Usually there is a primary focus on one or the other, often depending on the age of the dreamer {older person's dreams more often focused on reflection and foundation issues}. This is one reason I ask for age when posting a dream. I dare say the issues over retirement disagreements with your husband is a primary issue. But very likely the inner issues concerning the animus also.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present