Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Death and rebirth

bren,
First i suggest you read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams. a guide to understanding the process of Jungian dream psychology and analysis/interpretation.

Death and rebirth in dreams usually reflect changes in the waking life of the dreamer. Something is coming to an end and something new is beginning. These types dreams are common at the mid-life stage {mid/late 30s to late 50s}. The attitude of looking forward with marriage, family, career etc. begins to fade and there is a tendency to reflect on the past. These are natural processes with our dreams attempting to help resolve emotional issues accumulated throughout life. Just as the body has the immune system to help protect against disease the psyche/mind has dreams to help protect against an out of balanced psyche.

As for your dream and the images. The war would be an emotional conflict that is occurring or has occurred in your life. I had a dream that I was in a war. I think the US Civil war and that I was killed. Then, I was in the womb, ready to be born. I saw the light at the end of the tunnel and I remember thinking that I would be expected to cry when I came out but I wasn't going to. I was excited about the process and about being born. I saw the people's faces in the dreams and other babies and then, I began to cry as I was being born involuntarily as breathing.

Being a 'civil war' may suggest an emotional experience that involves civility of actions. It could also represent a conflict within yourself {American against American but on opposite sides}. The womb is often a symbol for a place where something is born {new birth/experiences/attitudes in your life} and the dream indicates you are ready for this process to happen {either a conscious process you are aware of or an unconscious attitude where you are ready to move forward to something new}. Tunnels are also symbol of 'new birth' processes and can represent unconscious stimuli that are becoming conscious {old attitudes needing new birth}. Crying is a release of emotions and in this particular experience you are going through this may suggest you are likely to be emotional {are you the emotional type?} but are trying not to be overly emotional {being an emotional type often causes more problems than usual}. You are excited about this new experience {this line may suggest you are aware of a conscious process taking place} and the new possibilities. Faces usually represent the persona/ego and how you present yourself to the world. Seeing other babies faces {other possibilities about this new experience} causes involuntary emotional energies to be exposed {you can not help but be emotional}.

Dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor and seldom come out and say 'this is what is happening' in the dreamer's life. Whatever the message it does involve the emotions. It is most difficult if not impossible for an interpreter of dreams to say exactly what it is the dream is attempting to communicate {unless there is a close personal dialog between the dreamer and interpreter where the dreamer's life is exposed} but a good interpretation will define the periphery of the dream {outlining the possibilities}. Your dream is attempting to communicate something related to an end of some aspect in your life and a new beginning of another. Dreams do offer clues as I pointed to {the possibilities}. My sense you are aware of changes {the title of the dream suggests this also}. Like a puzzle you will need to fit the pieces in the dream to your waking life to complete the picture of what the dream is reflecting {dreams reflect out true emotions which are often different from what we consciously know or think}. Let me know if there are still missing pieces of the puzzle {so you understand what the dream is about} and we can go from there. One dream is merely the beginning of the process of resolving the emotional issue{s}.

I do request a follow up response to my analysis. My interpretations are free but it would be fair that the interpretation receives a response {don't you think?}.
Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi and than you for responding. There are a lot of things in my life which are changing or about to change. My grandson (3) and my daughter has moved in, which is something that has been in the works. There are changes to my routine as I am assuming the role of primary caregiver for a while. Also, and I believe this to be the unconscious becoming conscious, is the realization of my intense need to write stories, whether or not I publish them. I realized quite suddenly that I think in prose and made the decision to give my stories a higher priority in my life. The process of writing helps me organize my thoughts and emotions and work out issues in my life. For some reason, I have been stifling my impulse to write with other and unnecessary activities as a way to avoid writing. Why? I have yet to uncover but at least I know what I am looking for.

On another level, my other daughter is planning her wedding and I am helping her prepare for her new life. That has the potential for a myriad of emotions to surface. I am not an outwardly emotional person, but I do feel things deeply and channel those emotions into writing.

Thank you again for your insightful response.

Bren

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Bren,
Thanks for the response. I can see there is good reason for the dream image of being in the womb. There are a lot of changes taking place in your life and a lot of reason for emotional conflicts. The other babies you saw in the dream may be related to all the different changes. I do find it interesting your statement in your response, "I believe this to be the unconscious becoming conscious, is the realization of my intense need to write stories, whether or not I publish them". I earlier in another post had used Jung's quote 'Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate'. What makes it even more interesting is your words are in response to write stories. In Jungian psyche discovery and utilizing the creative aspects is paramount to living a harmonious life. I think it would be wise to focus on your efforts to get your stories published. Such synchronistic events shouldn't be ignored.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present