Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: another devouring mother dream from childhood

Pat,
Very early life experiences/influences {experiences not consciously noted by unconsciously taken note of} are so important to a person's whole life. I believe we will eventually realize this fact and be able to apply this knowledge in understanding the unconscious. Unconscious motivations are at the center of every life, the early life foundations being the driver of many of our actions during a life time. I personally applied this concept to my life and saw how they fit like a glove. By realizing what these factors are a person can focus on the underlying issues and bring about resolution to them. My issue was trying to substitute the love and acceptance I never received from my father. I was repeating much of what he did {but never was the SOB he was towards his responsibilities as a father}. It had direct connections to three failed marriages to three wonderful women {running away instead of staying and working it out}. Once I realized this I was able to reconcile the issue and remove the motivating factor that was placed within my psyche as a child. I find this application of Jungian concepts to be a primary focus in most dreams and will point to them with the hope the dreamer will take a closer look. It is only when the issues are realized can there be a chance of resolution.

By the way. The unconscious motivations concerning my father is the classic mythological motif of the son seeking the father. Perhaps the best known example in our era is Star Wars where Luke sought out his father {who turned out to be a shadow aspect also}. This motif is also a classic tale in Native American mythology. Once there is a realization of a 'pattern' of behavior we can look to mythology {which uses the same archetypal images/symbols} for better understanding of the underlying issues.

Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate....Carl Jung

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present