Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Odd dream

Hello, i haven't posted a dream in awhile, but this morning i fell back to sleep, and in that time i had the strangest dream. I remember it extremely vividly.
The first part, i was outside. it was like in a grassy opening, but with trees on the side. My brother was with me. we for some reason were caring for a dog. then we found this car and in the back(sort of like the bed of a pick up truck) it was filled with dog supplies. I was so happy. Then we started taking large tree branches and started building fences with them around the area, Because we were(and this may sound strange) in a zombie apocalypse. I didn't see any, i just knew it.(I have had one other dream this week about zombies, but i actually saw them in that one, so, I'm not sure if that has something to do with this as well or not) Then i remember someone- a woman- coming. I did NOT like her. I wasn't afraid i just felt so much hate. Then the dream shifted. Now i was in my current home with my father and Brother. It was summer. It was hot, but we were inside looking out a window. The back of my house looked pretty much the same, just, with lots more green vegetation. We were staring into a tree, and there was a birds nest. Two birds came in, but very slowly. one was carrying a smaller dead bird. This freaked me out, but, I was Laughing at it. So were my dad and brother. I couldn't shake off this sense of fear. Like something bad was about to happen. I then watched as the bird fed the dead one to the chicks. The two birds watched. Then we walked outside, and i remember looking down at my arms. For some reason they were like- Tan/sun burnt down to my hands, but my hands were pale. Then i was looking at cut marks on my arm. I knew they were self inflicted(which was a surprise to me) but i just kept staring at them. My dad walked by and asked what they were. I told him they were bite marks(even though they looked nothing like bite marks). he said "Okay, cool" and walked away. I then frowned and looked down. I was standing on a wooden deck sorta thing. I remember sighing, and that's it. Then i woke up.
This dream was full of surprises to me. It had me very confused. If you could please help me figure out the meaning, id be happy. thank you very much.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Odd dream

Mel,
My sense is the dream is addressing desires/needs associated with not having the required emotional nourishment as a child/teen. These experiences are something you share with your brother. Being able to have/find this nourishment would make you very happy {dog supplies-your physical and emotional requirements}.

The part about taking the tree branches and building fences may suggest you have built emotional barriers against those things in life you dread {those emotional issues to do with the lack of proper nourishment}. The tree in one respect would represent personal growth and the lack of this nourishment has affected your personal growth. The sense of doom could be because you have not received this required nourishment. is there a particular woman in your life you do not like? What/how is the relationship with your mother? This could be at the core of the nourishment you seek/need and have not received. These are past experiences that have affected you and your direction in life.

There are 'hot' emotional issues involved that are affecting who you are NOW. You are experiencing a better environment in the position you now live {more vegetation} but the emotional issue still remain {which doesn't greatly help no matter the environment you live in}. There are still the issues of personal growth {tree}. The bird's nest is your nest, your environment, one that seeks emotional security and protection. The two birds may be the parents. One bird is carrying a 'dead' part of yourself {the relationship with a parent}. You attempt to 'laugh' this away but it is an unconscious influence that motivates your personal life. {This may also point to an actual experiences involving your dad and bother where laughing at an issue}. unconsciously you have an embedded sense of fear due to a lack of the nourishment have described. You are feeding {unconsciously} upon the dead aspects from the lack of proper nourishment.

The sun burnt arms with cuts represent the personal wounds you have experienced and the ability to function normally {personal growth}. Have you tried to or thought about harming yourself? Or is this eluding to the emotional harm from earlier life experiences? s your dad giving you the attention you need to do with these emotional issues?

i get the sense there are parental issues involved which have affected your personal growth and your ability to grow. Again, what is the relationship with your mother like? is she the woman in your dream you do not like? Could the relationship with your mother be at the core of your emotional issues?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hey, i apologize for not responding immediately.Your interpretation seems very accurate. Me and my mother's relationship has never been good. As a child she abused me. Recently i tried to contact her, and to put it simply, she has not changed. My father's girlfriend and i have a horrible relationship as well. We have never gotten along. I despise her actually. I got that kind of a feeling with the woman in the dream, although i do not remember the face of the woman exactly. I have tried previously to harm myself, which is in the past of course. I have seen a therapist about it.(That's a shameful part of my life.)I think the biggest issue i have with my mother, and moving on, is that i just can't get over it. My father expects it not to bother me, but how can it not? Although me and him have a pretty good relationship. Anyways your look on the dream, was scary accurate. Thank you for taking the time to look over it. I appreciate it very much.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Mel,
I appreciate the response. One aspect I want to comment on {it seems my analysis was correct} is the 'shame' associated with seeing a therapist. There is nothing shameful about that. In fact it is a positive that you did see one {whether or not it helped}. Not doing so would be the shameful thing, not doing what is needed to help with good psychological health. If you were seriously ill physically you would see a doctor. Why not the same psychologically? WE ALL have deep emotional issues and most would be better off if they saw a psychologist or therapist to help resolve. If you don't resolve the emotional issues they will continue to be in your dreams. Dreams are self therapy, their intent is to inform the dreamer of emotional issues that need resolution. If they remain unresolved they will unconsciously have control over your conscious life. Your attempt to harm yourself is indicative of these unresolved issues. I recommend you continue {or begin again} to see a therapist to help you with your problems.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present