Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Long vivid dream

I once again had a very vivid dream, that i'd like to understand better. I recently posted a dream, so i hope im not being a pest by posting another.
From what i can remember the dream began at my aunt and uncles house(which they no longer live at. in fact we're currently preparing to move there). The place was... slightly messier then it would have been. The floor was covered in clothes. They were watching me for my dad. I remember i was sitting in a tight corner. I remember getting up and walking out to the living room. My uncle was there sitting on a chair. My aunt was cleaning up the area i had been at, and i remember feeling suddenly worried, like i was hiding something in the corner. i stared at her, hoping she wouldn't find it. Then she walked away and i ran over, and grabbed it. Turned out that 'it' was my clothing, including a shirt and underwear(sorry that's a little weird..). anyways, then i was outside. we were outback of my aunt and uncles house. This part is a little blurry, but i can remember it was for some sort of.. celebration? there were a lot of people, that i did not know. i felt very uncomfortable, and out of place. It was night time. I remember i did something, and suddenly everyone was angry with me. I was trying to tell them that it wasn't my fault, but i seriously had no idea what i did. then we were in front of the house. and i was standing next to this boy. I know that i 'loved' him. It was weird. suddenly we saw a shooting star, and it was beautiful at first, but then, it came really close to us, and it crashed on the other side of the house. I ran after it to see what it was, and so did the boy. it was like.. a comet? it was made of like stone. then my dad came over to look at it. he seemed very interested. I remember it turning into daylight,and i guess another rock came down, and had hit the boy in the face. he was bleeding, and i remember rubbing his head slightly, and telling him it would be okay. I also had a piece of the 'comet' in my hand, and i was feeling it. it had a rather rough texture to it. Then(and this is the really strange) my dad cracked the 'comet' open(in half) and there were wires and what not inside of it. i remember my dad getting a phone call and talking to someone about it then the dream ended.
This is probably one of the weirdest dreams I've had in awhile. So, once again i hope im not being a pest by posting another. thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Long vivid dream

Mel,
After taking a look back your other posted dreams the patterns does seem to be about childhood issues. You have confirmed this {most recently about mother abuse in your response in your last posted dream}. This dream does seem to be playing on the same themes. The question is, does the images of your aunt and uncles represent 'related emotional issues' to do with experiences with family {particularly your parents} or is the dream pointing to actual emotional experiences to do with them {aunt and uncle}. You can answer that by looking at the relationship with them and see if there is any emotional issues involved {mental or physical abuse}. This is the one thing that is hard to pinpoint as it has to do with their inclusion i the dream. Because they do live next door to you, and you are moving into their house, that may have stimulated past memories to do with them. It could point to actual experiences. But an image of an aunt and/or uncle could symbolize 'related' issues to do with something else and not have anything to do with them personally.

Other than the question about your aunt and uncle the dream seems to be focused on inner emotional 'trauma' that has affected your personality and life. Clothing in a dream usually represents ego attitudes you possess {anything to do with ego personality is a result of early life experiences/influences as well as genetics}. Your basic foundations {floor} is covered with emotional attitudes due to early life experiences. Something is 'messy' about the aunt/uncle images {answering the question about the actual relationship with them will define what their images mean in the dream}. You are in an 'emotional' tight corner and are feeling the pressures from these experiences. There is something uncomfortable, out of place to do with their images. Something that affects your persona {face}. In your dream the other boy you love is your true self, the self that should have been if only you had good parents and a normal childhood.

The ending to the dream does seem to be focused on your father and that relationship. It may be pointing to issues you told him about but he never followed through on doing anything. The shooting star would be a symbol for good fortune but because of your abnormal childhood that came crashing down. It is now a 'concrete' formation {comet/rock} that has affected your inner circuitry {wires and what not inside}. Your childhood experiences has been disrupted by emotional issues and that will go with you, and affect who you are and become, for the rest of your life. Unless you do something about it. And that would require therapy.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

The relationship between my aunt an uncle is rather neutral. I was around them a lot when i was like 3-4 but as i got older i never really stayed around them. My aunt has caused us trouble with my mother though. besides that, there's not much.
Thank you for this interpretation. It makes a lot of sense to me. I'll definitely be looking into therapy again, and based on my experiences with this forum, and the dreams, hopefully one that uses dreams and such. Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Mel,
Thanks for the response. It does provide further clues to the dream images. In particular those of your aunt and uncle {which I felt were not so important as literal experiences}. The language about them in the dream 'My uncle was there sitting on a chair. My aunt was cleaning up the area i had been at, and i remember feeling suddenly worried, like i was hiding something in the corner' points to a passive relationship with your uncle {sitting on a chair} but something more involved with your aunt. That would likely be related to your mother and her attitude.

The one thing you said that is significant is a willingness to return to therapy. As I stated previously we all have issues that could use some therapy to help understand them and resolve them. Let unattended they only grow stronger and will in some way have an influence on you personality wise as well as who you become as an adult. If I had known much earlier in life what I know now about the influence of my childhood relationship with my father {I should say non-relationship} and the affect it had on my early adult life I would have lived an entirely different life. That is how strong early life experiences/influences have on all of us. Unconsciously we are controlled by those events. If both parents smoke, drink or are abusive it is likely the children will possess the same traits. It isn't rocket science, it is common sense. A child picks up on such things and it is embedded in the psyche. So please do follow up on the therapy so you will be able to live an early adulthood free of unconscious influences. I was 42 when i began to free myself from the energies of childhood {that is when I first discovered Joseph Campbell and Jungian psyche}. Oh what could have been if only I had known earlier.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present