Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forced labor camp dreams

Good morning Jerry! I hope all is well with you. It has been a long time since I've posted a dream. I would like your point of view on these 2 dreams that I just had last night, as they seem to be very related.

In the first dream, I was in some sort of forced labor camp. I was being shown a new job (live turkey butchering). In the dream, the turkeys were still alive as they came around on the conveyor. They had been given some sort of drug that was supposed to make their heart stop, and they were wearing monitors. As the first turkey appeared in front of me, it's heart started sounding erratically. Someone said, "this one is having a heart attack. Take it away," and handed it to me. To my horror, what I was holding was a 2-year-old boy. The boy was smiling, seeming trusting and oblivious to its fate. I started walking away with him trying to figure out how to save him and feeling like there was nothing I could do. When I got to a door, I woke up.

That was so disturbing to me, I could not go back to sleep for about an hour. When I fell back asleep, this is what my dream was:

I was in another work camp where we each had our own house. It was almost nighttime, and I was feeling uncomfortable in my own house, so I went to visit a male friend (played by an actor in a TV show we are currently watching lol). At his house, we kept having to walk around really large holes in the floor (could not see what was below). Lots of things were not working (plumbing, electricity). I suddenly realized it was after curfew. I really wanted to go home, but I was in danger if I walked home. I was also in danger if morning came, and they would find my house empty. My friend offered to walk me home, but I didn't want to put him in danger either. I woke up before any decision was made.

I will give you a little recent background that might help with this one. I have been training in an energy healing technique (Healing Touch) this weekend. We used a method with different placements of the hands on different parts of the body and asking if the body has anything it wants to tell us. I did fine until the practitioner got to one of my legs, and at that point, I shut down, my leg twitched, and I just did not want her anywhere near that leg, and I have no idea why. I just felt like I have a big block and that these dreams are somehow pointing to that. Also, during another session, I kept having flashes of photos of people I do not know that looked like they were from the 40s and 50s (I was born in 68) that just kind of floated through my consciousness, but I didn't pay a lot of attention to it. I do believe in past lives, but I am not sure if this has anything to do with my dreams or not.

Also, I have had a huge transition in my life. The loss of a job that I had for 8 years (laid off) and starting down a new path (energy medicine and massage therapy school).

Please let me know if there is anything else I can tell you that might be helpful. Thank you!
Angie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Forced labor camp dreams

Angie,
I'll tackle your dreams in the morning. Most likely they have to do with your job loss and search. Perhaps we can discern what you are being forced into and if that is indeed an emerging pattern in the dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Angie,
I'll tackle your dreams in the morning. Most likely they have to do with your job loss and search. Perhaps we can discern what you are being forced into and if that is indeed an emerging pattern in the dreams.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Angie,
The first dream is a tough one because it is hard to determine the symbolic meaning of the turkey. Personal associations have a lot to do with some images and are hard to understand. I do believe the dream is addressing the present career choices you are considering. Have you been criticized for choosing holistic healing, being told {or even feeling} it is a foolish choice {turkey}? The 2 year old boy could be an anima/animus figure representing new opportunities that require strength and courage {developing masculine qualities}. It could also represent a second chance to get it right. But it will require developing masculine qualities {boy} to achieve {strength and courage to persevere}. There may be doubts {especially after your first weekend classes} and you have to figure out how to make it work.

I also see other possible aspects. Those would have to do with past 'foolish' decisions {turkey} to do with the heart. That could b about relationships, or/and the career decisions. There is a lot of emotional pain from previous experiences {heart attack}. The drugs are temporary fixes, decisions not from the heart but of necessity. Despite the negative past experiences, there is the natural positive outlook {smiling, trusting boy}. You must save yourself and this second opportunity allows that but you have doubts {or trust your ability to develope the masculine qualities}. The door represents new openings. Because you are in doubt you woke up before the door was opened.
Are the matters to do with relationships in your present life? Or is it about choices to do with the heart concerning career choices?

As for the second dream.
The work camp is position in life. Each individual has their own life {house} . You are feeling uncomfortable with your path and must seek new strength in choices to be made {male friend-see masculine qualities anima/animus}. The new opportunities aren't on a sound foundation/floor {what many people think about holistic healing}. It has a lot of holes in it you must navigate around. After your first class you realize there is something not working properly {the blockage in your leg}. This makes you feel there are limits {curfew} to the possibilities. You want to fulfill the heart {home} but there are difficulties in doing this {danger in walking}. Unconsciously your house is empty {inner feelings} and you don't want the future {morning} to be empty. The friend {him} is the masculine qualities that you possess that can assist you {if developed}. But failure would put your whole self in danger {losing again in life}. There is indecision.

But again as in the first dream this dream may be addressing other issues as well {it can be addressing both}. It could be about relationships. Or it could be about the foundations of your life {holes in the floor} that get in the way of either of the possibilities {or both}. Take the second dreams and apply these possibilities and see if they fit one or the other. Overall I think both dreams are addressing issues of the past and decisions for the future. Fulfilling the heart of continue taking 'drugs' in hope you can drown out what the heart truly wants/needs.

Let me know your thoughts. Those will likely provide clues to what the turkey represents {it is a part of you}.

Jerry

Hi Jerry! I wanted to let you know that I have been processing this and found what you wrote makes a lot of sense.I have quite a bit to add but will wait to do that in the next couple of days when I have more time to get my thoughts in order.

Angie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Angie,
I am glad you have taken the time to process the dreams. They have so much to tell us. Respond when you get the time.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present