Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Desolate World, Men as Beasts, Really Strange

Anonymous,
I appreciate the detailed response. Every dream is a learning experience not only for the dreamer but also for those of us who work with dreams. There is nothing more definitive than first hand experience.

I dare say much of the horrific dreams you had as a child were because of not being able to who you really are gender wise. We all suffer from not being able to express our true selves {and knowing who that is} but to have gender issues adds to the emotional suffering. Both physical abuse and mental abuse become a part of the nightly dramas in our dreams. And there is a reason for that.

Dreams are therapeutic, they attempt to help us realize what the emotional issues are that hold energies so strong they can unconsciously control the conscious life. Much like the immune system is to the body, dreams are nature's device to heal the psyche {ology}. When we take time to 'translate' the coded message in our dreams {symbol and metaphor} we are performing 'soul' work {soul in Greek means psyche}. When we awaken to our true being, the self that resides within and not the ego perception we have of ourselves, we are able to see what is really beneath the layers of ego consciousness. And it always begins in childhood. Working through the emotional issues is how you change yourself and your dreams. Using dreams are therapy is the best way to access the unconscious. Using dreams as a creative tool is fulfilling nature's intent to be truly whole. Jung discovered that wholeness is centered in a creative self as well as a spiritual Self. Your ability to endure and prosper {as I indicated in my analysis} is likely due to your creative endeavors. It allows you {all of us if we take the time to utilize our creativity} to express what is within in a way that is not available in any other way. To let it out is to expose what unconsciously drives us. To realize what that is allows us to overcome its power to control our conscious lives.

You are a good candidate for Jungian psyche. From your response I gather you have already read some of his works. You may want to delve deeper into his philosophy and concepts, especially his Individuation Process. This process can help better understand the creative aspects and the importance it has to self discovery. I was 42 when I first encountered Joseph Campbell and began my path to wholeness. It is never too late to turn the tide and with what you have learned already I dare say there is great potential for you in the next 50 years. You are the heroine in your own life and as you travel the path to wholeness using your talents you are fulfilling one of the main ingredients of the hero journey. Sharing what you have learned with others so they too can find wholeness.

If you have other dreams that you feel important, negative or otherwise, feel free to post them. Your life, your dreams have a lot to tell and your unique experiences can be valuable lessons for us all.

A Note about your dream and my analysis
Most often I read the whole dream before giving an interpretation. But on many longer dreams I take the dream and translate the images to determine if there is a visible pattern. Often long dreams are repetitive, stating the same thing in different ways. Your dream was one that unfolded and had a message that kept my interest peeking. That is why I did not see your notes about being transgender until the end of your post. As it turned out it allowed me to see beyond those emotional issues.
Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present