Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: possibly lucid dream, obe?

No Thank You!! thank you for being able to hear me and empathize with me that is an incredible talent that not enough people tap into. my personal journey also started with healing the emotional problems that were imbedded into me as a child. Although I was not aware I was on a journey until a couple of years ago it seems my sub. has always known that I was. I like to compare my journey to a spiral. If you were to look at a spiral and follow it down to the center you would come to realize that you loop around over and over again only every time you loop you get just a little further down into the spiral. That is my life, my journey. Seeing the same scenes but hearing a new deeper story every time I see it. So again thank you for being open honest and able to connect with me. I can't wait to email you again with some wonderful new imagery that we can discuss to see the deeper meaning! On that note I did want to say that I became aware of another meaning that my dream might have been trying to say: I have been struggling to see myself as something worthy and beautiful I believe that my eyes being closed may have been symbolizing my failure to see the true beauty of my nature (of our nature as a whole) and the feeling that I had of just pure beauty was a signal that I was ready to see myself in a new light. not damaged and broken but full and beautiful. Even the broken pieces of me are parts of me. They are parts that make up the whole. therefore the only conclusion i can make is that I was never broken only that I perceived that I was.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 missouri

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

oh and what is your take on lucid dreaming i would love to hear your opinion ty!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Rebecca,
About lucid dreaming. I am evolving on this topic but believe we need to be careful in utilizing this method of 'controlled' dreaming. Dreams are therapeutic by nature {just as the body has the immune system to help resolve physical issues the psyche/mind has the dream to help resolve emotional issues} and when we disrupt the natural cycle of the dream we can take away from its therapeutic affects. If lucid dreaming is used purely for the 'fun of it' {controlling the dream does tend to be fun} then whatever the message of the dream can be diluted and even dismantled. We must learn to listen to our dreams so to understand the unconscious and underlying causes for out actions, attitudes and emotional conflicts. The intent of the dream is to help resolve emotional conflicts and if we spend our sleeping hours {REM sleep} 'playing' we tempt the mind to negate the time needed for the dream to finish its 'communication'. Flying all night may be fun while it lasts but the lasting affect of the dream message of 'flying too high' in life can be lost.

On the other hand if we use lucid dreaming constructively they can be valuable tools in helping the emotional issues. If say the dream has imagery that has a message but the message is unclear, the ability to ask questions can help clarify the message. Controlling the dream in this manner is contributing to resolving the issues the dream is trying to communicate. Dreams are a dialog between the unconscious and conscious mind. Being in partial control of the dream can be beneficial. Being in total control may lead to 'abuse'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

yes i completely agree with your take on lucid dreaming it is also my understanding that being lucid can indeed help us make better sense of our dreams but that taking control of our dreams may keep us from fully understanding them. thank you for your insight!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present