Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Clawed

Annika,
I too have forgone religion in favor of spirituality {spiritual connection}. My belief system is based more on deeds more than faith. Good deeds toward others as well as limiting and controlling the negatives in my personal life. The laws of Karma, cause and effect, not allowing negative forces to happen and letting the positives to guide my actions limits the possibility of anything negative to occur. What happens in a person's life usually is caused by their own actions. A simple equation is applicable for everyone {and thus a natural law}.

As for God, I look within myself to find my highest qualities and live from that. It is not something I need to bring in but instead to bring out. My formula is to live life by WWJD. What would Jesus do, but not in selective occasions but in every action. Most religious people talk the talk but don't walk the walk. It is by our deeds we are defined, not by the faith we follow. Faith in what? Oneself. To live a life of good deeds, walking in the footsteps of what Jesus would do and not by the instructions of a preacher or priest or rabbi. You are not living by the limitations of what others perceive as truth.

Joseph Campbell says we should have teachers but not a guru. By following a guru or person who proclaims to know the 'truth' is follow a path that is limited as far as that person has progressed.

In psychological terms it is living to your fullest potential. Achieving 'Buddha consciousness' {Buddhism is not a religion, it is a psychology}. Jung discovered a 'spiritual' aspect within the psyche {to go with the anima/animus and the shadow}. The spiritual aspect is a natural aspect related to nature, being in accord with nature and the laws of nature. All religions are myths {myths are exaggerated truths}. Myths reveal universal truths but we must distinguish the metaphorical references from literal facts. Jesus' death and resurrection is symbolic of what must happen to the individual. Death to the egocentric self and a resurrection {rebirth} to the spiritual Self. That involves an inward journey to discover the foundations to why we are who we are and what motivates us to be that person. From earliest childhood to the present time, the emotional experiences that define who we are. Understanding those issues and removing the barriers so we can be whole is what Jungian psyche is about. And it is in our dreams the motivations are revealed. Once the barriers are removed we discover a spiritual identity and find meaning in life. Usually we also discover a creative aspect, or that thing in life we love doing most. That is where meaning in life comes from. Living a spiritual life {in accord with the laws of nature} and a creative life. Fulfillment in the outer life depends on wholeness in the inner life. Think psychologically and living spiritually is my formula for life. In the past 22 years of living by these laws I have found them to be true. I am pretty much living my conscious 'dream' having discovered my true self from my unconscious dreams. This what Jungian psyche is about.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Clawed

Thanks for the insight, Jerry. :)

I think it would be helpful to me to study Jung. I believe it would be of benefit to me on my journey moving forward.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 raleigh, nc

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present