Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jerry new dream!!

Rebecca,
I'll provide an response and analysis of your last post in the morning.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Rebecca,
I'll provide a response in the morning {Sunday}. Have a long day ahead of me serving the dragon {social responsibilities}.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Rebecca,
Thanks for sharing your story. It does make 'perfect' sense. Balancing the masculine {social/family obligations} with the feminine is very much like walking a tightrope over the Grand Canyon. You know to have the skills but the fear of falling is always a constant. At least until you get to that place where the social dragon has little to say how you live life and you are able to put all your efforts into the creative self. That usually happens when the kids are grown and social responsibilities are not the major demand on life. Few people ever realize that place but when you discover the creative self and work toward thos ends life always is better. As Joe Campbell states, "following your bliss and you put yourself on a plane of higher consciousness". Balancing the two opposing forces in life {creativity and social obligations} is not easy, especially in this time we live. But when we have nothing more to look toward than social interactions we soon discover there is little meaning in life to sustain us. That is where the creative self plays its greatest role. I commend you for working toward those ends. Balancing responsibilities with an objective mind while at the same time fulfilling what I believe is the request of the soul.

On the subject of Joseph Campbell. Yes, do continue to follow his directions. He articulates Jungian psyche in a way no other could. His story telling reveals how myth and psyche {psychology} fit together. As stated, the dream is a personal myth, a myth is the universal dream. One does not exist without the other. By understanding the metaphorical references in mythology we can see how they fit with the same symbols in dreams {the archetypes}. There are not many people who even concern themselves with these associations. But when one does life opens up and enlightenment prevails. You place yourself on a higher level of consciousness because you have dared to travel inward to the unconscious world of truths. Not only personal truths but also universal truths. Talk about discovering meaning in life. This is the ultimate journey life. The only thing that trumps it is death {my philosophy that life is merely another experience for the soul in its journey through the cosmos}.

I take it from your comments you are viewing Campbell's The Power of Myth videos. Six hours of pure enlightenment. At least for those of us who are capable of comprehending their message. Not everyone does.

Jerry

As always jerry you hear me:) It is heartbreaking sometimes that people can no longer see what to me is so apparent. There is not a time when I can listen to modern music or watch a movie and not see the metaphors and the crying out for help and change. It is my belief that we are all feeling this intense pull towards something. And even though there are those out there who pretend to not feel. its still happening. The fact is it doesnt matter if im wrong or your wrong the point is that we try and that we continue to grow. For me? The pull is too strong to ever let go. I need to grow, to expand, to understand. :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 missouri

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present