Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lucid dream/ living another life while asleep

I have had lucid dreams since I was a teen, but while I was pregnant with my son they stopped. Last night, I had a dream of an entire lifespan on another plane of exsistance.there was a queen if you will, who changed into the form of a giant caterpillar. She despised men, but loved them and would steal the men of the realm to keep them in a perpetual slumber in a sort of museum.she venerated us women, and we all were kept in luxury, beautiful homes made of glass and white marble. We did not age, there were no seasons to turn the grass brown and if you plucked a flower or cut your hair it grew back instantly. I had a man, and when she came to take him I burried him in the ground so she wouldn't find him and covered the hole with white stones. When she came she was very angry and she told me I would come to live with her and become pregnant. When I moved to my new home her servants were prepairing large pots with soil, and she explained that this is where my children would come from. When I escaped and went back to find mt man, the ground had sealed it self and the white. Tones had turned into lillies. I lived out the rest of my unaging life at the foot of the queen or goddess, and she loved me because she new what I had done and I was the first do defy her, or question her rules. Does anyone know this goddess or maybe have an idea of what plane I traveled to? When I finally was ready to die, I became light, bright and blinding and returned to the stars, was slammed back into my physical self. This is the most intense astral travel I have ever done and it left me exsausted so I am having a hard time decyphering the meanings behind what I saw.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 usa/Ca

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} femaile

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: lucid dream/ living another life while asleep

Felicia,
Felicia,
This person, the queen, in your dream is you {the queen image may represent mother; the unconscious; intuition; instincts; nature; personal growth}. The other existence is probably your inner life. Changing into a giant caterpillar can be symbolic of a personal metamorphosis.
Caterpillar - Transition or transformation. A need to or in the process of changing from one thing to another. Being unaware of one's potential and/or beauty. Your evolving life. Stages in life, personal growth and development. Have you reached your goals in life?

You say your lucid dreams when you were pregnant with your son. One probably had to do with the other {see Lucid Dreaming}. You underwent a transformation to becoming a mother. Perhaps that made you feel more like a beautiful butterfly more so than the creature you were before your pregnancy.
This may also be a reference to your own birth. Sensory abilities in infants is something we are beginning to better understand. We know a child isn't born with a 'blank slant' but with an ability to 'sense' its surroundings and store these feelings within the psyche. And then there are the archetypes, a preset of instructions we are all born with. Much like the turtle upon hatching from its egg, it 'knows' to go straight for the ocean. Humans also have these pre-determined set of instructions as a part of the 'natural' psyche.

On the issue of men. Do you have a love/hate attitude toward men? This could be true but would also point to the same attitude toward yourself {see Anima/Animus-Masculine/Feminine ASpects of he Psyche}. This would be a product from early life experiences/influences that helped shape your psyche and personality. This is an unconscious attitude and you venerate yourself and possibly men because of it.

Get the picture? These images are pointing inward, toward yourself. This is Jungian psychology, self psychology.

The beginning of a dream sets the 'stage' {it is a reproduction of your whole life/self} for a particular emotional issue{s} that are in conflict in your life. Look at what I have stated thus far and see if/where it fits. It is your true self, albeit most likely unconsciously motivated.

Our dreams reveal what is 'buried' in the unconscious, including those emotional issues that unconsciously motivate our conscious lives. Consciously life can be seen as a positive but in reality unconscious stimuli is motivating the personality. The ego centered self may see life one way but the reality is completely different. Do you have a particular attitude toward men that is prevalent in your conscious life but in fact is a destructive force when it comes to relationships?

The erlm which you seek that has the goddess is your 'inner realm'. The goddess, the dominant feminine, is in control, it unconsciously controls your conscious life. Unaging may point to the factors from early life that are still controlling. Those factors have not changed {unaged}, they still control and will continue to do so until they are realized, acknowledged and changed. It is this attitude that must die and when that happens you will 'lightened' the emotional load.

I believe the dream is addressing the issues I have presented. Don't outside yourself in other places for this goddess. These images are about you, within you. Put yourself as the images and you will see they fit somewhere. The lucid dreaming ended when you were pregnant. Start there and examine that and see if there are any associations. Then go back to your childhood and see what motivating experience/influences there are that would have formed your psyche and attitudes. In particular the need to control men. The goddess can be a very positive aspect {it is in reality, within nature, stronger than the masculine}. But when it is used as a tool within the unconscious to control, well that peaceful existence that is imagined by the conscious self is illusionary. We all o through life with unconscious motivators. Most people never know {or want to know} what they are and live their life trying to fill voids left from lack of emotional nourishment. Substituting food, sex, drugs, or 'controlling' attitudes for what is lacking and prevents wholeness in life. Dreams are nature's device to help realize these things so they can be resolved. As the immune system is a healing agent to the body, so is the dream to the psyche.

A follow up response is requested. Your thoughts and additional information may help reveal what the dream is trying to communicate.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present