www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Old house & ocean sailing

Jerry, I don't know whether you received my previous reply -- it isn\'t it posted on the thread. Thank you for your thoughtful analyses. Both dreams had a strong emotional impact on me, the first overwhelmingly negative and the second mostly positive.

It rings true that the house dream speaks to unconscious drives associated to my father. He was a powerful, controlling man who kept many secrets and divided children/wives against each other. Ten years after his death, we (siblings & I) are still suffering the damage he left behind. Your interpretations leave me with two painful questions: have I unconsciously replicated his approach to life? Am I stuck in the house I have inherited from him -- is there no way to grow or move on from his negative legacy? My feeling upon awakening from the first dream was dark and despairing; the second left me feeling strong and rather exhilarated. Considered together, these dreams reflect deep truths about my life and where I am going.

Again, many thanks your insights.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45; US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Old house & ocean sailing

Marie,
    It is very possible if not likely your experiences as a child in relationship to your father are unconscious motivators as an adult. My life took that course and I never knew it until I discovered Jungian psyche some 22 years ago. After years of deep and continuous self examination i began to realize I was duplicating many of my father's actions in my adulthood {my father left my mother and 4 children when I was 5 and was never again a participant in our lives}. We now know that children, even in infancy, take in their environment and it becomes an unconscious fixture in the foundations for future growth.

As for moving on and be able to grow despite these influences, there are remedies. My path to wholeness and personal growth came from Jung's Individuation Process. Instead of professional therapy I was able to connect intuitively with Jung's concepts and identify my shadow aspects. Once that was achieved I began to understand the emotional energies that were controlling my conscious life and little by little remove them.

But there is always more to this therapy than just finding ones true identity. There is a realization of the greater possibilities in life, discovering the meaning in the individual life. The great thing for me was the intuitive connection not only led to the resolution of the deep motivators but also began my education into dream analysis. I do not have any formal training in Jungian psychology but I do possess an intuitive understanding of his concepts. From 22 years of working with dreams, especially from my work at this Dream Forum {which has been on line since 2005}, I've discovered I do have the ability to understand and interpret dreams {as many people do who use Jung and have an intuitive mind}. During those early years of learning Jung I also self taught myself to design websites. These sites were/are my way of expressing my true self, as well as a tool for sharing what I have learned. Although the primary goal is to resolve the underlying unconscious issues in life {which most often stem from early life}, there is also the issues of finding meaning in life as we age. Jung, as well as my spiritual mentor Joseph Campbell taught we find true meaning and wholeness when we discover our spiritual and creative aspects {spiritual is not religious but a connection with the divine in nature}. My websites are my outlet for creativity. The muse is our natural connection to the greater 'metaphysical' properties in life. 'Follow your bliss', that thing in life you love doing most. By doing that you put yourself on a level of higher consciousness where society doesn't dictate how you live life. By giving from the soul, the muse within, we are sharing with others. That is a spiritual endeavor in itself. It is a process that requires discipline and personal bravery {you are confronting the inner demons, the real devil in life}. Few people realize this but those who do and {ad}venture the hero path undergo a true birth and resurrection {the metaphorical symbolism of Jesus death and resurrection}. It is a transformation of the highest order where you are released from the bonds of unconscious motivations and freed to explore your highest potential. I have experienced this from Campbell's tutelage as has George Lucas, Linda Ronstadt, Jerry Garcia and many others who heard the call to adventure.

Visit the links I have provided and see if you 'get turned on' by them.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present