Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: church dream

Very helpful, Jerry. The most important is the direction towards the feminine. The dream now makes a great deal of sense to me. I believe the acquaintance was a shepherd type. And Telegraph Hill was what I saw outside my window in SF with Coit Tower on top of it. I read somewhere recently that those who live in the mountains are not aware they are at such a height. So the dreams are very affirming for me for what I am currently practicing in my life. And perhaps I am moving from one stage to the next! I guess we always are, but I do have a sense of expansion and so appreciate your insight to help clarify what my unconscious is telling me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Peggy,
I agree, the dream does seem to be pointing to 'greater heights' in your life. Something that is positive {I sensed Telegraph Hill as being a positive impression in your life}. As for your statement about the continuous moving from on stage to the next. That is a truth we can discern from Campbell's Monomyth where at each stage we often encounter the same repeating encounters. A constant evolution involving many of the same patterns at each stage.

There is one aspect of the dream that seems to represent a barrier. The dream sentence, "it would be lot easier if all four doors were open." The feminine aspect is silent on this which may suggest the masculine is the cause. Because the dream did open with, "I was going to an NA meeting in a Lutheran Church", there may be associations to the 'addictions' of the patriarchal church {your inner church as well}. Or something similar. Also your statement in your response let an impression when I read it {an intuitive sense}. "I read somewhere recently that those who live in the mountains are not aware they are at such a height." Examine this and see if you find associations that may fit with your journey.

Overall the dream is very positive. Anytime you have the number 4 or its multiples {8} it is pointing to wholeness {the number 4 in Jungian psyche represent wholeness}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

The barrier is the journey, I believe. Last night's dream shows, I think, of what you speak: I was with a small group of people from my apt.building at the pool. We were scattering chemicals on the deck. There was a higher deck and I went to scatter the chemicals up there. Our maintenance man (who we have continuous conversations about life & spirituality in real life)said, loud & clear,"NO Peggy, do not throw the chemicals up there, I built that."

I did not know I believed the patriarch was in "control" of the higher realms. It makes sense, though. They built the church and are in charge. I have bought into this on a deeper level. The awareness of this is soooo valuable and I would say, essential to my Spiritual growth.

I see it, thank you, Jerry
Onward & Upward

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Peggy,
This dream seems to be about transformation. an important one at that.
What you have worked to achieve in your conscious life is a transformation from the expectation of following a system of patriarchy to one of balance {in your effort to achieve wholeness}. Spreading the chemicals is the process of transformation of your extended self {deck}. In summary the conscious life has been controlled by the masculine/patriarchal system you grew up with and you do not want that to extend to your higher self. What the masculine built in the conscious life {I built that} is opposite what you desire/seek as your true self. The maintenance man is the literal person on one level but also the maintaining of your path on the higher level you are the maintenance man}. Since there has been a actual conversation with the literal person, he would represent of a transformed animus, he is giving warning not to let society dictate its rules. The transformation here seems to be a realization of the old controlling masculine and replacing it with a transformed spiritual masculine. This would be a breakthrough since the dream is pronouncing a warning about the transformation. Previous dreams have not been as direct, using symbols as clues but not with the pronunciation as in this dream {as all dreams do, they reflect the life at the time of the dream}. The masculine energies of the conscious life {which were unconsciously controlling} are undergoing a transformation. Because the controlling influences are recognized and understood they no longer have the power/energies they had. In short there is a transformation of the higher masculine, an important step in the Individuation Process {something you are participating in whether you are aware or not}. This realization brings together the conscious and unconscious aspects. A very large step in your life.

Working with dreams can be a valuable tool in personal and spiritual growth. You are on a higher level of understanding than most and your dreams are reflecting this truth. They have revealed negatives energies and because you have been able to recognize this you are able to transform the negatives to the opposite, a positive. You feel as positive as you do in your conscious life because your dreams are verifying this tremendous transformation.

Now to the ever evolving next stage.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,
Wow, I would never have gotten any of that out of that dream. The external events that played a part are my husband has A Fib which began in March and can't do what he was doing before and I have had to take over a lot of it. It has really fed my confidence as to what I can do as an old lady. This has in turn fed my artwork and my Spirit feels larger. This is exciting and I can't tell you how grateful I am that you stuck with me through this process. I would not have recognized most of it.

Besides maintenance there is the next stage....we're never done!

Warm regards,
Peggy

Peggy,
Always great when the dream points to the positives in the conscious life. Most often it is focused on the negative since that is what unconsciously rules the waking life. When you get to that point where the dream focuses on the positives then you know you are on the right path. Even the negatives tend to have a positive spin, a reflection of how we are consciously doing things right. When I take time to remember a dream there are past experiences that I knew were controlling but because I have worked through those issues they present themselves in a different light, more of an unconscious lesson of having learned from past experiences more so than a handicap that continues to influence the conscious life in negative ways. I do see a break through in these recent dreams. Self knowledge is one of the most powerful tools.

On the topic of art {the creative aspects}. I consider any creative activity as a spiritual endeavor. It illustrates the true being within and through our creative self we are sharing. One important lesson I learned long ago from Joseph Campbells Monomyth is when you achieve that higher place of inner knowledge, the task before you is to share what you have learned. I think of this lesson when I analyse dreams, using the inherent skills {intuitiveness-developing the skills we naturally possess} to help others realize their inner journey. A great many who visit the Dream Forum have already begun that inner search. My goal is to help point them in a direction of continued learning using Jung and Campbell {and their students and disciples} as tools of understanding. I consider myself a conduit between the difficult Jung {Jungian psyche can get really deep} and the articulate storyteller Campbell. Putting into as simple language as I can to help others understand their message. More often than not {for those like you and I who have progressed in this journey} there is an intuitive recognition of the message that fits with their journey. This shouldnt be surprising since we all are made from the same fabric and our deepest senses are ruled by the archetypes. A quote from Campbell, "Shakespeare said that art is a mirror held up to nature." And its is, a spiritual/metaphysical aspect that is transforming, the old self dies and the new self is resurrected/reborn. Gives new meaning and a shift of focus to Jesus death on the cross.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present