Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream that's against my morals/beliefs

I had this dream today that really surprised me. This is all I remember: I was in a room in my church with this guy from church that I kinda like but not sure if I like him. I know something happened before what happened next. But after whatever happened we started to have sex. But it was like in some movies where it's like implied sex so you don't actually see anything. Then after that I remember we were sitting in that room and a church leader came by in the next room over from us, but the rooms are only separated by a divider. the leader looked in and we sat still and somehow he didn't see us and walked out. But then either I dreamt that that didn't happen or the leader came in a second time, but this time I moved a little bit and he saw us. So the church leader brought other leaders in, including my dad. Somehow they knew we had sex even though we were fully clothd and such. Even though sex before marriage is not approved by my church and I support that, in my dream I just kept thinking that I didn't care about the rules because it felt good/made me happy. Then if I remember correctly, I wasn't allowed to see the guy anymore, but in my dream I at least saw him another time. And in my dream my parents talked to me but didn't talk about they guy or sex. And then I would walk into our youth group and felt a little guilty for not being a virgin at my age, but still didn't really regret it. I wasn't sure if the other teens knew what had happened.
So that's all I remember from my dream. I'm a little worried because I believe in sex only after marriage do why did iq have this dream? Also I've never had a boyfriend and have only talked to this guy a couple times. So any thoughts:meanings?
Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 USA nebraska

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dream that\'s against my morals/beliefs

J,
I began an analysis of your dream but ran into something that is most important to the interpretation. Is the dream statement about not being a virgin a literal truth or just a part of the dream? In your final statement you stated 'you are a little worried because I believe in sex only after marriage' which may imply you are a virgin. I get mixed signals to which is true and that knowledge can make a big difference as to what the interpretation will be. I do believe there are two issues involved {usual for dreams to have at least two meanings/application}. One is about moral issues and the other about personality. If you will clarify the virgin part I will give an analysis.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dream that\\\'s against my morals/beliefs

Sorry I forgot to clarify. I am a virgin.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 USA nebraska

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dream that\\\'s against my morals/beliefs

J,
This will be different from what you may have expected but having worked with dreams {which are a direct link to the unconscious} I believe there is more to the dream than just the subject of sex.

My sense is the dream is addressing spiritual and moral issues {churches are often symbolic of spiritual aspects within the psyche}. A rebellion of sorts. The boy would be both a literal person {the boy you are not sure you like or not} as well as your identification with church and its rules. I'll get to the literal boy application later in my analysis}. In that sense the boy represents the masculine/patriarchal associations with the church which you are not 'unconsciously' sure you like or not {although you state you agree with the sex before marriage issue}. At the age of 16 you are still developing attitudes toward many things in life and your spiritual identity is one of them {a very important one}. The sex in this context is not literal sex {dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor****} but a 'union of opposites' or resolution of conflicts within your mind about those church issues you oppose. The reason I state there are issues to do with church doctrine is the strong masculine involvement within the dream, masculine/patriarchal leadership {the leader}. Plus in the dream there is the true expression of how you feel, "in my dream I just kept thinking that I didn't care about the rules because it felt good/made me happy." Dreams reflect your true self and no matter how much you consciously may believe in something, your true feelings are expressed in your dreams. You support the one issue of sex after marriage but there is a divider between you and the room the 'leader' is in {the leader may be your literal preacher/priest and you may or may not have negative feelings toward him personally}. The leader brings in other leaders in {all men I assume, including your dad} and they represent masculine/patriarchal authority. The sex is a reconciliation of your intuitive opposition to the masculine authority {there may be other issues outside the church, specifically to do with your dad in which you feel a need to rebell}. The sex is with all your clothes on and clothes symbolize personality and ego persona. It is not literal sex in that sense although the moral issue may be in the back of your mind {which would be normal human behavior since sex is a natural aspect of being human}. These 'leaders' know if you do not abide by their rules you will 'see the boy' {developing your own attitudes that fit with your true self}. This is what patriarchal rule is all about and instinctively you are rebelling against it. I believe the dream is addressing these issues. As you grow older I bet you will be more independent in your views because the dream is reflecting who you really are. And that person does not feel comfortable with men telling women how to live. Not being a virgin is not being pure to the faith that is being taught to you. There is guilt because of these feelings, which you do not regret because they are your true feelings, your true self, and the truth as it really is {and not all of what the church teaches}.

As for the 'literal' boy and the dream. Do your parents have strict rules about seeing boys? All dreams/dream images have at least two interpretations/applications {per Jung}. The dream is addressing not only the emotional conflict {dreams are about the emotions} with the patriarchal church but also to do with boys in general. You are forbidden not only from seeing boys but even thinking about it. Are there strict rules in your family on both issues?

**** language of symbol and metaphor-Jesus spoke in parables and the definition of a parable is metaphorical story, not to be taken literally but symbolically. Just as with dreams you must look beyond the story and see the metaphorical references. In a dream the image of Jesus would represent your highest spiritual self and WWJD is what should rule your life. That would be the symbolic message of the dream. Jesus death and resurrection on the cross is what must happen to the individual, a metaphorical reference to dying toe the ego centered, materialistic self and a 'resurrection' to the spiritual self {WWJD that rules your life}.

I sense from the dream you are more of a free thinker and the rules of the church as well as parents my instinctively go against who you really are. As long as you live from the spiritual center {WWJD} then the rules of the church should be taken with a brain of salt since much of what they teach is geared toward controlling people {power and money}. WWJD and not necessarily what men of the church tell you to do {not to mean you should have sex before marriage, one rule you agree with}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present