Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Guy wants me dead

Anonymous,
There are either/and, masculine aspects {animus aspects} that need are torturing you in your conscious life, and/or torturing your inner self. There is a lack of control over these 'masculine' entities.

Two possibilities I see from the dream with both possibly fitting {all dreams/dream images have at least two meanings/applications}.
The first would involve an actual male{s} who are torturing you emotionally {the guy you know in real life} .

The second would involve inner aspects, a lack of inner masculine qualities {animus aspects} that leave you vulnerable to your emotions {are you the emotional type?} The inner aspects are a part of your personality, instilled from childhood/early life.
Your other posted dream {My Shoes} would have to do with these inner qualities and may be the primary issue in this dream as well {with the guy you know being associated with the emotions involved}.

Both would have to do with being emotional. One would be a public experience {as described above} and the other an inner aspect that needs to change so you are not controlled by these emotional issues.

Is there some type of an emotional conflict with the guy you know in real life? Are you overly emotional, not only to do with the real life guy but in general?

Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

The guy in this dream has tortured me emotionally in real life. He is not the same guy in the shoes dream (who I requested to have a dream of the night before to sense how he sees me). Since the dream is about him wanting to kill me, I don't know if he wishes me harm in real life?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Anonymous,
Dreams do reflect fears and desires. But the killing may mean it is something that needs to come to an end {the primary/usual meaning of killing}. Has he threaten you are is there real a real concern? The dream may be reflecting a fear. Don't take the dream literal. His hiring a hit man is symbolic {it is an 'emotional' hit that wants to kill you}. Dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor. Your dreams are about your emotions.

You state these are not the same guys. More reason to believe the dream is addressing both inner/outer issues. Your emotional personality would be what the dream is addressing also. If there is not a real threat of harm from him the dream may be reflecting your emotional vulnerabilities. You may think there he is out to harm you when in fact he isn't. Which best fits your personality?

In either case there is an 'escalation' of emotions. The best way to resolve such issues is to eliminate the cause of the emotional stress. It continues to be a part of your life then it will continue to be an issue. It may be harder to get rid the emotions related to the past experience with him even after he is no longer a threat. If you are dreaming about it then there is still and emotional issue to be resolved. If the guy isn't a problem any longer that may suggest it is a psychological issue that needs a resolution. That would have to do with personality {as I addressed in my original analysis}.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute

FREE SERVICE

Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Visit My Site

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you, Jerry.

I was just wondering if the other guy saying "I want to start a shoe business" meant anything. It seems to mean more when I can remember specifically what someone said directly to me. Earlier this year, I thought about starting a shoe business, but I recently changed my mind since I don't think it would be successful. It's not that I don't have enough confidence in myself; it's that I was looking more into the idea itself. I don't know if that shoe business idea had anything to do with him mentioning himself starting a shoe business in my dream?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Anonymous,
The statement about the guy saying, "I want to start a shoe business" is not in the original dream you posted. In what context was that statement? Is there more to the dream that you did not include? Did your thoughts on starting a shoe business include having it in a mall? All images/actions in a dream can be important. This statement as well as the context in which it applies could make a difference in my analysis.

Other than that. Your thoughts about starting a shoe business could very well have been a stimulus for its use in the dream . And the reference could have associations to your decision not to start the business. But the shoe image would be a metaphorical reference to something else {as well if not solely}. There was an experience with the guy who 'tortured' you so that has to be taken into account. But more than anything it has to have some emotional reference since that is what dreams are about. Dreams are nature's device to help resolve emotional issues {as the immune system is to the body, so is the dream to the psych{ology}.

Suggestion. Look at the dream and take parts of it and see if any strike a memory of an experience. For instance the statement, "the guy was just playing a joke because I played the same joke by previously pretending." The joke part is probably symbolic but often a dream will take a real life experience and use it as a metaphorical reference that has an association to the 'joke'.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute

FREE SERVICE

Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Visit My Site

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

"A guy I knew from my past was standing near the bottom of the stairs (like the "Exit" stairs in a building). As I came down the stairs and walked in front of him, he said "I'm starting a shoe business." I liked what he said, and looked at my shoes, which were clear so you could see through them or see my feet. They looked like new shoes since they were clean. As I walked away on a downtown street, I felt a little self conscious that he saw my feet, but they looked ok."

This is the other shoe dream you analyzed. Does the "I'm starting a shoe business" statement now take on a different meaning. Again, I requested a dream about this particular person the night before about how he sees me.

Regarding the joke, I don't mean any harm when I play jokes or it's playful instead of harmful. At first, the hit man was acting more playful singing to me to get me to marry him, but it took a turn for the worst.

Anonymous,
You are posting on another thread and not your original dream post. Your posted dream is here My Shoes. I was looking at this dream post {Re: Guy wants me dead} and your response. I\\\'ll look at your dream and the additional info tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute

FREE SERVICE

Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Visit My Site

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Thank you. I appreciate it.

I don't know if this makes a difference in the shoe dream, but soon after I was walking downtown, I was walking upstairs- maybe even in the same building I just exited. That's when I was feeling self conscious about him seeing my feet. In reality, I would be self conscious about anyone seeing my feet because I had foot surgery which distorted my toes a little. I make sure my toes aren't showing when I wear shoes, but in this dream my toes were showing since I wore see-through shoes. They were like slip on shoes kind of like a slipper, but a glass (or probably plastic in my case) shoe like Cinderella except without the high heel since I prefer comfortable shoes.

Anonymous,
I believe my first interpretation still fits. The dream is addressing both outer and inner aspects of your life. The outer would have to do with the actual guy who emotionally tortured you. This is the first dream and your My Shoes followed {7th & 8th of July}. The shoe dream may be stating despite your personality limitations {self conscious about your feet} you were able to persevere and make decisions based on positive aspects {being objective and not emotional. This may be addressing the different experiences. The decision about the shoe business, decisions involving the actual guy who tortured you emotionally {have you gotten him out of your life?} as well as addressing the actual deficiencies of your masculine psyche. It is the \\\'self conscious\\\' aspect you want dead {death is symbolic of ending something} as well as wanting/achieving an end to the torture you endured in the relationship with the actual guy. The shoe dream seems to be showing a positive response to the three things I listed. This dream is more about what it is that is causing the emotional conflicts {the tortured relationship, the self consciousness in real life and the motivators in your personality that come from early life training {the early formative years that ultimately make up most of who you become as an adult}. You want the negative things to end {die}, your masculine qualities being the aspect of the psyche that can help you achieve all three. I qualify this analysis based on the lack of knowing what else was in the dream {I keep learning new details}. Even without knowing the full dream{s} I do believe this is part of the message the dreams are trying to communicate.

What would help clarify the possibilities is the reasons you decided against starting the shoe business and more about the relationship with the guy who emotionally tortured you. Has that relationship ended and if so how.

Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute

FREE SERVICE

Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Visit My Site

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Whenever I see the guy associated with the hit man, he harasses me. I don't if I should say he is out of my life since this has been ongoing despite us not being in a relationship.

As far as the shoe business goes, I forgot about it because I don't know if there will be enough interest by others to generate money. There's a lot of competition in the shoe business. I'm thinking of quick ways to generate money by doing things I love.

Anonymous,
That info doesn't alter my analysis. I still believe the dreams are addressing inner aspects more so than outer. It is addressing both but the primary focus is on inner masculine aspects, likely to do with personality and foundations. I suggest you read my pages at my website on masculine aspects {anima/animus} to get a better understanding of these vital inner mechanisms.

Jerry

So, do you think my dream is saying that I lack masculine personalty traits? I thought I might have more masculine than feminine personality traits after I heard a relationship seminar about how masculine personality traits scare men away (acting independent, speaking with thinking instead of feeling words, etc.).

Anonymous,
From my analysis:
There is a lack of control over these 'masculine' entities.
This may suggest

The lack of control may suggest a emotional response such as anger, frustration, inability to control emotional responses in certain situations {do you lose control or get angry or frustrated when you have contact with this guy?

Then there is this
The second would involve inner aspects, a lack of inner masculine qualities {animus aspects} that leave you vulnerable to your emotions {are you the emotional type?}
Instead of a lack of masculine qualities there may be an imbalance of these qualities where that would fit with the above {a response of anger/frustration, etc}.

You cam perceive yourself as having strong masculine qualities and may possess such qualities in most situations. But that may different in your response to this guy {outer aspects} and is in conflict with balancing the two qualities {masculine/feminine} as an inner conflict that needs to be resolved. The seminar may have suggested masculine personality traits scare men away but so wold strong emotional qualities {feminine aspects}. The question would need to be answered is, do you respond emotionally when around this guy? That would address the outer aspect of the dream {remember the dream will address both outer waking life aspects as well as the unconscious inner life motivators}.

The inner aspect that is in conflict would involve an imbalance or lack of masculine qualities that are a part of your foundations of personality {building blocks of your life}. A weak or out of balance animus {normal except in certain circumstances} that leaves you vulnerable to your emotions. This would go to the color of your psychology and probably would involve an in dept examination of your life to determine what it is that needs to be resolved {going back to childhood/early life to determine their origins}. If this is the case then you probably need to contact a therapist> I can only determine so much with what little information I have about your personal life. Your dreams will outline who you are {the real you} and those issues that keep you from being that person but getting to the exact causes/issues can only be determined with in-dept knowledge of your life.

Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute

FREE SERVICE

Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Visit My Site

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Yes, I 'd say that I reacted emotionally to this guy. He knew that he pressed my buttons. I guess I wish I could go back in time and totally ignore him. I ignored him most of the time, but not all of the time.

My childhood emotions were repressed because I wasn't allowed to express them. It's not something I like to think about.

I just had to comment on this twist of a dream I had last night. I probably should mention that I told this guy a long time ago that he should put a muzzle on his mouth. It'll state the obvious that I think he owes me an apology, but I never think that he's sorry or nice enough to do so.

My dream:

I was in his house, but it was a little too fancy to be his house. In the main area was a tub. A female family member was in the tub, and I joined her to cleanse. She said something to me, but I don't remember what. Then, I saw him standing around the corner seeing us talk, and I quickly looked away. His family members said that their dog talked to them and told all of them that he should apologize to me. They thought that was special for their dog to talk so he wanted to apologize. When I looked back at him, he had a big, warm smile on his face.

I just wanted to clarify that the female family member was his when I wrote a female family member was in the tub.

In case it is significant, I also forgot to write that the female relative of his stepped out of the tub when I got in it. Then she said something to me.

Anonymous,
The worst thing you can do is to repress these emotions. They are energies that unconsciously control your conscious life. It is easier to not to think about them but that only allows the issues to fester and grow. At 30 they already have a grip on you. If not resolved by the age of 45 the worst case scenario is they can drive you to the nut house. Most people life with similar issues and their lives are empty, full of emotional pain. I was there at one time. I know what the unconscious motivators are and most come from childhood. They have to be acknowledged and resolved or 'inner' life will be a continuous hell {there will some good times consciously but on the inside there is constant conflict}. The guy in your dream that wants you dead is these unconscious motivators that were imprinted on your psyche as a child. You have to find ways to wipe that slate clean. It is a psychological issue.

As for this guy wanting to put a muzzle on your mouth. That is probably true but the deeper issue is putting a muzzle on these inner issues. The dream is about this guy but this guy is also symbolically you {your masculine self as I have pointed to}. Your statement you don't want to think about your childhood confirm this. You are muzzling yourself.

As for the dream you last posted. The guy is you. The 'she' is you also {it is a norm to look at all the people in a dream as aspects of yourself}. You need an emotional cleansing. The dream is dealing with both the issue of the real man you want an apology from as well as these inner issues.

Note: All dreams do this {I have 3500+ posted dreams, plus several thousand responses at this Dream Forum that illustrates this}, all dreams/all dream symbols have at least two meanings/applications.

But there is a need for a self apology also, an apology for holding these issues in. You have an emotional conflict with this man. But you also have an emotional conflict with yourself. Two applications to the one symbol.

The dog is you also, the loyal, trustworthy aspect that wants to please its human master. It is incapable of being dishonest so what it {dog} represents is doing what is right in accord with making life acceptable to you the dreamer. And that involves resolving the emotional conflicts. Dogs don't want conflicts with their human masters, they only want love and acceptance {as do you}. To achieve this, resolving the unconscious conflicts {the 'looking back' is in the back of the mind} is what will put a smile on his/your face. A simple dream once you understand the symbolic value of the images as well as the internal conflicts of the dreamer.

I believe we have a good understanding of this dream. The title itself tells you what is occurring within you as well as in your waking life. Both these issues are 'killing you' {symbolically}. Do you let them get away with it or di you make changes in your life to resolve the issues? Repressing the inner issues will only allow it to live within you as long as it wants. The issue with the man is partly due to the inner issues but requires a change/move that gets you away from him and the emotional conflict he causes. It is up to you now that you know what the issues are.
Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute

FREE SERVICE

Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Visit My Site

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Thank you very much, Jerry.

I was just curious if a dream could ever be about someone else instead or our self? For example, sometimes people have dreams of a loved one who died. So, they wonder if a message in a dream is coming from that person. But, is it really coming from self instead of the person who died? Also, I asked for a dream to see how a particular guy saw me. But, I guess the dream was about my feelings/thoughts instead of his.

Anonymous,
Your dreams are about you and your emotions, not someone else's. Dreams do not connect with the dead. If you dream of a loved one who has died the contact is from your unconscious and not from them in the 'after world'. A wife or husband in a dream would be a bout that relationship but in direct reference to your emotions. A named person in a dream is in relationship to your emotional self. A person you know who is not a relative or very close who usually have qualities you identify with {this includes celebrities and famous people}. An unnamed person is usually addressing aspects within your psyche and although it could be related to a real person it is because there is something about that person you have associations with. Any of the above could be as described but at the same time represent aspects of your psyche. For instance if you dream about your mother the dream would likely be focusing on that relationship. But it could also, at the same time, be directed at you being a mother. One is usually the primary focus of a dream and the other a secondary reference that would also apply {but would/may not be a major emotional conflict}. These are standard applications I use in dream analysis and I have found them to be true {although there are exceptions to any rule}. Dreams compensate what we already know {albeit unconscious} and rarely predicts anything. If it does predict it is usually because we already have enough info stored within the unconscious to know this is the likely thing that will happen.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present