Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alligators

Hi,

During the dream I saw a river flowing and kids were swimming in the river and I saw alligators sleeping in the water, I was able to see alligators because water was crystalline and at the side of the river were alligators sleeping also. None of this alligators tried to harm any one.

Later, I was sleeping with my family in a room, when I stand up I saw 2 alligators sleeping there too with us in the room. I took my child and put in bed with us to wait until alligators woke up. I tried to block their path but they manage to walk around the chairs I put and start walking outside towards the river. The first one which was the smaller, went out and during his way out he saw a sheep and just grabbed it with his mouth and then after a few steps he put it down and kept walking towards the water. The big alligator woke up and it stood up on his back legs like he was looking me. Then he started to yawn and started walking towards the door and just looked back and kept walking looking at me and my family. He went out and got into the river again. And I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 & CR

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Alligators

Orev,
The dream may be addressing unconscious fears of possible trouble that have either have yet to materialize or past experiences stored within your unconscious {alligators sleep in the water}. The flowing river may suggest continuing emotional issues. A possibility the fears stem from your own childhood you are afraid may occur with your children {two alligators}. The smaller alligator would a lesser fear and the large male alligator a larger one. Both did no harm which may suggest the fears have not yet become the problem you expect. Or it could even point to being unrealistic {if not totally then perhaps in a way that usually would be unexpected to happen}. The smaller alligator picking up the sheep my suggest something is leading you to think this way. The larger alligator may be a bigger issue or fear and although it has done nothing to harm you it is something you need to pay attention to. Consciously it may not seem a threat but unconsciously your intuitive self feels different.

A question about the children at the beginning of the dream. Did those children seem to be your children or children in the present? Or was the impression or feeling is it was during your childhood? If the later is the case the dream may be pointing to childhood experiences that are \'sleeping\' {in your adulthood}. The child that you put into bed would be your \'inner child\' and you may have pushed certain experiences from childhood into your unconscious {waiting to be awakened}. The sheep the smaller alligator grabbed by the mouth {ability of expression} but dropped after a few steps may again suggest something that is perceived as a danger that is within your unconscious {walking towards the water/water symbolizing the unconscious}. The dormant larger issue {larger alligator} awakens and the unconscious control it possesses is starring at you {it is a threat}. Threat would be to you and your family which may suggest either something that would affect your family because of the inner conflict you possess or/and something or someone who is an actual threat to your family. The family here would represent your \'inner\' family or/and your real family.

Both possibilities have associations with each other and both could fit. All dreams have at least two meanings/applications and the dream could be pointing to your own childhood experiences as well as fears for your children. Is there something recent that occurred, or a particular person that would fit the alligators? On the other hand they could represent parts of you, the fears I mentioned. Let me know what you take from my analysis and perhaps from a little more knowledge I can provide more insights to the dream.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present