Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Residual Somatic Energy after Vivid Dreams

Mala,
I am not a psychologist nor an expert in any related field. I am an 'intuitive' Jungian and my 'expertise' is in analyzing and interpreting dreams using Jung's concepts and theories {as well as my own experience from working with dreams}. I am self educated in Jungian psyche {I have no real interest in academia} and use my intuitive senses along with my education to analyze dreams. This Dream Forum is my body of work and in it there is evidence not only of my skills but of what Jung proposed as being true. I differ from Jung on some aspects {I have more of a Freudian take when it comes to childhood influences being the major determiner of unconscious motivations} but generally use his concepts {successfully I might add} in my analyzing and interpretations.

Having said that to give you some perspective on how I approach dreams I can say this from reading the dream you posted. Normal dreams pretty much follow predictable patterns {laid out by Jung}. Abnormal dreams may not. Different things can alter the normalcy of dreams including drugs. I read what you stated about your dreams but for me the dream you posted said more about your abnormal dreams. The big difference being in normal dreams a person wakes up before they 'crash' or die. To experience an actual death in a dream is very much different and very unusual. Death in a normal dream is purely symbolic and thus a real death would not occur in the dream. Your dream experiences are entirely different. Even those who have PTSD have nightmares but most do not include the graphic death experiences you have. I can only surmise there is something very different about your psyche . The PTSD of course would be relevant. Why you have these type dreams I can not answer. I will attempt to make some sense of them using what I know about the psyche and dreams and how they function as therapeutic tools provided by nature {much like the immune system of the body, dreams attempt to help heal emotional conflicts}. I will analyze the dream as I would any other dream posted.

Your dream up until the death part pretty much describes a life of someone who is experiencing a difficult emotional life {normality for most people to some degree}. You are attempting to get off the ground that is your difficult life {the PTSD part of your life}. Like any other person with a difficult emotional life there are periods of melancholy if not depression dotted with good times {instead of the other way around}. This would be the desert landscape {your landscape} dominated by brown and dotted with the occasional green of scrub plants. The opening statement of a dream usually sets the tone for what the dream is attempting to communicate. Your potential {horizon} is bleak except for the mesa in the distance. A mesa is a challenge in it is an isolated flat-topped hill with steep sides. This statement says to me despite your best efforts your life even in good times is a challenge emotionally.

The plane is you and what you see are emotional 'thunderstorms' in your life. But not so severe to strangle your life completely. It causes your life to be grey and dark {melancholy/depression}. But the worse is the red color which is the color of blood, the symbol of life and life energies. It can symbolize passion, anger, sexuality, revolution, danger or a 'symbolic' death {in normal dreams}. Death in normal dreams represents an end to something which leads to the beginning of something new {death and rebirth/resurrection}.

The pilot is also you. The ground is the ground of your being {this often represents the fundamental principles of the person's life}. There is a 'steep' upward ascent from your grounding {psychological as well as physical}. The updraft forming on top suggest an aspect to do with thinking or the mind. This causes even a more difficult ascent from the norm, so much so you fall backwards {regression to a more difficult state}. No matter the efforts there is an impending crash.

The next paragraph offers possible hope. Getting clear of the airplane, that thing that is taking you away from your natural ground {self}. But there is no way to get outside {the outside is usually symbolic of the conscious ego self}. Even grabbing hold of the headrest {head, the physical mental aspect?} doesn't help. Whatever it is that is taking you from your normalcy/ground is not consciously known. In a normal dream this would be a statement of what the problem is {and needs to be realized and acknowledged} and not an actual statement that it is impossible to do. But in normal dreams the dreamer doesn't die or is killed.

Everything hits everything, the many ways you are being ripped apart. This suggests there are more than just one conflict that is taking place, more than one reason for your condition. Dreams deal with the psychology. Beyond the psychology is the physical body and the metaphysical self {which can not be seen}. Something hits your head causing your problems, a psychological condition. The skull caves in. The skull may symbolize psychological mysteries but it also is the physical protector of the brain {psychological mind}.

If I were analyzing this dream {as I have done} I would think it is saying there is a physical condition that is affecting your psychology. But there is also a mystery beyond that. Of course we know that many psyche problems are caused by a chemical imbalance, there is something messed up within the normal chemistry of the body. I dare say this is true for you but to a greater degree that is a mystery. But a mystery remains such as long as it is not known what it is. I take this as a statement you have yet to find the source for your condition. This would reflect your true self/life at the time you had the dream {what dreams do}. It brings us no closer to what the mystery is but it does define a part of the problem {at least for me}. A physical condition beyond just the psychological {to include the psychological}. PTSD is a psychological condition?

I will leave it at that and let you comment on what I have posted. As I stated previously my expertise is in analyzing/interpreting dreams. Your dream defines your life {and seems to fit} but again there are other aspects that are unanswered. This is not unusual since even the best interpretation can only provide insights, a periphery, and not detailed information to what a dream is attempting to communicate. Let me know your thoughts and we can go from there.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present