Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Outer House Construction Dream

Agsunshine,

The co-worker is someone you have associations with. Those associations would fit in some capacity with who you are and your life. My sense it has to do with the fact she is working and also in school/classroom {which psychologically fits you}. She represents you in that you are working to learn more about psychological issues {your dreams}. The school is a place for learning and both you and her are in a position {chairs} of working and learning. It is a positive aspect for you {psychologically and perhaps personally} since the co-worker is a friend. The psyche issue the dream is focusing could involve childhood experiences/influences {your sister later in the dream may have associations to this aspect} but I think the focus is on resolving current personality issues {yours}. Those issues of course would have their foundations in childhood. Just remembering the chairs may point to unconscious contents not realized, those early life experiences/influences causing the 'position' you are living now {personality traits/issues}. This first paragraph sets the stage for what the dream's is trying to communicate and the primary 'emotional' issue that is in conflict.

The dream changes to center its focus on the primary issue.
Being in your sister's car would be in a position your sister possesses {similar or desired position}. The other people are the other aspects of your psyche {a common phrase in many dreams}. You are park in a position where you are shopping {mall} for newer things {shopping for improvements}. Most of yourself is not associated with these sister qualities but one aspect is about associations with her {everyone but you gets out of the/her car}. These are issues that are unconsciously driven{night} but consciously it is something you are working on. It is taking a long time to achieve this desired position for yourself so you take/use your sister's car {traits/associations} instead. You find positive aspects when you do this {day and sun shining bright}. Her position {what ever the associations with her} is a 'position' you identify with {parking her car in your driveway}. Inside the house is your inner self {unconscious/true self}. Outside the house is your conscious/ego self. Your conscious self is under construction. The task involves removing those aspects your sister represents and redoing your conscious outer self to match the inner self {making your outer self compatible with who you want to be}. You are unconsciously working on inner issues that are consciously a part of your outer ego self. That requires moving aspects related to your sister which is 'surprising' since you do identify with those qualities about her.

Summary
There are unconscious issues you need to recognize that involve aspects with your sister, a position she possesses or is in you identify with as your own {or a desire for it}. This is a work in progress and a learning experience that will be helpful once it is fully recognized. It most likely involves something to do with either/and qualities she possesses or influences she has on you {as far back as childhood} that began in childhood and continue to motivate you as an adult. Are you consciously reshaping yourself in her mold? Your outer ego self may comfortable with doing that but you have to be your own self {inner self/true self} instead of trying to be her in every aspect. That would involve a need to take her positive qualities but be yourself in other ways {moving her car from your driveway}.

It is hard for me to state exactly what these issues are involving your sister. Analyzing dreams can provide a periphery view of what the dream is trying to communicate but the exact experience can only be known by the dreamer. Look at the associations with your sister {again, something that may have begun in childhood like 'looking up to her as a role model} that continue to the present. Something positive you identify with and perhaps wish to possess. It could be qualities she possesses and/or a position she is in. You may need to take those influences she possesses and make them your own. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps I will be able to learn more from your response about the dream message.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank U Jerry for taking out the time to analyze my dream.

Looking back through my childhood teenage years & young adulthood my sister has always been welled liked. Popular. People always like her more than myself. My mom always tells this story about when her my sister & I went to a store & my sister had just started kindergarten & everyone was coming up saying hi to her but no one said hi to me & I screamed to the top of my lungs "nobody likes me!!!" ......I remember when I was younger & grownups would see me say hi but then immediately ask where is my sister kind as if she was the more important one. I always felt like she was the prettiest she is the skinniest she has long hair & a pretty smile & personality. People just liked her more. Even guys liked her more as we got older. If it was me & her in a room they wouldn't even notice me they would ignore me & just talk to my sister. If I guy saw me out he would only inquire about my sister. My sister & I are just 2 years apart she is my best friend I love her & she always tries to make me feel good about myself. She always tries to introduce me to people. She is a very nice kind & generous person. I happy that she is my sister. I was telling my parents the other day that I could do w/o some people in life but my sister Is not one of them.

My sister is the type of girl that could care less about relationships (w/ guys) she will kick them to the curve in the minute & really she would rather not have a relationship. She is not a girl that would chase a guy but guys chase her. She is hard core when it comes to men. Right now she is engaged to a really good guy. He is a rare kind of guy. He does much for her. They have been together for over 4 years & he really wants to get married but she doesn't want to right now. I have no idea y but she won't get married right now. This man has been patiently waiting & she is in no hurry. She does feel threatened that he will leave & move on she just says when she is ready she will. It's been a dream of mine to b married & have a family but my sister never wanted it but she has it. She tells me that I don't listen to her that I need to follow her "rules" when it comes to guys but I don't have time to tell her everything that is going on all the time & she has her own busy life. Over the years she has become hard core even w/ other people & I have told her that she is changing & she tells me that she had to change b/c people run over u.

When it comes to guys I have always been soft hearted & really nice & willing to make things work but here recently I have taken on a hardcore role b/c I feel like it helps me to protect myself. I don't feel like I have commanded the respect that I deserve. So I have considered changing. I have major trust issues and as a result it does seriously effect my relationships I do acknowledge these faults of mine & I am trying my best to work on them but it's hard when u don't know if the person that u r w/ is worth trusting.

Back then I was shy & no confident at all. Now that I am older I have become a people person & I am friendly & outgoing but not as confident as I would like to b. I want to work on my spiritual life & psychological life. I want a more enriched life I want to live w/ no regrets & come out of my shell & b a amazing person that people love & enjoy.

Thanks again Jerry for helping me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Agsunshine,
WOW!!!! I've had people make that comment after reading my analysis of their dream but this is the first time I have had that reaction. Its because the dream {as analyzed} fits perfect with the narrative you posted in your response. It confirmed my thoughts while analyzing your dream that you either looked up to your sister for what she had in life {including personality} and/or felt left out or inferior {position} because of what she possessed. I usually refrain from giving a direct meaning of a symbol of an image or possible real life relationship because I do not know all the facts. In this case it fits perfectly with the desired 'position' your sister possesses and you wish you had. The dream statement, "Being in your sister's car would be in a position your sister position" is the desired position you have wished for yourself all your life. It is looks to be a direct comment of your life which is not usual for dreams {in symbolic language of course}. Everything you stated in your response about the relationship with your sister and what she possesses {and you don't} fits with the dream. To be in her position would make all your days, 'where the sun shines bright'.

But let's go back to the beginning of the dream where I saw the school as an association you have with your co-worker. This person is a friend son not only would that fit the co-worker but also fit with the co-worker being an aspect of you {she/he is you}.

Also I got the childhood experiences from the 'children's desk' language in the dream. It has been my experience that whenever the opening statement has language about a child or children the dream is commenting on some aspect of the dreamer's childhood. This is the reason I made the comment about 'foundations in childhood' since early life experiences/influences are the foundations for personality and actions in later life. Usually it is a parent or parenting a dream is commenting on but in your case it is your sister who is the experience and influence.
By the way. Is the co-worker a male or female?

Either way a friend would suggest something positive. The dream opens with you sitting with the co-worker which could point t something even more in common than just the school experience. There is something you don't remember which would suggest something within your unconscious not yet realized, known or understood. The chairs become more important {again the opening of a dream usually points to the primary message of a dream} since the chairs are the type you find in a classroom. The classroom could be symbolic of indicates that a significant event or occurrence that will have a huge influence on your future decisions. My original impression after reading just this first paragraph {and before treading the rest of the dream} was there was a learning experience in this dream. In that light this dream may be a significant event that could have a huge influence on your future life. The dream is a learning experience to do with something in your unconscious and/or a 'predictor\' of something positive coming from the dream. What other associations are there you may share with the co-worker? Is there any associations from childhood you share with your co-worker? You state in your response your sister has a wonderful boyfriend who wants to marry her and that is something you wish you could have {marriage and family}. If there are other associations please post them. They may be important.

Also, as a possible predictor, or a compensation {dreams don't usually predict, they compensate what you already know}, is there something new you are planning in your life that would be a positive step? I get the sense there is something more than just on an unconscious level from this opening statement {I often go with sensory feelings in dreams}. Can you comment on that if it applies?

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

The coworker is a female. She got married a few years ago to a wonderful man that reminds me of my sisters fiancé. I always wondered y he chose her b/c she had some ways that i myself considered not relationship material like. & to me he had a lot going for himself. He would do anything for her. He was so sweet but she mistreat him. She took advantage of him & cheated on him. I always wondered y she would do that b/c good genuine hard working honest men are hard to run into. I was so disappointed in her. She ruined a good thing. She wasn't ready for this relationship at all.

Also we work for the same company. She is working & going to school. I wish I was able to go to school but I just can't afford it right now. I actually just got promoted on my job & I am in a major learning process where I get the opportunity to train in everyone's job in the company ( this is major) I feel very grateful to have this opportunity. She is always asking me about job openings b/c she wishes to move up in the company but she has a problem w/ being stable. Just staying in one place & learning & growing & creating a positive name for yourself.

Right now I am working on my spiritual & psychological life. I want to go into the ministry but I would also like to go back to school to become a doctor of psychology. I am also working on advancing my career at work. The first step is learning how to perform everyone's job in the company.

Right now these are the only things I can think off or that come to mind...

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Agsunshine,
I'll comment in more detail either later today or in the morning {Friday}. You provided some useful information. I do want to comment on a couple of things you posted. And because on comment as you are working on your spiritual and psychological life I want to look again at the dream and see what comments the dream may have on those topics.

Spirituality and psychological. That is what dreams are all about. Addressing the psychology of the dreamer and by pushing for resolution of the inner conflicts it leads to a 'higher understanding' of oneself and the whole outer world/universe. When properly implemented this will lead to the spiritual aspect of the psyche. God and hopefully an even greater enlightenment beyond the mere religious concepts. The primary intent of the dream is to find 'god' within yourself and identifying with that and living from it. I've studied the religions of the world {22 years} but it is the 'higher understanding' of the inner world that provides true spiritual nourishment and growth. The inner world is a natural world and the laws of nature are what rule. In living life, including a spiritual life, I tend to live life according to the laws of cause and affect, Karma. It is an Eastern philosophy that fits naturally with the psyche as well as the natural world. It is also a part of Jungian psyche and if you are wanting to explore psychologically then Jung is the route to take. I did and life has opened up to where I do have balance and harmony {despite the sorrows of life which is something we will all experience no matter how good life is}.

What avenues are you exploring spiritually? I have several pages on the subject {related to Jungian psyche} and I will offer them to you after I know the path you have chosen to explore. Are they the traditional religion or more advance metaphysical concepts including Eastern concepts, heretic Christian philosophies and/or natural religions related to earth spirituality such as Wicca/Pagan spirituality {Wicca and pagan spiritualist are not evil as many think of them}.

Jerry

Okay! Thank U so much Jerry, I really appreciate U!

The avenues that I am hoping to explore spiritually are based on traditional religion (Christianity) non denominational. however I want to focus more on learning who God as well as focusing on a personal relationship w/ him rather than a "religion". I believe it is important to study other religions as well. I believe this & I will do this however for my personal life I choose traditional religion (Christianity). I would like to read what u have on Jungian psyche. I am very interested to learn. I have not read or studied this before. So please send them to me!

Spiritually I am looking to be stable within. I want to be balanced. I also want to love myself more. I want to find myself. I don't really even know what it i in this world I truly love. My passion, I haven't found it yet. I want to know what my purpose is. It is a dream of mine to b married but I don't think this will happen until I have resolved the above. I am also looking for healing in my emotional, physical, mental self.

Thank U again for taking another look at my dream.

Agsunshine,

Your response about your co-worker shows another assocations to the actual person which would also be a symbolic representation for what you desire for yourself.
She got married a few years ago to a wonderful man that reminds me of my sisters fiancé
But there is a conflict here. "She had some ways that i myself considered not relationship material like". Although the traits she possesses may not fit you the fact you feel you have aspects about yourself compared to your sister that causes an inferior trait within you. I do believe this is a primary issue the dream is attempting to communicate. The early childhood impressions/experiences of being less than your sister, along with her better fortunes in life in many aspects, have manifest themselve into an emotional complex. This may be something you need to work with and resolve, finding within yourself greater value for who you are. This complex may also leave you vulnerable and because you are searching for a spiritual identity it is important to choose the right path and not be led astray. This gets into the spiritual concepts we have discussed. I will elaborate more on those after I provide links to Jungian psyche which has a spiritual concept as part of the theory of the human condition, to go with the Shadow, the anima/animus and the Self {which is the higher spiritual identity within each of us}. You can read about these concepts by clicking on the links {in red} provided.

To get an idea of what Jungian dream psyche and psychology is about I direct you to my page A Simple Guide to Dreams. Along with the links I provided above the website where they are found is The Power of Dreams. This is a condensed version of my older website {on line since 1998} Myths-Dreams-Symbols. That site has more than 500 pages of relevant content on Jungian psyche and goes into greater depth. The Power of Dreams website is where you need to start if you are interested in learning about the psychology of dreams.

As for your spiritual search. I don't want to discourage your desire to explore the traditional Christian faith but I will direct you to aspects about the religion few people know about. They are the Gnostic Gospels, and contain facts about Jesus and Christianity few Christians are aware of {the church would not wish for them to know}. For me these manuscripts provide a true picture of the real Jesus that is very different from the one depicted in the bible. They are what are termed by traditional Christianity as 'heretic' versions of Jesus but what they are come from original manuscripts dug up in 1946 that had been buried for nearly two thousand years. They have not be touched by modern man which means they have not been altered. What they represent was rejected by the Roman Emperor Constantine the Great (reigned 306–337) who ruled Rome and became a Christian. Through his rule Christianity began to become the dominant religion of the Roman Empire. The chapters we see in the bible were chosen at his command and the Gnostic Gospels were rejected because they were deemed unsuitable and did not fit with his theology. The one basic difference that stands out is the Gnostics {a heretic Christian sect around the time of Jesus} believe one must look within them self to find God and not look outside as taught by the Christian church. This fits very much with Jungian psychology which directs us to look inward for the 'demons'in our lives and not to something outside us that is not real. Jung was greatly influenced by Gnosticism and Buddhism {both have pretty much the same message, look inward}. Read the pages in the link I provided above as well as the one below. You don't have to forgo your search of traditional Christianity. But these rejected concepts of Christianity will provide you with insights that can enlighten you beyond anyone or anything you learn in the traditional sense.

I grew up in the Christian faith but now consider myself a recovering Southern Baptist/Church of Christ {I attended both denominations up until my late teens}.

Here are a few pages you should look at. They are from Elaine Pagels an authority on Gnosticism and Christianity. The Lost Teachings of Jesus

Another page is from PBS Frontline, an investigation of the Gnostic Gospels in historical context to Christian theology. From Jesus to Christ

By the way. The websites/pages I listed I designed myself. It was only after I discovered Jungian psyche I was able to realize my hidden creative abilities and my intuitive ability to analyze and interpret dreams. I looked inward and found my true self. This verified the Jungian proverb:
"He who looks outward dreams. He who looks inward, awakens."

Jerry

Thank U so much! Yes I agree w/ u completely. I have much work to do internally. I appreciate u so much for all the literature u have given me to read & study. I will be working on this this weekend. Thank U for helping me through my journey!!!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present