Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Old Man & Dark Figure

Nicola,
I will provide an analysis to each paragraph and then a summary at the end.

The dimly lit store room would be unconscious contents that are not consciously visible/know/recognized. The boxes would represent different aspects of yourself that are stored within your psyche. Mirrors reflect those aspects, the true aspects and not always what the conscious ego perceives or recognizes. When you open up to these inner reflections the true self is revealed. But barriers {wall} to these inner aspects must be removed. The small opening may suggest you have had a realization of what they are, a recent experience that stimulated these energies to be thought of consciously. When you open up to the whole true self you find an inner 'temple/cathedral' which may denote your higher Self. This may point to spiritual aspects or it could refer to achieving wholeness which would include a strong spiritual identity {beyond religion}. The domed ceiling may be limitations to this higher identity, denoting the ego self is stained but with a strong support system {concrete pillars} that has allowed you to overcome the conflicts in life {black and white floors-the opposites/opposite conflicts in the foundations in your life}.

The old man would be an animus figure, an inner wisdom that relates to masculine qualities {ability to persevere perhaps} and could also represent a wise person in your conscious life. The hat/headdress may represent the role your masculine self plays in your life, and perhaps masculine associations in your waking life.
Note: All dreams have at least two interpretations/applications. It is not unusual for a dream to point to inner aspects as well as outer experiences. Both would be related but one would point to inner qualities while the other would point to conscious associations/influences.

The purple robe could symbolize deep intuition or awareness of some type as yet unexplored dimension of the self that is a controlling aspect of your unconscious {putting together the wisdom aspect along with the hat/headdress as unconscious aspects that motivate your personality}. Dark figures are usually unconscious aspects that either are now recognized/known/realized or/and aspects which would reflect repressed emotional issues. My sense the dream is pointing to both positive unconscious aspects you possess as well as conscious negative experiences that involved 'masculine' energies {not necessarily a particular male but masculine influences}. Both possess positive characteristics but the contrast of good and evil is relevant to your life. It is a natural aspect that reflects both inner qualities as well as outer experiences {I elaborate more about this in my summary}.

You probably tend to look to masculine relationships for answers in your conscious life. This probably fits in with personality traits or influences on your psyche that are reflected in your personality. Again the answer is in the dark figure. That would be the unexplored dimensions of the unconscious as well as possible experiences in your conscious life. One is in contract/opposition to the other {inner vs outer}. Pointing to the dark figure would be pointing to unconscious aspects {positive qualities that have yet to be explored as well as negative experiences that tend to dominate your conscious life}. There is closeness to each of these aspects but no so close you fully realize or understand its impact/influence. These masculine aspects are the primary motivators in your life and although they may have sustained you up to this point in your life you are no longer progressing in your personal growth. You may have outgrown the outer influences and are now ready to explore the inner.

Summary
My sense is there are very strong masculine qualities as well as influences in your life. I want to say you have strong masculine qualities but I temper that because it could be the conscious masculine influences that tend to guide you instead of inner masculine personality traits you possess. Either way they have to do 'higher' aspects within your psyche and could be pointing to spiritual aspects. Is religion or particular spiritual concepts an important aspect in your waking life? Which ever it is it would have strong masculine associations {which would likely point to religion}. I see a conflict with the outer conscious experiences that are in conflict with inner aspects. Could it be you have followed a spiritual path that had strong masculine associations and these no longer sustain you? The dream seems to be pointing to inner qualities of strength that need to be utilized so you can continue a path to personal and spiritual growth. Is there actual males in your waking life that have influence over you {which could involve masculine spiritual concepts as well}? These may have run their course and now you need more to nourish your true self. I do sense you possess an inner awareness that may have been repressed because of outer influences. Are you at a point in your life where you need more than what has been given in your search for personal wholeness and happiness?

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Old Man & Dark Figure

Jerry Gifford-Host & WebMaster
Nicola,
I will provide an analysis to each paragraph and then a summary at the end.

The dimly lit store room would be unconscious contents that are not consciously visible/know/recognized. The boxes would represent different aspects of yourself that are stored within your psyche. Mirrors reflect those aspects, the true aspects and not always what the conscious ego perceives or recognizes. When you open up to these inner reflections the true self is revealed. But barriers {wall} to these inner aspects must be removed. The small opening may suggest you have had a realization of what they are, a recent experience that stimulated these energies to be thought of consciously. When you open up to the whole true self you find an inner \\\'temple/cathedral\\\' which may denote your higher Self. This may point to spiritual aspects or it could refer to achieving wholeness which would include a strong spiritual identity {beyond religion}. The domed ceiling may be limitations to this higher identity, denoting the ego self is stained but with a strong support system {concrete pillars} that has allowed you to overcome the conflicts in life {black and white floors-the opposites/opposite conflicts in the foundations in your life}.

The old man would be an animus figure, an inner wisdom that relates to masculine qualities {ability to persevere perhaps} and could also represent a wise person in your conscious life. The hat/headdress may represent the role your masculine self plays in your life, and perhaps masculine associations in your waking life.
Note: All dreams have at least two interpretations/applications. It is not unusual for a dream to point to inner aspects as well as outer experiences. Both would be related but one would point to inner qualities while the other would point to conscious associations/influences.

The purple robe could symbolize deep intuition or awareness of some type as yet unexplored dimension of the self that is a controlling aspect of your unconscious {putting together the wisdom aspect along with the hat/headdress as unconscious aspects that motivate your personality}. Dark figures are usually unconscious aspects that either are now recognized/known/realized or/and aspects which would reflect repressed emotional issues. My sense the dream is pointing to both positive unconscious aspects you possess as well as conscious negative experiences that involved \\\'masculine\\\' energies {not necessarily a particular male but masculine influences}. Both possess positive characteristics but the contrast of good and evil is relevant to your life. It is a natural aspect that reflects both inner qualities as well as outer experiences {I elaborate more about this in my summary}.

You probably tend to look to masculine relationships for answers in your conscious life. This probably fits in with personality traits or influences on your psyche that are reflected in your personality. Again the answer is in the dark figure. That would be the unexplored dimensions of the unconscious as well as possible experiences in your conscious life. One is in contract/opposition to the other {inner vs outer}. Pointing to the dark figure would be pointing to unconscious aspects {positive qualities that have yet to be explored as well as negative experiences that tend to dominate your conscious life}. There is closeness to each of these aspects but no so close you fully realize or understand its impact/influence. These masculine aspects are the primary motivators in your life and although they may have sustained you up to this point in your life you are no longer progressing in your personal growth. You may have outgrown the outer influences and are now ready to explore the inner.

Summary
My sense is there are very strong masculine qualities as well as influences in your life. I want to say you have strong masculine qualities but I temper that because it could be the conscious masculine influences that tend to guide you instead of inner masculine personality traits you possess. Either way they have to do \\\'higher\\\' aspects within your psyche and could be pointing to spiritual aspects. Is religion or particular spiritual concepts an important aspect in your waking life? Which ever it is it would have strong masculine associations {which would likely point to religion}. I see a conflict with the outer conscious experiences that are in conflict with inner aspects. Could it be you have followed a spiritual path that had strong masculine associations and these no longer sustain you? The dream seems to be pointing to inner qualities of strength that need to be utilized so you can continue a path to personal and spiritual growth. Is there actual males in your waking life that have influence over you {which could involve masculine spiritual concepts as well}? These may have run their course and now you need more to nourish your true self. I do sense you possess an inner awareness that may have been repressed because of outer influences. Are you at a point in your life where you need more than what has been given in your search for personal wholeness and happiness?

Jerry

Thank you Jerry

Almost everything that you suggested could well be applicable to my situation at the moment.

A series of events that occurred several years ago triggered a psychological experience, which then led to revelations about unknown aspects of my psyche.
A huge part of these were related to animus projections. I realized that past events were not only having a strong influence on my perceptions of men and my relationships with them, but also that I was unconsciously influencing their behavior towards me.
I have been working hard, ever since, on taking back my negative projections and feel I have achieved this to an extent, but there's still a significant influence affecting many aspects of my life.

Recently, my progress has become slow. I've felt rather stuck and despite a lot of 'digging' and more revelations, I've not been able to find the thing that's been holding me back. My thoughts, dreams, meditations and outer experiences, along with snippets of memory have been indicating the possibility of repressed childhood trauma, related to male influences. It seems unrealistic to me (which I guess it would do), but I can't deny the strong indications I've been receiving.

Also, I've recently become aware that I've been searching for a 'wise man' outside of myself. It's a quality that I'm struggling to accept as a part of me, even though I know it's likely a projection.
My perceptions of men around me have been changing again and I'm beginning to feel like they have little potential to help me with my personal growth. I hate how arrogant that sounds but I think it important to be up front about this.

I've never been religious or close to people who are religious so I'm not aware of any influence in that aspect. I've become more spiritual over the last several years as a direct result of my own experiences, I have no influences there either.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 years old, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present