Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Random religious-ish dream.

Jasmine,
What is it that doesn't feel right in your 'inner' self? Are there any experiences as a little girl that you wish to cover up so not to have to acknowledge the experiences? What was/is your relationship with Ken? Was he a part of your life when you were a little girl? Are there similar experiences both and your younger sister shared as children? Is there something you do not want to tell anyone about? The language about heaven and hell may be addressing the inner sanctums {not a literal heaven or hell}, your inner life. The different life could be addressing the conscious life you live and the unconscious life you do not wish to live over again {covering up certain emotions}.

As for thinking about your faith in the dream and the panic you feel. That could be addressing questions about faith and whether it will help with any emotional conflicts you are covering up {the answer is not really}. The heaven and hell is real in your inner self {good things in conscious life, bad things in your unconscious}. The vision in the dream would be an unconscious vision of your true self. Consciously your faith may sustain you but when it comes to your psychology {inner self} there is guilt {a desire to be in heaven but the guilt causes you to look below}. There may be questions of self worth, not only to do with your perceived sin of having sex {against your faith} but possibly from childhood experiences as well. The doom would be from the inner conflicts and if there are childhood issues the primary doom you feel would be from those experiences {having sex would be a later life conflict of faith}. The early life experiences would only exacerbate the emotional conflicts in later life {a crisis of faith}.

The man with the deep dark voice is someone/some thing that causes you to hide your emotions. It could point to a real person or, being a person of deep faith it could be your concept of God. You feel obligated to do something good faith wise but psychologically the issues go beyond faith. There may be a fear God will abandon you. On the issue of having sex but more so to d with any childhood issues {if there are any}.

A beach is the border between land and water, conscious and unconscious {water is a common symbol for the unconscious}. The love that makes life better is not only a love the world needs but the inner love you need for inner healing. Going into the ocean is entering the unconscious. Seeing your mother probably has associations to your real mother. Swimming in the waves but being pushed back to shore would represent bringing unconscious aspects to consciousness but being unable to do so {pushed back}. There is security in being with your Mom {this may be a literal truth}. If the unconscious contents comes out {to consciousness} there would be tears for awhile but then they would stop {that could because of an inability to fully express inner emotions}.

Summary
There are definitely signs of guilt n the dream {it fits with your faith and guilt to do with having sex}. But I sense something deeper and the dream does seem to point to this also. Are there childhood experiences that you do not wish to think about? Perhaps have not told anyone about? It may be something or at a time in life you shared with your little sister. Who is Ken and where does he fit into your life? The last part of the dreams seems to point to a relationship with your mother. Was she security for you as a child? Let me know what you come up with after reading my analysis. If there are childhood issues then we need to focus on those. If not then the symbols {dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor} would represent something else. Normally when there is a young child in the first part of a dream {the opening of a dream sets the stage for what emotional issues the dream is attempting to reveal to the dreamer} it is a symbol for the dreamer. The running away and the crying suggest something during that time of life that involved emotional issues.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Random religious-ish dream.

First off, thank you for the analysis. Indeed, there are childhood issues that I don't like to look back on. The only time I talked about them was briefly in therapy not long ago for the first time. To my surprise, I started crying and I was in pain from remembering my experiences. Unfortunately, my therapist and I didn't get to resolve those issues because of the time I had. Back to dream, my sister is a teenager and has very low self worth. I was exactly like that as well. She's going through things I've been through that I wish she wouldn't. Seeing her behavior sometimes reminds me of myself at her age. And I'd wish she do things differently.

Most of my childhood issues have to do with bullying, being a follower and letting others take advantage of me, not speaking up for myself, having a terrible babysitter who tortured my sister and I at a very young age, always feeling left out. Up until the age of 9, I grew up with various baby sitters. So I didn't fully get to appreciate my mother back then.

Overall, your analysis has really made me think and it makes a lot of sense. So thank you!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present