Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A house w/ Christmas lights/Analysis Part One

Agsunshine,
I am working on your dream but because it is a long dream I will post the first part of my analysis and then the second. Here is the first. If you read it before I complete my analysis feel free to comment.

Th first scene seems to be addressing how you wish things were or/and how things were in the past. Things are different and you don't like how they have changed. There are probably things about yourself you do not like.

The second part of he dream involves a lot of cars. Cars are who we are, metaphorically in our dreams and very much also in our waking lives {cars reflect our personalities in one aspect but they also reflect our values {valuable luxury car}. A car that belongs to someone else would represent what others have {and perhaps what you or your family did not have}. The car parked on the side of the rode may represent what you have 'parked' within your psyche, certain experiences/influences that affect who you are today. The older car would suggest something from your past, older experiences. An older luxury car would be greater things in life {more valuable assets, emotionally and perhaps financially}. There are questions about these aspects in your life that involve your mother and father. It could be life wasn't as plentiful for the family {emotionally or/and financially} and the was a fear of being seen as not having these more valuable assets {your father could represent his true self or/and as well as commanding masculine aspects within you}. There are other masculine aspects that are blocking the ability to look at this better possibility. Being late could represent apprehensions in life or even feeling unworthy.

This part could be addressing childhood issues that involve emotional support/nourishment or/and the financial support your father provided. Was he a proud person who could not/did not provide for you as he wished/could have? It could have been emotional and/or financial.

The next part about gloves. Gloves often represent our abilities to deal with things in life. Something we wear for protection and possibly to cover up what we can not deal with. Decorative gloves would be your conscious ego, how you or others perceive you. The outer self perceives things in simple ways while the inner self is much more decorative {see through/sheer}. This is the true self and who you want/need to be {must get a pair}. The pair may suggest more than one aspect {emotions as well as wealth}. The decorative gloves is the ego self. The inner self is designed differently and the desire is that all of you were as pretty as in the inside. Some aspects about yourself you like but there are others you would like to have {perhaps qualities your sister possesses}.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A house w/ Christmas lights/Analysis Part Two

Agsunshine,
Here is the rest of my analysis.

The next part. The guy friend would likely represent animus aspects. There is something lacking about these qualities that prevent you from accessing them. Something to do with your past experiences that affect unconscious influences {past experiences-some things to do before I got there. unconscious-I don't know what}. The closer to your current life you get the busier you are focusing on it. These nourishment things/influences are now showing up in your current adult life {restaurant}. There is a lack of communication with these masculine aspects that prevent you from being whole {1+3=4 which is the number for wholeness}. Unconscious aspects {did not know what they looked like}. The battery going dead is a lack of these masculine qualities that would help bring you to wholeness. This 'inner' guy has the ability to communicate what is lacking. You must be able to access/possess these masculine qualities before you can utilize them in your conscious life. These qualities are inactive.

The half sister represents the half of you that the dream is focused. This dream half sister talks about how good things should have been {emotionally and perhaps financially} in childhood {She always speaks highly of her children}. The conscious self is focused on the stuff that is good in life/or what you strive for that is good but not the bad stuff that emotionally is unconsciously motivated {childhood experiences/influences}. The part about 'My mom said did she tell your dad about something bad that her child did' may involve an actual experience in your life {all images in your dreams are about you}.

The last part is about your past experiences/influences. Your dad is burning those things that should be nourishing. The back to the front is unconscious knowledge to conscious understanding of this knowledge. These things are alarming in your emotional life and are about parental issues. The needed nourishment was removed from your life. The seasoning is the adjustments you have had to make to provide 'spice' to your emotional life. You have had to provide your own nourishment that is lacking from early life.

I believe the last paragraph explains the dream overall. The childhood issues you spoke of in your dream post Fire Dreamlikely has something to do with the issues involved in this dream. But this dream seems to point to parental issues from early life. I don't see anything about these issues {parental} in our other posts but some of the choices you made in life {choosing the bad boy type} leaves an inference there were parental issues {we are pretty much who and what we our because of the experiences/influences with parents}. The dad part of the dream may even point to why you chose the bad boy types for relationships. If you could comment more on your childhood and the relationship with your parents it may go a long way in helping to understand this dream.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

U r spot on w/ the beginning of the analysis. Things r changing in my personal. I felt as if I had a beautiful new beginning starting & now things r changing. I definitely wish things were different. Something's have been brought to my attention about myself that I want to change that I really dislike. Somehow I feel like for me to change in some of these areas I would need for my guy friend to change. (He just recently told me that he needs some space, a break, & to get a way. He says he has a lot on his mind. He says that I accuse him of doing things that he does not do however I have asked him on several occasions to stop doing these specific things that would lead me to believe these things about him & he does not. I feel as if he tries to hurt & irritate me b/c I feel like he does not acknowledge my concerns. He also recently did not get accepted to law school, so I know he is really pest about this b/c this is his dream. He is now saying he is moving to another state which really hurts me but I know it will b better opportunities for him there.)

The part about the cars & my parents: my father has always been present in my life and he is a wonderful provider financially & emotionally . He is very present in my life & he is an humble type of individual. We were no where near rich coming up we were just middle class. We had everything we needed & a lot of what we wanted. But u know what's interesting, the qualities u describe r qualities of my guy friend. He has a big ego he wants more out of life he is wishing hoping & praying for a better career so that he can have nice things in life & b a good provider. He doesn't have any children or anything he is waiting until he has a better career. He has tried really hard he has multiple  degrees but he just wishes to enter law school. He has a love for law. I also feel like some things that has happened in his past make him want to pursue this career field. I do feel like he wants people to know he has nice things. He has had it rough growing up. From what he tells me they hardly had anything they were poor. people had to help their family. 

The communication b/t us is not good. He can express his feeling very well. He is very intelligent & out of all the men I have come in contact w/ he seems to express himself the best. He understands a lot & he is an analyzer. there is a downside to this b/c I believe he hides certain things from me. He doesn't tell me the important things I need to know. Like right now he has shut me out when I want to b there for him but i believe he feels I will b hurtful to him during this time. I communicate w/ him in the way that I tell him how the things that he is doing makes me feel. I have said somethings that I am sure hurt his feelings but it is how I feel he treats me. I don't feel like he is focusing on building a relationship but more on his career. I feel like the way that he goes after it is hurting our relationship. He cuts me out completely. He wouldn't talk to me at all during finals & finals were over he wanted to come back around & I said don't come around now. U have ignored me. I resent him for starting this relationship w/ me when he knew he was working towards entering law school. He does a lot of things & one thing that takes up a lot of time is him being the president of this organization. It leaves me feeling left out & ignored.  I have found out a lot about myself since I've been w/ him. I can see the things in my life that have not been healed that I am holding on to that effect my relationship greatly. 

I feel all kinds of bad feelings rising w/in when it comes to him. Like jealousy. I resent when he ignores me but he comments or likes other women's post on Facebook. I feel rejected when he goes off & ignores me to tend to school. He says that I have issues.  He says that it's clear that I have issues. I resented him for saying that but deep down i know that i have things to work on. I don't want to admit it to him b/c i want him to stop w/ the things that he does. (I know this is not the way this works). I don't want him to see these flaws. I want things to look good I want him to see the positive things about me but I know w/in I will have to do so major work. 

I don't know how his relationship w/ his dad is. I remember when we first met he asked me if my dad was in my life. He asked me so much about my family. He doesn't talk about his dad at all. I don't know if he wasn't there for him & his family. The way it sounds I don't think he was. I have this thing that if I sense me asking u something will make u uncomfortable I don't ask. He hides things about himself. I feel like he thinks I know something bad about him I will view him in a different light. 

I realize some things that I have not realized before as I am typing this. I haven't been as sensitive & compassionate as I need to b. we both have issues but these dreams & your interpretations r helping me to see things clearly. It's helping me see that i am holding on to things from my past. Those things that I am holding on to I've been using them as justifications as to y I am the way that I am not trusting & accusing. Being jealous, angry, resentful, feeling inferior, & just putting up walls. All of these things hurt the people around me but it hurts me more. It's funny that when u ask people about me they will tell u that I am so sweet. I try hard to treat people right its hard for me to treat a man right. I  feel really bad on the inside. I wish I knew how to change immediately. 

Thank u so much Jerry for your time

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Agsunshine,
Sorry for not giving a response sooner. So much time required for other things I sometimes wonder if I am retired. I bought a house several months back and that is a responsibility in itself, upkeep, mowing grass, etc. The thing that keeps me most busy is trying to care for the feral/community cats in my neighborhood. I've had 9 spay/neutered in the past three weeks and have at least that many more. I have been involved in improving conditions at the local animal services {we have made great progress-the future looks good}, hoping to save as many animals from being unnecessarily euthanize. I am very much an animal person with 4 cats and a dog {back in Tennessee}. It does put a strain financially but I've made it my job to do what I can to care for the neighborhood felines. Ending the cycle of reproducing is essential and feeding them gets expensive. But I chose to do this and I aim to keep that commitment.

As for your response. There does seem to be a lot of issues not only within your psyche but also with your bf. It doesn't sound as if the relationship will last much longer. I dare say he has a lot of issues also, his not wanting to open up to you. He may be using that by pointing to your issues, deflecting his own and placing it on you. Not a good situation to be in when you have staked so much emotionally into it.

My advice is to work on your issues and let the relationship go where it may. If he is dead set on moving and getting his law degree then I doubt you can change that. It doesn't seem to be an option that you go with him {even if you wanted to}. I would begin to look toward the future and in doing so resolve those issues you have. Resentment is an issue. Look at personality traits as well as why you possess them. If you only acknowledge they exist and not discovering the reasons why you can not expect them to go away. Confronting and resolving the underlying causes is essential if you wish to get past the issues. The next relationship will definitely go better if you have worked on your inner self. That will be reflected in the conscious self. Not only will the chances of success in future relationships be greater, the relationship with yourself will improve also. I dare say by resolving the emotional conflicts in your life will put you in a better position not only in choosing a future partner but insuring the relationship will last. If you look at your current relationship you can see both are at fault. You can't change him but you can change who you are. Not just superficially by by doing the 'soul' work required to understand the true inner self. Choosing the bad boy type is not just by coincidence. It is unconsciously motivated and discovering those unconscious factors will end the cycle of wrong choices. With the impending end to this relationship {it does sound as if it is dying} take the opportunity to reinvent yourself wholly, completely and permanently.

Jerry

Jerry,

No problem at all I understand that you also have a life even though you are retired. It seems like you are extremely busy a house is a lot of work & that is a beautiful thing you are doing w/ the cats.

Yes, our relationship is nonexistent at this point. We are both to blame. Neither one of us are whole & well enough for a healthy relationship at this time. I have just decided to work on myself & not b w/ anyone for a while until I can get these issues worked out. I hope to in the future have a successful relationship that will last a lifetime. I do acknowledge the issues that I have but I know it's not enough to acknowledge them I have to action & work on them and I am doing this. Thank you for all of your help. You have really help me to see things in a different light. I appreciate your time.

Thanks so much!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present