Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Truck

Nicola,
I went back over the dream and here is what I came up with.
The dream is pointing to something either to do with your uncle, or a related experience that is imprisoned within your psyche. There is something locked away, the security locks suggesting a possibility of repressing particular emotions or/and experiences. The several doors that lead outside {conscious knowledge} are layers that need to be opened up before this emotional aspect can be let out. The image of your uncle is one that is 'driving' a particular emotional aspect in your psyche. It has to do with foundations that are controlling agents in your life {foot petals, legs and feet}. Usually these foundations are from childhood. This has put you in a position {seat} that is 'dark blue' which could point to periods of depression. But it could symbolize repression.

The rest of the dream also points to aspects 'related' to the uncle image that being held in. Getting it out to consciousness requires getting over emotional aspects that are behind many fences {locked securely away}. You don't want to 'see' {consciously} these 'uncle' aspects so you hold it 'inside'. Something is securely held within your psyche you do not wish to acknowledge.

Can you tell me something about your life, in particular your moods? Is there depression? What about your childhood. If it is a 'related' issue and not about your uncle, could there be repressed experiences {if so it could have to do with your uncle}. If none of these are true then the only thing I could suggest is there was something early in life that left a great impression on your psyche that have energies strong enough to be remembered.

To be honest my sense there is something that is being repressed. Again, what is your emotional life like today?

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you. That is what I was getting from it too. I wanted an objective analysis in case I was missing something. Yes, repression is a possibility. I've had other dreams which could be indicating the same thing. This dream followed an experience of an upsetting 'feeling memory' which I can't place anywhere in my conscious past. I do have memories of unusual events from my childhood and there were also signs of me being unsettled without apparent reason. When I put everything together, it does all fit. This makes the possibility of repression difficult to ignore or dismiss. I haven't suffered significantly with depression, unless I include my 'dark night', which I know wasn't triggered by childhood experiences anyway. It was my circumstances at the time and I believe it went beyond depression. So I wouldn't be able to apply that to my dream. I think you're correct in your repression interpretation. Do you happen to know how I might go about taking back this controlling aspect if it's due to events which I can't recall?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Nicola,
I appreciate your candid remarks. I did sense repression issues and from my experience in working with dreams such a strong statement as was in your dream it is something that must be true. I am not a wizard or clairvoyant or psychic but I do have a ability to read dreams {using Jungian concepts as a guide}. Seldom do I get these type dreams wrong, the message is too strong to ignore. When a dream starts out as yours did it has a clear message.

I'm riding in the passenger side of a truck. One of my uncles is driving it. I'm looking at the foot pedals, his legs and feet. The seat is dark blue.
Next, I'm inside of a secure building, like a prison or a secure hospital. There are security locks on all the doors and I keep having to wait for someone to unlock each one for me to go through it.

You are not in control {passenger} of a heavy load {truck} that is a part of your life. One of your uncles is driving {is this a true statement?}. That would indicate unconsciously the 'uncle' is in control of some aspect of your life. Foot pedals, legs and feet are foundation parts of your psyche. These things are unconscious motivators. The dark blue would be 'darkness' but the blue could indicate 'blue emotions' on the inside while having a positive outer life {blue being a positive and negative color}. That would not be unusual through most of life but eventually it comes to the surface.

The secure building indicates something is secure within your unconscious. But it is a prison on the inside, this thing is 'locked up'. The security locks suggest you have securely locked these emotional experiences away. There are many layers to unlocking these issues. I dare say paying attention to your dreams is one of those layers.

Such dream language as in your dream {the opening statement lays out what the dream is trying to communicate} is explicit in my experience in working with dreams. It is only a matter of interpreting the 'coded' language dreams use {symbol and metaphor}. And there is always more than one application/meaning to each symbol {the blue color being one}. Usually there is a primary message as well as secondary message{s}. This dream does seem to be focused on a primary message and that would likely be because it is such a dire message that needs to be communicate.

The part about the other women {3 or 4} would also likely have a dual message. One would be the wholeness that is needed by communicating to your conscious self these hidden emotions/experiences {4 is the number for wholeness}. But there could be more literal application to the 3 or 4 women. They are with you would suggest they are a part of you {the various aspects of yourself to do with wholeness}. But it could be pointing to experiences where there were other women. You may want to make this a part of any investigation as to what the repressed experiences are.

Doors are barriers and once again you are unlocking one at a time so these hidden things will become consciously visible {outside the building}. he road you need to reach is one that lets these things out. But the hidden experiences are there {uncle}. The negatives are maintaining the repressed experiences {maintenance man}. This cause you not to want to let these things out, to see them, but keep them inside. There is the fear the emotional energies could be harmful to your conscious self {putting you back in with the negative experiences}. The body of water are unconscious contents and the boats at the back of the building {you} are unconscious contents that need/are ready to make a transition to consciousness. This will lead you in the right direction, to the road that will bring about the wholeness nature intended {nature provides us with dreams to help us resolve emotional issues-much like the immune system is to the body, a device for healing}. Pipes are conductors of emotional energy and you have to climb over unconscious emotional energies to see the way out {to get the repressed issues out}. But there are too many barriers {fence} and emotional energies {pipes} so you have to seek alternative ways to get these things out.

An alternative way is your dreams. That may answer your question, how I might go about taking back this controlling aspect if it's due to events which I can't recall?. At least in part. Your dreams will expose these issues but you must have someone to help you with them. A psychologist/therapist trained in working with dreams. Absent that a psychologist who uses traditional methods to unlock repressed issues.

If you wish to post other dreams I may be able to help with some of the required work needed to unlock the doors to your unconscious. I am not a psychologist so I do suggest anything we discover be used in assisting someone who is trained to work with these type issues. The dreams can reveal what they are but the therapy required to heal the wounds calls for a trained professional. Leaving these things locked up is not an alternative because they will eventually insist on becoming conscious. Most likely they have done that already since these unconscious experiences tend to be motivators of personality and actions throughout life. Just as with those who were abused as children by Catholic priests, 30-40 years later the experiences began to resurface to conscious light. But all the while they had control over their lives without them knowing it {alcoholism, drugs. failed marriages, suicide}. If you have lived a relative stable life that may indicate the issues are not as traumatic as they could be. But again you may have been able to live a normal life while holding in some terrible experiences. Either way it is imperative you find out what they are. This is how you take back the control these unconscious experiences have had in your life, and head off anything worse in the future.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry

I understand everything that you've mentioned here. You're insight is most helpful and very much appreciated. I will post some more dreams and see what we can make of them
.:-)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Jerry

I understand everything that you've mentioned here. You're insight is most helpful and very much appreciated. I will post some more dreams and see what we can make of them
.:-)

Nicola,
Please do submit future dreams. Having confirmed there is some degree of repression I would be interested to see what future dreams reveal. This could benefit both of us, you for any past experiences that may have been pushed into the unconscious, and for me to use my skills and Jung's concepts on dreams. One of Jung's hypothesis was that dreams play out in a series to reveal more of unconscious contents. I have only seen this on a limited basis since most dreams I analyze are limited to a few for each dreamer. There are many of Jung's concepts I have been able to verify but this is one I have had limited experience with. Your first dream left little doubt in my mind there were past experiences that needed to be brought to conscious knowledge.

About your original dream. The language for me was very explicit and direct. Although I have seen such dreams before {that were explicit} continuing dreams were not as coherent in its symbolic language. It will be interesting to see if your future dreams are as decipherable as the original post. It could be possible it all depends on the individual as to whether dreams are as 'readable'. Every dream can be a learning experience and I am always interested in discovering and better understanding how dreams function {whether it has to do with Jung's concepts or perhaps something new to be learned}.

There is one element in your dream that fits a standard mold. Anytime I see dream language where there is a vehicle, a driver and a passenger, the person who is driving the vehicle is pointing to a lack of control of some aspect of the dreamer's life. If, as in your dream, you are a passenger and someone else is driving your vehicle then the inference and interpretation would be that some other person {or a metaphorical aspect} has control over some facet of your {dreamer's} life. I know this to be a norm because I have often seen and interpreted this type language in this form and always receive a positive response. If it fits the dreamer's life then it is usually a verification the interpretation is correct.

Then there is the follow up language which point to something repressed. Wording such as 'secure building' , prison, secure hospital {hospital most always point to a healing aspect} and secure locks, suggest something is 'locked away' within the unconscious. In your original response, a response to the question about your uncle, there was a recollection on your part of limited experience with him as a child but nothing more. In your response to my full analysis you did confirm a possibility of repression. That leaves little doubt the dream language was explicit in its intent if not factual in pointing not only to repression but perhaps experiences to do with an uncle {usually literal but could be a symbolic reference}. One issue I am interested in determining is if there is an experience that involves your real uncle {one that may involve repression}.

For me there is no doubt this type dream language has a distinct message and falls within a distinct pattern. The advantage I have in suggesting this is true is the thousands of posted dreams, interpretations, and follow up responses that have provided a recorded verification of not only of my analysis but also of a theory or concept. In my experience 'Jung got it right' when it comes to interpreting the language, patterns, concepts and functions of dreams {a primary function, provided by nature, being an intent to help resolve emotional conflicts}. There are a couple of aspects to Jung's theories I see differently {childhood experiences as a major impact on a person's psyche} but from working with dreams for almost 22 years I know he did get it right {the Dream Forum has been on line since 2005}. Otherwise my success in interpreting dreams would not be as great as it is {seldom do I get a response that doesn't to a great degree confirm my analysis}. Your dreams could cover new ground for me, and hopefully help with resolving any conflicts you have in your life.

One last comment. Feel free to exclude any information you feel too personal. Naming names is not required. If the experiences we are working with does involve a particular uncle it is not necessary to name names or provide detailed information you feel to be too personal.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present