Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Truck

Hi Jerry

I understand everything that you've mentioned here. You're insight is most helpful and very much appreciated. I will post some more dreams and see what we can make of them
.:-)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry

I understand everything that you've mentioned here. You're insight is most helpful and very much appreciated. I will post some more dreams and see what we can make of them
.:-)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Nicola,
Please do submit future dreams. Having confirmed there is some degree of repression I would be interested to see what future dreams reveal. This could benefit both of us, you for any past experiences that may have been pushed into the unconscious, and for me to use my skills and Jung's concepts on dreams. One of Jung's hypothesis was that dreams play out in a series to reveal more of unconscious contents. I have only seen this on a limited basis since most dreams I analyze are limited to a few for each dreamer. There are many of Jung's concepts I have been able to verify but this is one I have had limited experience with. Your first dream left little doubt in my mind there were past experiences that needed to be brought to conscious knowledge.

About your original dream. The language for me was very explicit and direct. Although I have seen such dreams before {that were explicit} continuing dreams were not as coherent in its symbolic language. It will be interesting to see if your future dreams are as decipherable as the original post. It could be possible it all depends on the individual as to whether dreams are as 'readable'. Every dream can be a learning experience and I am always interested in discovering and better understanding how dreams function {whether it has to do with Jung's concepts or perhaps something new to be learned}.

There is one element in your dream that fits a standard mold. Anytime I see dream language where there is a vehicle, a driver and a passenger, the person who is driving the vehicle is pointing to a lack of control of some aspect of the dreamer's life. If, as in your dream, you are a passenger and someone else is driving your vehicle then the inference and interpretation would be that some other person {or a metaphorical aspect} has control over some facet of your {dreamer's} life. I know this to be a norm because I have often seen and interpreted this type language in this form and always receive a positive response. If it fits the dreamer's life then it is usually a verification the interpretation is correct.

Then there is the follow up language which point to something repressed. Wording such as 'secure building' , prison, secure hospital {hospital most always point to a healing aspect} and secure locks, suggest something is 'locked away' within the unconscious. In your original response, a response to the question about your uncle, there was a recollection on your part of limited experience with him as a child but nothing more. In your response to my full analysis you did confirm a possibility of repression. That leaves little doubt the dream language was explicit in its intent if not factual in pointing not only to repression but perhaps experiences to do with an uncle {usually literal but could be a symbolic reference}. One issue I am interested in determining is if there is an experience that involves your real uncle {one that may involve repression}.

For me there is no doubt this type dream language has a distinct message and falls within a distinct pattern. The advantage I have in suggesting this is true is the thousands of posted dreams, interpretations, and follow up responses that have provided a recorded verification of not only of my analysis but also of a theory or concept. In my experience 'Jung got it right' when it comes to interpreting the language, patterns, concepts and functions of dreams {a primary function, provided by nature, being an intent to help resolve emotional conflicts}. There are a couple of aspects to Jung's theories I see differently {childhood experiences as a major impact on a person's psyche} but from working with dreams for almost 22 years I know he did get it right {the Dream Forum has been on line since 2005}. Otherwise my success in interpreting dreams would not be as great as it is {seldom do I get a response that doesn't to a great degree confirm my analysis}. Your dreams could cover new ground for me, and hopefully help with resolving any conflicts you have in your life.

One last comment. Feel free to exclude any information you feel too personal. Naming names is not required. If the experiences we are working with does involve a particular uncle it is not necessary to name names or provide detailed information you feel to be too personal.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present