Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Caring for a Dying Woman

I have been hired to care for an elderly woman by her daughter who is younger than me.
I am giving her a bath in the back of a car which is parked in the garage (reminds me of my parent’s garage) Before I leave I have a discussion with her daughter about the medications the woman is getting. I mention something about Protonix to be give before meals and I notice that the daughter gives me a displeased look for a moment. The next day I return and as we begin the bath the old woman thinks we could do a better job in the bathroom where she can stand up and I can wash her butt---she stands up to demonstrate. I agree. The back door of the car is split into two doors---I shut the one by the window because she is leaning to the left and I don’t want her to fall out while I leave her a moment to get her wheelchair. She wants me to leave the other half door open. As I leave she falls out and cracks her head lightly on the cement floor. I run to pick her up, have her in my arms and say, “you did that on purpose.” She nods yes and I say, “you want to kill yourself” and she says “yes.” I tell her not to worry, she will probably be dead within a week I ask her if she is in pain and she indicates no so I tell her if she wants to take her pain medication and be drowsy and sleep the rest of her time just to take the maximum dose every 4 hrs. I put her back in the car and close the other door.
Scene changes as I take her upstairs to her bedroom and she tells me her daughter is angry with me. I feel surprised but remember the look she gave me and I think it is probably about the advice I gave her and we will need to talk about it. Visitors come to se her and they are cooking in the kitchen. Two men and some women relatives. She is in the bed and I leave while they visit. She seems to have gotten better, looks revived. I go back to the kitchen and the counters are crowded--there is a mess from what the company cooked--spattered barbeque sauce and above on a ledge a slab of meat that seems to still be cooking. I am touching the meat to see if its hot when the daughter returns and I tell her about the visitors cooking and I am not sure if they left the grill on---to explain why I was touching the meat.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 71 Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Caring for a Dying Woman

Pat,
I will be Sunday morning before I will be able to provide an analysis of your dream. Saturday is the one work day of the week for me {retired} giving estimates for the family fence business my son now manages. It is usually an all day event.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Pat,
First the advertisement. This is a project I have taken on and I can use any contributions. These are neighbor strays and feral cats. I have six cats of my own and feed/care for another 10-12 from the neighborhood.

Click Here for details on how to help

The Dream

Here is what I come up with when analyzing the dream and putting it into everyday language. I do get the sense there was a recent experience to do with people who have had an affect on your life, possibly early life. There is anger associated with this experience.

I also sense issues to do with early life experiences/influences. The two are probably related. The early life issues would be associated to personality and motivators for who you are, act and react as an adult. You have worked on many of these issues but there remains certain issues that remain to cause stress in your life.

Here is how I see the dream.

Caring for oneself emotionally. Unconscious cleansing to do with early life {parents} experiences/influences. Inner dialog about emotional healing/treatment that you are involved with {may involve actual medications you are taking}. Stresses in from early life/associations that are affecting current life.

Cleansing/healing easier when expressing oneself. Cleansing of inclinations/compulsions. Aspects are both unconscious and conscious. Avoiding aspects of emotional handicaps that need immediate attention that need assistance. Conscious recognition of unconscious barriers.

Mental distress due to emotional issues associated with early life influences. A conscious decision to avoid issues. A desire to put an end the issue. There is a time frame to this ending. No emotional pain due to conscious ability to deaden emotions. Placing/pushing the issue back into the unconscious instead of finding solution. A need for closure.

Scene Changes
Angry emotions. Dialog about early life influences/experiences. Preparing nourishment for healing. Aspects that need to be gotten rid of that have to do with needed nourishment. Masculine as well as feminine related/associated aspects. Unconscious contents coming up. Crowded emotions. Basic feelings that need more exposure. Complications to basic foundations that need expression. Touching on basic emotions that are sensitive that are still affecting you.
end of analysis

I do believe the dream is focusing both on recent experiences as well as motivating factors in your life {one causing stress/anger in the recent experience}. The motivating issues may be how you react to certain situations/people but would also be
a part of your personality. It may be you have resolved many of those issues but there are still certain situations that cause them you to act/react adversely. Let me know if this fits. I am interested especially in possible recent experiences and what they might be.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thanks Jerry--will have to spend some time with your interpretation. It feels true although I don't know exactly why. I am sending you an email about a current situation involving my sister---perhaps I am more angry than I consciously realize.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 71 Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present