Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Very Freaky Dream Reposted

O.k. So I had a dream about being with my boyfriend. In the dream, I could clearly see him building a new home. The wood was freshly cut and beautiful and the sun was shining down really bright. Me and him seemee really happy and excited to be together but the dream became a nightmare. I appeared down in this dark gloomy basement which contained dead looking people but they were alive. They seemed as if they were once famous entertainers that just looked full of evil. A man with dusty grayish looking hair walked towards me and attacked me by biting my neck. As my neck was bitten, an eye symbol was engraved into my neck. I became really terrified and began to push the eerie man off but as I was pushing him off I was grabbing his hair. His head began to rip off as I kept grabbing and pushing him off. But before all of that happened he said something to me that was related to the singer Madonna. As he said it, I saw flashes of her singing then I appeared at this table. I was holding a gold, black, gray glittered star in the palm of my hand. I then looked down to my clothes and saw that I was wearing the same colors with glitter and I looked like a celebrity then I awoke from the dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA NC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Very Freaky Dream Reposted

Anonymous,

First the advertisement. This is a project I have taken on and I can use any contributions. These are neighbor strays and feral cats. I have six cats of my own and feed/care for and as many as 23 total from the neighborhood.

Click Here for details on how to help

The Dream

First it is important to understand that this dream is about you and your emotions. Your bf is in the dream as someone who is related to those emotions. Also dreams {as well as all dream images|always have two meanings/applications. At your age the focus on life is centered on the outer world of personality development, career, family, etc. This would be reflected in your dreams {as well as the early life experiences/influences that help shape your personality and who you will become as an adult}. You have yet to gain life experiences so your dreams would point 'outward'.

For an older adult the focus is more on the 'inner self' and the emotional 'baggage' that comes from life experiences. Been there, done that and look at waht a mess I have created. The dream {in both age groups} is trying to help sort through the emotional baggage and resolve the conflicts brought about from those experiences. The reason I ask for the age of the dreamer is to et an idea where to look first in understanding what emotional issues the dream is focused. Dreams will always address both outer {ego centered world} and inner {resolving the accumulated emotional baggage} but depending on age on is more likely to be the focus than the other.

And finally before I get to analyzing your dream. People in dreams can represent two things {or more}. One would be aspects of your own psyche, a man in a woman's dream would symbolize her 'masculine' aspects. The opposite would apply to a man with a woman in his dreams, she would represent his feminine aspects. A named person {including the mocker bf instead of a name} could apply to the actual person, in relationship to the dreamer. He/she would also represent the masculine/feminine aspects I mentioned. Usually a named person is either some very close to the dreamer and the dream is addressing that close relationship, or the named person is someone the dreamer identifies with due to something that person possesses {personality characteristics, position in life, etc}. But either way it is in relationship to the dreamer's emotional life and is not about that person per say. These are fundamental concepts of Jungian psyche which I have, in my 22 years of working with dreams, verified as correct and applicable {I get responses to my analysis and can determine whether I am correct in my assumptions}.

Your dream
This beginning part of the dream sets the stage for what the dream message is. In your dream being with your bf and his building a new home represents you seeing a hopeful event that reflects the desire of a new home with your bf {your emotions in the relationship you have with him}. This is the personal/outer relationship. The bf could also represent building an 'inner home' that has to do with the needed masculine aspects so you can live a balanced life for the future. A balance between feminine qualities {caring, loving, responsible, intuitive} and masculine qualities {strength, perseverance, objectivity}. This is nature's intent although few people are able to achieve this balance because they are so focused and attached to the ego/material world.

The materials the home is built from is symbolic, for both applications. The outer application would likely be a positive representation since there is sunshine and things are beautiful. Wood can represent {there is seldom a fixed meaning to an image/symbol} flexibility in the relationship, strength in its structure {relationship}. This is how you wish for the relationship to be.
As for the inner world the wood home would also point to these same desires for your developing masculine aspects. A balanced self would result in a beautiful and sunny life. At 18 you are in that stage of development where, no matter how life has been there is a positive outlook on life.

But the dream becomes a nightmare. The dream in this instance would be more than just the dream state you are in but also the dream home and relationship you desire with your bf. There is something deep down in your unconscious that is a negative {gloomy basement}. The dead people would be dead parts of you which would affect your personality and possibly your relationship with your bf. Wood can also have a negative application, dead inside but continues life on the outside {a living tree that is cut down is dead inside but is molded/used for something else on the outside}. There could also be fears about the relationship that are conscious. The once famous entertainers would be part of your expectations {positive well being/entertainment in the relationship as well as life in general}. This is your outer world. On the inside there is a look of evil which may suggest something that has shaped your personality that has 'evil' connotations {this likely would be from early life experiences/influences as a child}. There is something very negative about your inner life {emotionally} that has an influence on your psyche which would affect your personality and your eventual general outlook on life {as you get older}.
A question you need to ask is 'what was/is your early life about and what experiences/influences were there that would contribute to a negative force in your personality and life'? The rest of the dream may point to generalities to the possibilities but dreams seldom offer specifics. You will have to fill in the specifics since it is your personal emotional life the dream is about. My life specifically would be different as would everyone else because we have different lives. But the generalities would fall into categories {a bad childhood} and these are the patterns I can discern and let you fill in the specifics.

A guy with a grayish looking hair. That could be a real life person and experience the dream is addressing. It would definitely be symbolic in associations with your inner life {representing a masculine aspect to do an older experience/grayish, or an unclear memory/experience that is stored in your unconscious}. Biting you on the neck would likely be symbolic of leaving an impression on your psyche and/or causing you emotional pain. The neck would represent the bridge between body and mind, consciousness and unconsciousness. This biting on the neck may point to past experiences that are unclear memories that have to do with painful emotions brought about by either a male or/and masculine attitudes. Fathers, uncles, any one older could fit this grayish description, if there is a real person involved. The painful memory/experience/emotions could have a broad range of possibilities to include a bad father figure or male figure in your life to an actual really bad experience. Again, the personal aspects only you would know.

The actions to do with the man w/could be actual waking experiences. But again they would have symbolic representations also. There may have been an actual experience where you were terrified {again with a long range of possibilities that could terrify you}. As to the inner possibilities grabbing his hair may point to grabbing onto the mental aspects of a past experience {stored in the unconscious as a memory because of the emotional energies it possess}. The had ripping off would expose what is inside. The 'related to Madonna' would surely have personal associations to what you see/feel about the 'entertainer' {she is apart of you, perhaps a 'shadow' aspect that reflects shared traits she possesses that you identify with. Are there any personal experiences you know about in Madonna's life that you share? That would be the 'shadow' in your psyche.

The masculine aspect {in the dream} is 'saying' this about Madonna/you. The flashes may be from the unconscious and the singing would represent an elevation of communication of oneself. Since our dreams are tools of communication of unconscious contents this may represent communicating inner aspects that affect your outer self. The table is symbol of the world you live in, inner and outer. The unconscious influences that shape your inner world is reflected in personality as well as actions in your outer world.

Holding is possessing. Gray is between lack and white, conscious and unconscious. Glitter is enhancing your true inner self {star}, guiding you in your personality and outer life. Your hands represent an ability to deal with these unconscious aspects as they affect your conscious world. The clothes are the outer self {garments make up who you are/wish to represent}. These are the same outer experiences you connect with in Madonna {whatever the associations you have with her}. Looking like a celebrity are elevated expectations that you need to wake up to {yes, waking up is a part of the dream message}.

Summary
The beginning of the dream depicts you and your bf and his building a new home. My sense is the dream is pointing to fears and desires, and the influences from early life that affect your personality. The relationship and expectations with your bf would be affected by these experiences/influences {influences are those experiences that influence you unconsciously to do a particular thing in a particular way. If your parents smoke then that would likely influence you to smoke as well}. I do sense there were particular experiences in your early life that are affecting your psyche. Negative experiences that could range from the relationship with your father and his parenting skills, to possibly an actual experience that had a profound affect on you emotionally {the relationship with your father/older male would likely be accumulative/overall relationship}. Symbolically, if there are no real adverse experiences with the father/older man, the past experiences would still have affected your opinion of males negatively. This may be what the beautiful house your bf is building turned nightmare is addressing. Either past negative experiences with a real older male that affect or can affect your relationship with your bf, and/or negative masculine you possess that are a result of childhood experiences that also affect your personality and relationships. There are unconscious energies that are motivating how you act, feel and live and those would have a direct impact on relationships. One area to look for is how your bf compares to your father. The dream home {expectations of a good life as a child in relationship with your father} turned nightmare may be about how you unconsciously view the relationship with your bf. Madonna has had some troubling relationships. Her relationship with her ' father' is prominent in her life {also raped as a teenager by a stranger}. There would be unconscious motivators you are not consciously aware of that push you to act or react in a certain way. They would follow the patterns from early life experiences, with father, family, early life experiences. What shaped your young psyche are imprinted and are emotional forces that guide you in your adult life. This is a general outline {the best anyone who is experienced in dream analysis can do, no matter what they claim}. You will have to fill in the personal associations. If Madonna is indeed a shadow figure then shared experiences would follow the same patterns.

Let me know what you come up with. This would be the first dream of a series that would point o the deeper issues involved.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

o.k. About the father situation, my father was rarely in my life and that still continues to happen. I also do not know anything of Madonna so Im not sure about shared experiences. I do have sime fears with boyfriend only because of what my friends tell me. What my friends tell me is that I need to drop my boyfriend because they say he's no good and to be honest my boyfriebd have weird mood swings or maybe iI'm misunderstanding him.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Anonymous,
You may want to read the story of Madonna's relationship with her father. There are probably similarities to your relationship with your father. Most likely you were unconsciously aware of Madonna's story having read something about it in the past and forgotten it. In the dream you saw flashes of her singing which could point to unconscious falshes of memory related to her story. But because you did identify with her story {you being her} you stored it in your unconscious. The dream used it as a tool to help bring about resolution to your emotional conflict with your father.

As for the new house and your bf. Because there are concerns about the relationship with your bf and a desire to 'build a new life/home', the happiness and excite turned into a nightmare {in the dream}. This may point to what you have heard about your bf {negative talk} but also may point to intuitive feelings as well. Or/and it could have associations to your own father, something may click as a warning. The
old house' you live in is one without your father. The 'new house' in the dream would seem to be a happy home but then the dream says something is wrong and it turns into a nightmare. This could be a fear but likely has something to do that is real about your bf or that relationship.

Overall the dream does fit with your life, both with your bf and your father. As I stated in my analysis I can not point to actual experiences because they are personal and only you would not what occurred. I can provide a general outline and then you must fit it in with your life experiences. your response seems to collaborate my senses of the dream. These are 'universal' patterns of behavior that can be recognized from the dream images/actions by a trained analyst. The personal experiences are what can not be determined {generally}.

To let you know I did receive your e-mail and will provide a response later today.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

O.K. and again, Thank-You.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present