Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back at school

I am 34 years old. Male. Married and have a 2-years old son.

One day, I was mentioning to my mom that I have donated some money to help a poor student's college education and paid his fees. That night I got a dream and I can only recollect what could perhaps be the last bit of a dream that I believe was a bit long.

I found myself in one of the schools where I studied for 4 years. Though I realized I was an adult, am standing among the students of 6th or 7th grade and was marching happily to the prayer assembly that used to take place every morning. The school used to play a song while the students were marching and I vividly remember the lyrics and sung the lines cheerfully. I always wonder whether it is a song made just for this type of march.

Then once the march stopped, someone tapped my shoulders and I then found a brown coloured underware on my shoulders. I recognized it was mine but someone from behind came forward and argued that it was his and threw it on the ground in front of my eyes. I tried to reason with him that it was mine but with no success. In frustration, I spit 2 times looking at him to insult him and his adamant non-acceptance of the fact that the underware was mine. Actually, brown is the colour I like the most along with sky blue and most of my trousers or shirts will be of related shades of these two colors.

Then I saw my headmaster, an elderly gentleman with good heart but a strict disciplinarian, who I always used to and even to this date admire a lot. He usually makes a brief speech everyday in the assembly and in my dream too he gave a speech but I could not recollect what he spoke. With the lyrics of the song vividly running through my mind, the alarm rang and I woke up.

Any thoughts?

MR

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 & Singapore

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Back at school

MR,
I've worked on your dream and although I have an idea what the dream is attempting to communicate I want to give it more inspection before providing a final analysis. I got to it late in the day and have other tasks to finish which limit my time {and intuitive senses}. I work on Saturdays in the family construction business {I am retired} so it will likely be Sunday morning before I give my interpretation.

The answer to a couple of questions should clarify aspects of the dream and verify {or disprove} my analysis of the dream. I'll provide a breakdown of the symbols/images in my final analysis {which may be important for you think about in case you can not connect to something in my first question}.

Was there an experience{s} when you were in the 6/7th grade{s} that may have had an emotional impact on you. Something that happened that could have caused changes in you or/and your life? Or something just beyond those years that affected you emotionally?

Also I sense a pattern of motivating/controlling energies from the dream that would have associations to the period of time in my first question. What happened then would have left mark on your psyche which to this day possesses energies that may affect your person or personality. During the years of the 6/7th grade you had a very positive outlook on life. But something happened that seems to have changed you on the inside and that affects who you are on the outside {ego/personality wise}.

Finally. You mentioned the experience with your Mom about helping the student. Is there something you feel that connects that experience to the dream? If there is it would likely have associations or memories about yourself that has to do with either what you did {help the student} or the actual student. Most often when someone posts added information as you did there is an unconscious recognition {if not conscious} of the associations.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Back at school

MR,
Here is my analysis of your dream. You must understand I can not tell you directly what it is {emotional issue/experiences} that the dream is trying to communicate, I can only provide an outline of the possibilities. You will have to put the pieces together.

My analysis, broken down by image/symbol/action plus a summary of what I sense from the dream.

*school of 4 years-A learning place where you felt whole/complete
*adult with 6/7th graders-a desire to be back in that place
*marching happily-starting to be in tune with true self
*song/lyrics-may involve creative aspects
*song made for march- seeking to be your true self/finding wholeness, harmony in life

*march stopped/underwear on shoulders-that special feeling ends/something soiled your life and it is a weight on your shoulders affecting your inner peace
* recognizing it is yours/ground in front of eyes-something that unconsciously possesses you that needs to be consciously recognized
*No success-Not able to recognize the unconscious energies
*spit/insult-attitudes that need to discarded/clashing ego that soils your personality
*Brown/blue-alternating/conflicting attitudes you display in your conscious life

*headmaster-an attitude that possesses you psychologically causing both good and bad qualities
*speech in assembly-a need to express/recognize these attitudes that control your whole being
*lyrics of song-meaningful endeavors {past experiences from beginning of dream} that you remember

Summary
The early years of your life were positive and meaningful and may have involved experiences of creativity. You were in your true environment where you feel whole and harmonious. But something changed that, soiled your inner harmony and is now an emotional energy that has some control over your personality/life. You do not realize these unconscious forces {as most people don't} and there is a need to understand them. These attitudes from the unconscious energies causes a lot of conflict in your life. On one hand the discipline you have in your life is positive but on the other hand there are negative aspects related to the time after the the 6/7th grade {when things changed} that cause you not to be able to be that whole person. You live a 'normal' emotional life without realizing the unconscious energies {again, related to after the 6/7th grade} that have control over your psyche.

What happened after you left the 6/7th grade {or it could be 6/7 years old}? Something was 'soiled' in your life that has a long term affect on your psyche. It involves emotional energies that unconsciously motivate your personality. Where would this fit in your life?

Please provide a follow up response to my analysis. It may provide additional info that will help in understanding the dream message. It is also a learning tool in dream analysis {as are all dreams}.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present