Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Child being missing

I have a dream where my 5 year old boy goes missing walking home from school, he's missing for around an hour. I walk through a wooded area and he isn't there but two minutes later I hear a noise behind me and he is curled up lying on the floor very drowsy in a place I have already looked, when I speak to him he drowsily says "he let me taste his whiskey before he let me go" then I see a mans face with very dark eyes, and he says "you have a lovely boy" . I keep thinking over and over why I didn't see him there first time I looked and how the man wasn't there whilst I was looking for him. What is this dream telling me? Jemma

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Child being missing

Jemma,
It has been a while since you last visited {2006}. Things have changed all around with you now having a 5 year old son. Motherhood brings about a lot of emotions.

Your Dream
Could this dream be related to your experience when you were 13 as noted in your dream post Death? Part of it probably is addressing a fear of the security of your son {a normal experience}. But it may have been at least in part stimulated by your own experience.

As for the interpretation of the images without considering your previous dream post.
Your 5 year old boy would likely represent his true self {one exception when close relationships can e taken literal and not wholly symbolic}. What the opening of the dream is stating {the opening of a dream sets the stage for what the dream is about} a fear on your part for the safety/security of your son. What makes me think the dream is related to your experience at 13 is the dream language, "in a place I have looked before". There are probably real life experiences involving your son where you have gone looking for him {a natural cautious attitude} and finding him in a usual place and that is a stimulus as a reference to your past experience. The tasting of the whiskey may be something real in your experience at 13. Symbolically it could represent a 'sensation' you have had {your dreams are about you and your emotions}. The whiskey could be your self-alertness and protective/careful nature, something you are more aware of because of your own experience. The he would be the haunting man of your past experience and 'you having a lovely boy' would denote your fears as related to the safety of your son. Not seeing him the first time would be addressing that 'first time' experience,one you do not wish to happen to your son. That man isn't there because it was a past experience {unless of course the real person is still around and presents an even worse and more realistic fear}.

The dream is denting your fears about the safety of your son and possibly using your past experience as a part of that concern. Your past experience will probably be with you forever {if you can put it behind you it will not be a source of negative emotions in your dreams} and the dream is using those experiences as a reference to your fear. I wouldn't be concerned about the dream since it is natural for a young mother to have such fears, and dreams.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Re: Child being missing

Thankyou for taking the time to reply, I've come to realise how relevant poignant my dream is in my every day life, hopefully I can put my irrational fears and anxiety behind me now. Thankyou

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present