Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No control over the car

For two consecutive days now I have been dreaming that I’m in a car or a plane (not mine), sometimes with people and sometimes alone – however I was the one driving in both cases. The road was like rollercoaster loops, going up and down with steep and sharp turns and it was terrifying me in the dream and I felt that I had no control whatsoever. I didn't know where I was heading and was afraid of crashing. Yet there was a voice within me (I still cannot identify if it was my own voice or something else) that kept telling me “relax, you will reach safely no matter what”.
Just need you to note that I have been extremely stressed lately with work, relationship and the death of a dear one. But the past few days I managed to really slow down and unwind feeling a lot more relaxed.
It’s a bit bewildering to me. Would appreciate any help in the interpretation :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33/Female/ Dubai - UAE

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} NO

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: No control over the car

Bassi,
The stressful times certainly contribute to the dream images. It is in these times of great stress we often feel out of control. Th car/plane that is not yours is that part of yourself that you do not feel is your normal self, the stressed out self. Neither the less you are driving the vehicle because it is you. There have been many emotional twists and turns recently which can be terrifying when you are not your normal stable self. It seems you are unaware of what will happen next and there is dread things will crash down on you. But even with these unusual emotional times of stress there is that normal person who knows it will be OK. Most fears in life are unrealized because we tend to make them into more than they are. And when under great stress it is more so. Dreams reflect the emotional self at the time you have the dream. Stressful times will cause stressful dreams. The last part of the dream reflects the last couple of days where you have been able to relax. Even if the dreams were before you were able to wind down your psyche knew you would.

On the other hand. There are always deeper issues and every dream has at least two meanings/applications. Do you have insecurities about yourself that need attention? Are emotional sharp turns a part of your life? The dream could also be addressing the deeper issues. Those that go back to the foundations of your personality and life, early childhood and forward.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Re: No control over the car

Thank you so much Jerry for your interpretation. I can pretty much relate to what you said and I believe it is more or less what I've been going through lately - not being sure of so many things, being in a race with myself, trying to think way ahead of so many things that I don't have control over in reality. I am, however, quite relieved to be more relaxed and less stressed these days. The dream did not repeat again.
Thank you once again! :)
Have a wonderful day!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33/Female/ Dubai - UAE

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} NO

stats from 7-14-10 to the present