www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: A wild ride (long)

Samantha,
    I've gone about analyzing this second part differently. I have taken each sentence {again, the proper sentence/paragraph structure helps in understanding the dream} and provided my interpretation. I do sense several patterns, some related to the first part of the dream, the part about Dominick being a separate pattern. Here is the breakdown and then I will summarize what I sense.

The scene changes to dominicks school, terrebonne where we meet up with him to find an infirmary ( I have no ******* clue why we were looking for an infirmary in a school now, but it made sense in the dream).

** Looking for a learning experience that heals

As we ascend the first flight of stairs, (and again, ironically note this set of stairs is much longer and higher up than any real life staircase) I painfully follow until I lose my balance towards the top and desperately grasp in search of the handrail that isnt there, and fall down this absurdly long flight of stairs, toppling down, end over end, hitting every stair along the way and sustain more bodily injuries.

** consciously out of balance, searching for support which isn't there. sustain self image injuries

Jon and dominick run down to assess the extra damage. I feel like I have a concussion. Even though I know I am dreaming, I know that I cannot fall asleep under any circumstance because I could die, despite the fact that in the dream, I am extremely tired at this point.

** unconscious emotional injuries. fear of an awareness of unconscious aspects which would drain you emotionally

We walk through a basketball game going on where people point and ask what happened. The bright lights and sounds fill my senses and a feeling of adrenaline overcomes me.

** seeking to become whole, illumination comes from the inner self

All of our clothes are tattered, save for dominick because he was not involved in the accident, but I am mainly the one covered in my own blood, who drew all of the attention towards us.

** injuried personal. covered by emotional energies

I am pointed in the direction of a bathroom where I can clean myself up a little bit.

** partially eliminating the negative emotions

I enter the bathroom to wash up and catch my reflection in the mirror. I see the damage done to my face and discover that my bottom tooth is completely missing and the top one is half missing. At this point, I feel very angry because in the real world, anything that happens to my teeth is one of my biggest fears. I feel so ugly knowing that the teeth were gone. Anger takes a backseat to self loathing, because of my physical appearance.

** unconscious damage reflected in your conscious life. lacking self respect reflected by self image.

Leaving the gym, Jon is still trying to make me his, even with my disfigured face and broken body (hello dream logic, i shouldnt have been able to move, let alone walk this far). He tries to hold my hand and kiss me and tell me that I am still beautiful regardless. I feel flattered, but nothing more than that, which is a relief.

** leaving your inner self and focusing on your conscious ego. unable to progress emotionally because of past experiences. need to recognize and accept past so to find harmony

We search through the whole school, and once dominick catches on to what jon is trying to do, he begins to fight with jon over me, even though I am so mangled, which to me makes absolutely no sense (and I know that in the real world, I am married).

** Discovering some of the causes of emotional distress. Exposing the inner conflicts. Inner wounded self needs acceptance

At this point I am limping horribly because we have walked so far and looked to no avail for an infirmary.

** emotional imbalance due to a lack of healing

Hallways. Many hallways, corridors, and -cringe- stairwells resembling architecture from the early 20th century design for schools. It faintly reminded me of my high school, except the tiles on the walls and floor were red and yellow instead of the green and yellow that I was familiar with.

** Many emotional connections from past, emotional self stained and injuried

Finally, we stumble upon a nurse that completely numbs my aching face and body with pain medicine and splints my leg and I feel extremely high.

** healing phase for conscious ego through inner therapy

My mother only suffered mild injuries from the crash somehow and refused to apologize to me, which I find strange in the dream because I know that my mother is not truly this way. She only has a few scrapes and bruises and has this almost maniacal behavior in the dream, and it worries me greatly. She explained that in the vehicle, she was just trying to have some fun, and that I was just the collateral damage (ouch, much?).

** you as the mother, recognzing the influences of the injuried self. consciously you seem only partially injuried but unconsciously there are greater injuries. the last sentence may be a literal truth

Scene changes again to just me and dominick alone together by a moonlit lake at night. Because i am still numb from the medicine and I still feel high, I know that my words are coming out garbled and are hard to understand. The conversation we had was deep, though i cannot recall its content.

** working with emotional self {Dominick}. fear of inner revelations. not able to understand inner conflicts

We are sitting on a bench together in the moonlight under a tree. After a while, we start kissing passionately, and I feel very happy. We are alone for a while, until jon shows up and finds us, and when he does, he breaks down in tears exclaiming and questioning how I could do this to him.

** unsure of/lacking emotional development. acceptance of past treacheries and giving emotions to it

I get up from the bench and finally tell him that when we were together, I cheated on him. I never told him in real life.

** cheating oneself

I can see that what I said had broken not only his heart, but spirit as well. With tears in his eyes, he walks away and that was the last time that I saw him.

** fragmented emotional self. letting go of past emotional experiences.

I turn back to find dominick on the bench waiting for me to come back and sit down. I limp back, and notice little blinking lights of all different colors shimmering in the air over the lake and a feeling of peace overcomes me.

** finding acceptance of inner conflicts with help from Dominick.

Next to the bench, a blanket appeared, and dominick picked me up and gently laid me down. With him by my side, I closed my eyes, feeling a deep affection for him, then a falling sensation overtook me and I woke up.

** need for a healer, someone to help you emotionally

I'll provide a summary in a separate post.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A wild ride (long)

Samantha,
    My sense is the dream is addressing issues related to your past relationship with Jon, the emotional harm you brought on yourself and a need to resolve that inner conflict. There may be lingering personal feelings but the primary message is the emotional conflict related to your actions.

I also sense issues related to your mother, perhaps one particular issue in general. I think the presence of your mother in the dream is both a literal association to that relationship as well as she being you {related to inherent tendencies and possibly shared experiences}. You may have traits or tendencies from earlier life that motivate your actions in the present time. Is there something you know of that would fit here? And/ or is there an experience related to her that has an important bearing on the relationship?

As for Dominick and the intimacy in the dream. Unless there are true feelings along those lines {probably not} then it would represent the intimate relationship of someone who is helping you heal emotionally. His is a teacher helping you explore the inner emotions. You need someone to help with the inner conflicts, some of which are conscious {the waking life conflicts you have in life} but others are unconscious. It is the unconscious energies that motivate you and have unconscious control over who you are and how you act that need the most healing. If he is someone who can help with that them he is of greater value than you may realize. Otherwise he may be a shoulder to cry on which in itself is therapy {although much less that what you need}. Explore the mother relationship possibilities and see what you come up with. My sense from the dream there is a great internal struggle related to an experience or experiences in earlier life that have an influence over you. that is what needs to be healed the most and then the rest of your emotional conflicts can be resolved.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present