Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Welcome to the New Dream Forum for Younger People & Adolescents

The first thing you need to do is to read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams. It is a short summary of how I analyze and interpret dreams {using the concepts and theories of psychologist Carl Jung and will help you understand my analysis and interpretation.

Welcome to the new dream forum specifically designed for younger people and adolescents. Because dreams of older people need a different analysis than those of younger people and adolescents I designed this forum for just for that purpose. It will be pretty much like my original forum except I will ask for more information in my initial response to the dreamer's post. This is because younger people/adolescents have dreams more likely to be focusing on current life issues rather than the deeper emotional issues older adults tend to have. And because a trained dream analysis can at best see around the periphery of any dream and not what the exact experience is about, a younger person's dreams will more likely focus on recent personal experiences, something only the dreamer can know about. Sometimes it is possible to be very specific to what the dream message is but often {and as with older people} the dreamer must put the pieces together and determine what recent experience the dream is attempting to communicate. Dreams are about our emotions so any experience you have in life {usually during the previous few days before the dream} that holds emotional energies/conflicts are subject to be the topic of your dreams.

I chose the age 25 as a cut off because those below that age are still in the 'building' years of life, choosing a career, marriage, family, looking ahead to the future. Older people, especially past the age of 40, tend to have dreams that 'look back' at the accumulate experiences and emotional issues that need attention and resolution. Older people's dreams tend to be 'easier' to analyze because they are less about recent personal experiences {at least as the primary focus} and more about the 'deeper' issues. Most images/actions in dreams are symbolic and metaphorical and these images/actions most always have a 'universal' pattern. A younger person's dreams, being more about recent life experiences, often lack these recognizable patterns and although still with the images being symbolic and metaphorical will need more personal information to be understood to what the dream message is. As with all dreams I analyze I want to provide as correct interpretation as possible. My intent is to help the dreamer understand their dreams because what is in the dream is what and who the dreamer really is {as opposed to the perceived impression of the waking ego self}. What you really feel and who really are is in the dream whereas you may hide or not know this real self outside the dream.

I do want to point out that younger people can have similar dreams as an older person. These dreams will focus on very emotional issues such as physical/psychological abuse, traumatic life experiences and/or issues that have emotional energies that cause great conflict. They will also point to early life issues of parenting where the amount and quality of attention, love and acceptance were lacking from parents. If your parents are divorced and the experiences related to that have had a deep impact on the psyche then dreams will try to help resolve those issues. The building blocks for every person that lived are basically from childhood {especially early childhood} and whatever was lacking in terms of a quality/balanced/progressive childhood will go with the person throughout life and will often have an influence who the person becomes including personality. There are a lot of variables in analyzing dreams and age is most important yo properly interpret any dream. This forum should help me in better understanding the posted dreams by younger people and allow me to provide a better interpretation.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present