Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Journey to a Better Place (Long)

This is a dream I had recently, and is rather vivid that it's been stuck in my mind.

The people and places I see in my dream are strangers to me in my normal life so any references to acquaintances/ places are how I view them in the dream.

I start in my home town, which seems to be a dark depressing place (almost like a disaster/ war has taken place) when a friend says that he knows of a place where we can have a better life. So we set off, he sets off ahead of me and I do not see him again as I walk at my own pace.

The path I take leads me to a river, as I approach I see several people walking from the river, soaking wet as though they had fallen in and were walking to my old home as there seems to be a rule that you can only attempt to cross the river once, if you fall in you cannot try again.

At the river side, there are people looking at the boats, unsure if they should attempt to cross. I decide to try.

The boat is a small yellow pedal boat, when I climb in I am unsure at first how to operate the boat. I soon work out how it works and I pick up speed. As I get faster the front of the boat seems to lift and the back takes on water. If I stop pedalling the boat goes back onto the water and the water leaves the boat allowing me to float. It's then I allow the boat to just take me along the river.

The river itself is a normal moving river, not calm neither rough and almost like an amusement park ride.

As I come to the end of the river/ ride I come to an alleyway, there are posters on the walls telling me about the first person to attempt this journey and how he set the place I am about to enter as a place where people who follow in his footsteps can have a start at their better life.

I leave the boat and enter this massive waiting room, the place is light and full of happy people having themselves completed the journey like me. There is an automatic queuing system where you take a number and wait to be called.

However, there is also a lottery style where at random a number is called which allows people who may feel they have a long wait have a chance of being called sooner. I pick my ticket and shortly my number is called. When it is called everyone starts clapping and cheering for that person/ me. When I realise it's my number I try to shout that its me but can't and start moving towards the door.

At the door to my new life I see a female, whom I am in love with. Before I go in, she asks me if I had anything to tell her. I tell her, stumbling for words, rather than coming straight out that I love her I say that I have been infatuated with her since I first saw her!

To that she responds "You could have worded that better" and we walk off into our new life.

Thanks in advance

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, Male, United Kingdom

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A Journey to a Better Place (Long)

Steve,
It will be Sunday morning before I will be able to fully analyze your dream. I will say that the beginning of the dream seems to be pointing to a 'place' in your life that was dark and depressing. It could relate to early life or/and a more recent time. I say or/and because it could be both with the any early life experiences having an influence or bearing on later life experiences of 'depression'. Either way the friend {a positive aspect of yourself} knows there is a better place {emotionally if not financially/socially} and you have set in motion efforts to get there {whether it be psychological or/and whatever else there may be that takes you to this better place}. It does seem there are a lot emotional energies involved {river flow}.

Let me analyze the whole dream and see where it leads. Saturdays are dedicated to 'social obligations' and Sunday I will have the needed time to provide a comprehensive interpretation.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Steve,
After looking at your dream in-depth here is what I come away with. Exactly where and how it fits in your life you will have to determine.

Strong emotional flow related to your 'original' self {the principles you were brought up with} that was a depressing place to be in. It was a place where you were drenched in emotional conflict. Those aspects rule your unconscious life which extend to your conscious personality and motivate who you are in the present. It is not a place you wish to be and need to or/and are contemplating making changes in your life. You are having difficulties making the transition. When you do make progress the underlying unconscious energies slow you down. But not to try, leave things as they are makes it worse. You are going with the flow which sidetracks you from the needed changes.

The destination you need to get to is a place in time you either were or/and the original intent of the better life you intended. This may be addressing original intentions that have been sidetracked. You need to follow those steps where you were disciplined enough to see progress. Instead of working to make progress you are merely waiting, expecting it to automatically happen {which it won't}. You are passively looking for good luck to turn things around, expecting faith to call your number. You can visualize what a better life would be like but the unconscious emotions/motivators are too strong and you are more prone to think than do. You can do more, much more in achieving that better place in life you seek.

The reluctance/inability is partly due to the foundations in life, those early life experiences/influences that shaped your personality and psyche. The tendencies in your life is to 'go with the flow' instead of taking charge and making things happen. There is good chance one or both of your parents possessed this trait. Either way my sense is you need to get busy ad actively pursue the needed changes for a better emotional life instead of waiting for it 'just to happen'. What may make tht difficult is the personality traits from early life, those aspects being very strong to overcome.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your responses and from what your have written, in large makes a lot of sense.

About four years ago I was made redundant and quite fortunate that my partner's parents allowed us to move in with them to allow us to save our money to buy a property. I was also fortunate to quickly get a job. At that point, things were looking up in all aspects.

Approximately 3 years ago the marriage failed and I moved out to a flat of my own and from your interpretation need to get back (emotionally rather than physically) to where I was four years ago - which makes a lot of sense to me.

You are right, my parents, mostly my father had a "go with the flow" attitude to life.

Again thanks for taking the time to interpret my dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, Male, United Kingdom

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present