Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Publicly in my Underwear

Hello! I hope someone could help me to understand a dream I had last night. Currently I'm taking a psychology course, and we are learning about Freud's dream analysis, but because so many of his theories have been disproven, maybe another fresh pair of eyes could help me.

There seems to be two short dreams, tied together by one tiny thing. It was my birthday.
It starts when I am in my school's gymnasium, and a big projector is playing a movie me and my birthday guests are watching. I have plenty of friends sure, but there seemed to be hundreds of people there, laying on sheets and pillows. Soon however, we all seem to fall asleep. In the dream i'm half awake trying to get comfortable, when I accidentally kick the boy sleeping next to me, who happens to be my crush in real life. He wakes up and offers me a pillow, which I gladly accept. Now, in real life, every night before bed I get up for a glass of water, and in my dream I did just thas, except when I left the gym, I was in the hallway of my own home. I walked to my bedroom, and there I saw four boys, one of whom happened to be another crush of mine. This crush of mine, is dead asleep in my bed. I chat with the other three, then that portion of the dream ends.
In the next portion, it is still my birthday, but it is daytime. My family and I are in the car driving to my favorite diner for celebration. When we get there and exit the car, I notice i'm not wearing any pants! Just a pair of blue underwear that I actually do own! I walk down the sidewalk, hoping that maybe nobody will notice, but everyone does, so my sister offers to let me borrow a pair of pajama shorts with girly frogs on them (I actually own those as well), that are laying in the car. When I change into those, the skin of my legs, down to just the top of my ankles, are a different skin color then my own ( I have light brown skin, while this was just plain Caucasian). I am about to take off that lighter skin (for some reason), and then I woke up.

Any Idea what this could possibly mean? Thank you, Natasha.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15 New York

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Most Likely

Re: Publicly in my Underwear

Natash,
I'll provide and an analysis of your dream Friday {using Jungian psyche}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Publicly in my Underwear

Natasha,
My sense is the first dream is focused on relationship with boys and acceptance by them. You are seeking inner guidance when it comes to this issue and acceptance of who you are {by boys} is an important aspect. There may be issues with self esteem when it comes to boys. Birthday often symbolize you are honoring yourself as a person and you seek/need acceptance for being the person you are.

The second dream is also focused on the 'birthday' symbolism but in a conscious way {daytime represents consciousness, nighttime unconscious}. Also issues of your physical appearance, fears of being accepted for your physical appearance.

In summary you are at that stage when boys and acceptance by them is important. You want to be and generally probably do feel comfortable in your own "skin' but worry what others/boys think. Being your true self is the first inclination but again there are fears if you are that may not being appealing and may 'expose' you to negative reactions. This is normal stuff for teens your age.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present