Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My mom

Anonymous,
In your dream there seems to have been something to do with your father {related to your mother or aspects about her} you may have just learned about {he opened the bedroom door}. This changed things which presented a need for healing {hospital room}.

In the second paragraph I sense a depiction of your mother being a provider of nourishment {breasts} but in a position of weakness. Since you were not supposed to be there the dream may be pointing to something to do with the relationship with her. The unusual thing is 'her standing up like that'. This may be related to the thing you learned about from the first paragraph.

The last paragraph may point to the fact she is no longer alive physically but emotionally there is something that was confusing/shocking. The fact you had to force yourself to wake up may point to not wanting to deal with what you have recently learned.

The other possibility to the dream has to do with your mother as a provider of nourishment and unable to do that any longer {her death}. This is a possibility that partially fits but not fully in a pattern I can discern from the dream language. It would be 'nourishment' she provided to your father but not you. The surprise would be something you just learned.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,

Thank you for your response. The only thing I can think of regarding my father related to my mother that I just learned is that he felt that it was his full responsibility to keep her alive and he blames himself for her death.

I fully agree that the second paragraph depicts my mom being a provider of nourishment (breasts), but in a position of weakness, especially since she was weak for the past few months, and even while in the hospital she provided for me the best that she could.

The reason why felt I wasn't supposed to be there was because since my mom was standing up and didn't notice that I was in the doorway, she may have been getting ready to change her clothing. As for "her standing up like that", I don't see how this can be related to my father feeling that it was his full responsibility to keep her alive and blaming himself for her death. At this point in time I can't think of anything else that I learned about him recently in regards to my mom.

Regarding the last paragraph, what is confusing/shocking emotionally is that my mom has always been able to bounce back from things no matter how physically or mentally taxing it was on her, and I had a lot of faith that she would do it again. When I said that I had to force myself to wake up, I didn't mean that I was trying to wake up and was having a difficult time doing it- I meant that I forced myself to wake up because I realized that my mom, who was standing up in front of me, was dead. I didn't understand how that was possible, and as far as I previously knew that wasn't possible. It wasn't as if I thought she had died and it turned out I was mistaken- I knew she had died and yet she was standing right in front me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39/Male & Fayetteville, NC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Anonymous,
I do believe your learning about how your father felt is what the dream is primarily focused. The first part of a dream sets the stage for what the dream message is about. What may not have been addressed is your emotions concerning some part of the relationship, something 'unusual' that is not or was not normal. These are your emotions {your dreams are about you} so the response would be yours. Examine the part of the dream where it states, "Wait a minute- she usually hasn't been standing up like that!". Is there something that would fit with this action that affects you emotionally? The last paragraph should also be considered with the above statement. See if this fits somewhere.

A statement about dream analysis/interpretation. Anyone who has an ability to 'read' dreams can at best read the periphery of a dream and not be exact to what the message is. The dreamer will need to see where the analysis fits. Normally a good 'read' will prompt the dreamer to see associations and understand where the interpretation does fit. Few dreams provide an exact depiction of what the conscious or emotional experience is. All dreams are about the dreamer's emotions and everything within a dream is related to those emotions {issues that cause an emotional conflict}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present