www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Soul and Egg

Abriel,
    It will be Sunday before I will be able to provide analyze of your dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Cant wait.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18/Male/FL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Abriel,
    I won't break down all the images because there are so many. Here is my analysis in summary.

This is your life, vacant areas {emotional} stored emotions {warehouses}, emotional energies that can be consciously threatening {unconscious motivators you may not be aware of, ignore or repress}. The thugs are those emotional energies. Only by going within {psychological} can you elevate yourself out of the control of these emotional energies. You have difficulty in doing this. And because of these unconscious motivations {early life influences/experiences} you are emotionally vulnerable and susceptible to be easily influenced {may be pointing to spiritual or religious influences}. The egg may be promises of greater things, your vulnerable emotions. The egg image and the surroundings may be archetypal and the painting holding the key to the emotional influences the dream is attempting to convey. There may be a warning because your attention is focused solely on the egg and table. From the painting: words 'Ab eo, Quod nigram caudum habet abstine terrestrium enim decorum est'. This roughly translates as: 'Keep away from any with a black tail, indeed, this is the beauty of the earth.' You are in need of a transformation but what you are entertaining may be more emotionally dangerous than you realize.

Look at the symbolize of the painting and apply it to your life in context to recent experiences. Pay attention to the influences I noted. See this page {scroll down to the photo of the egg}. http://christiengholson.blogspot.com/2012/04/world-of-leonora-carrington-part-ii.html

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

That was a great analysis. Leonora Carrington is definitely one of my favorite painters. I've been meaning to do more research and studies on her and her work especially because of her great use of alchemical symbolism in her paintings. I got great insight from that analysis, and i will definitely try my best to instill the message seen within the dream, into my life. I've been trying to remember some more dreams recently but I haven't remembered one in a while, but when i do, ill definitely give the dream to you for help with analysis.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Abriel,
    The creative aspects, painting, writing, music, and in my case web design are expressions of the true self. Jung discovered within us all a spiritual aspect and creativity is one aspect of the spiritual Self because we are sharing from the soul when we create to share with others. When a person takes on the task of traveling 'inward' {a psychological search} they not only begin to resolve emotional conflicts/issues they also discover their true being. This is most always based on creative abilities {or spiritual endeavors such as serving others in some way}. Your connecting with this painting suggests there is something within it that touches your soul. Often whatever that is the person/persona that painted it had similar experiences/issues. They are expressing the true self through the painting, the creative aspect.

The same hold true for myths. They are the universal patterns of experience/behavior and the storyteller/writer is expressing a pattern within their psyche. The myth is the collective/universal dream, the dream a personal myth. Dreams and myths share the same archetypal images and energies. The 'energies' expressed in a story or even a painting that touches ones soul usually possesses properties that affect the person who examines the creative piece. Learning from a story, realizing the meaning from a painting, can help a person realize, understand and resolve personal issues. Our dreams reveal what is true in the soul as well as the personal psyche. Bringing out what is within can bring about wholeness {I say can to illustrate the importance of discipline in staying the path and following through}. In doing this the person becomes a hero in their own life and often a hero in other people's lives. The hero pattern is what the myths are all about.

Jerry

Thanks for the response, sorry for the late reply, didn't know you were gonna reply back one more time. Almost remembered a dream the other day, but not quite. When i do though, i would love to bring it to you for analysis. I've become very interested, over the years, in searching inward; mostly because at a younger age I always had a good understanding and foundation of my inner landscape, but that slowly changed, so now there's a lot of discernment and change coming and for some reason it's hard trying to instill that change.

Abriel,
    Do post any future dreams. Dreams are an excellent way to help gauge your progress in personal and spiritual growth. Jung discovered a spiritual aspect as an inherent quality of the psyche. The creative is an aspect of the spiritual since through our creative self we are sharing the experiences that help elevate the person to a higher aspect of being {spiritual/creative}. Of course the psychological must be a part of any inward search but it is often by going inward psychologically one discovers the spiritual/creative {what is often considered the metaphysical}. Art is an excellent form of expression of the true self and an outlet as well. As Joseph Campbell tells us, follow your bliss and doors will open where there were barriers. The creative is most often the bliss people seek.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present