Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bobcat

I was in the garden with my partner and our two sons. My partner and I moved a large structure (can't remember what exactly) across the grass, revealing a large hole in the ground. The hole was very deep and loose soil was falling down into it. We backed away from the hole and a cat type animal appeared from inside it. It had patches of bright, almost florescent orange fur on it's face, chest and tail. It was slightly larger than a domestic cat. I said "Oh wow! It's a long-tailed bobcat". I quickly grabbed my son's phone and took two photos. The first shot was blurred but the second was a really good photo. The bobcat jumped out and ran around the grass before disappearing back down into the hole. My dog gave chase and I called him in an attempt to stop him but he didn't stop. He jumped into the hole, also disappearing beneath the loose soil. Seconds later, my dog emerges from the hole followed by the bobcat. We all sat down on some chairs in order to observe the bobcat without frightening it away. It wandered about for a short time and then approached us where we were sitting. It jumped onto my partners lap and then hopped onto each of us in turn. My sons both reached up to stroke its head as it stepped onto them. I wanted to caution them but soon realized that the bobcat was comfortable with being petted, so I relaxed a little.
Later, I was sat with two other mothers and I wanted to show them the photo but I couldn't find my sons phone. End.

I have no associations linked to bobcats, I vaguely remember seeing pictures in books but couldn't even describe what they look like.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Bobcat

Nicola,
I'll provide an analysis on Tuesday for your dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Great, thanks Jerry.

Nicola,
Here is my sense of your dream.

A positive conscious life but with a large issue in your personal psyche life that possesses deep emotional energies. It is something that could affect your whole being if and when it is 'let loose' and not under control. My sense it has to do with the experiences from earlier life, something you have to be cautious of and contained. By containing the energies you do not let it take control of you emotionally. Being able to control this issue prevents it from affecting your whole being as well as affecting your actual family. Whatever the issue you either have it under control or believe you have it under control. It could very well be a 'mother' issue {two mothers}.

Is there are issue or an actual experience from early life that has the ability to emotionally affect you if you allow it to 'take control'? Are their issues with your mother?

Jerry

Oh wow.
Yes. That makes sense. You have definitely hit the nail there.
The emotional energies surround my current situation and issues within my relationship. I've reason to suspect my partner of being unfaithful, something I have already confronted him about and he adamantly denies. I don't believe him. Those are the emotional energies which I am containing and keeping under control.
However, I am consciously aware of this. Which leaves me with the question, what is the dream telling me that I don't already know?
Does this additional information help you gain any further insight?

I've thought more on this. I can understand how each symbol in the dream represents what's happening in my mind. I'm keeping calm on the surface, but also keeping my suspicions/insights visible (bright orange) in my mind. I won't allow them to disappear back underground. A part of me is going into the hole and bringing it back to the surface whenever I begin to lose sight of it. I'm being cautious, patiently observing and trying not 'frighten' it back underground. Whatever the outcome, I want to minimize any negative effects this may have on our two sons.

The two mothers may represent my other options. One being a single mother and the other a divorcee who has recently got engaged. Due to the fact that I somewhat dislike both women, I must say that my psyche has selected unfavorable examples of both situations.
It seems to be indicating that I'm taking the best course of action which is available at present. Perhaps providing reassurance that I'm on the right track, rather than trying to show me an alternative route.

Do you think that I've missed anything which I might need to consider further?

Nicola,
The dream may be re-enforcing what you already know so to insure you take action to resolve the conflicts. That is what dreams do. Their purpose could merely be you have this emotional conflict and you are dealing with it both consciously and unconsciously {through your dreams}. If there is direction you should take it would usually be the last part of the dream. In your dream the statement is:

I wanted to caution them but soon realized that the bobcat was comfortable with being petted, so I relaxed a little.

Later, I was sat with two other mothers and I wanted to show them the photo but I couldn't find my sons phone. End.

The last part about the two mothers ends with "I couldn't find my son's phone". That may point to a communication problem. Assuming you have a son this may have to do with you being a mother which could be related to the two positions as a mother you mention. But again there is a communication issue and an inability to access these two aspects. The photo may represent a need to bring attention to these two 'mothers'. This final statement in the dream is what Jung called Lysis or the climax of the dream {see Dream Structure}. How does the dream end? Has the situation changed from the beginning of the dream? How are things left?

Look at the two mothers in as many aspects that may fit. As I stated previously every dream, every image can have at least two or more meanings/applications. Very often one of the applications has to do with early life influences/experiences. Look at the relationship/position of your mother {was she divorced?} and see if there are any associations. The early life associations may be pointing to personality traits and how you handle certain situations. This may be what is not known. Let me know what you come up with.

Jerry

My mother has been divorced twice. The first time when I was 2-3 years of age. The second time when I was 26.

The two mothers are sisters who I met at aged 10. One is my age and the other is 18 months older. As a child, I admired the older sister whenever she was being kind and friendly towards me. She would alternate between being my friend and being mean to me or generally causing trouble. Once I reached a stage where I was no longer intimidated by her, I rejected her attempts at initiating friendship.
She has appeared in a few other dreams over the years.

The younger sister was quieter, less mean, but still a bit of a trouble causer. The two of them, along with another girl, did have a negative impact on my self-confidence at the time. It took me a couple of years to gain that confidence back again.
I see them in passing occasionally, but as an adult, have never had more than brief conversations with them.

I can't think of any more associations with these women.

The dream changed from being in the garden, which resembled my parents old garden. I lived there on & off from age 10-18, (we moved around a bit, but still had the house) to being in a small sitting room.

The sitting room very much resembles the sitting room at my old best friends house. I spent a lot of time there at age 8-9. Her mother was divorced, suffered with a mental illness and this often resulted in her being neglectful of her children. Not buying food or washing clothes and being too oblivious to supervise them and take care of their daily needs. We didn't spend much time in this particular room. One occasion when my friend and I were in this room, an incident occurred involving her mothers drunk boyfriend.
I have been working on communication issues that I experienced later, relating to men, which I came to realize largely stemmed from this incident.

The possible communication issue which you mentioned may be associated with that communication issue, which I thought I was dealing with and making progress with.
Unless of course there's another communication issue in addition to that one.

There were a few dream fragments came to me whilst I was contemplating this dream.

First fragment- I walked with the old man from next door through his shed. It had cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and a lot of plants growing in pots, like a greenhouse inside, but without windows. There were open doors at both ends, we entered through the doors at one end and exited through the others.

Second fragment - At his gate, he tried to kiss me. I'm aware he's a 'dirty old man', he's behaved this way before, I turn and walk away, that's what I usually do.

Third fragment- Later, my youngest son told me the old man had whispered in his ear. Thinking that the old man wasn't as harmless as I'd previously thought, I stormed round to the old man and asked him what he had whispered in my sons ear. He laughed, explained himself and I realized it was nothing to be concerned about. I think that he might be a 'dirty old man' which I can tolerate and deal with, at least my kids aren't in any danger which obviously I wouldn't tolerate.

Next fragment, I've returned to our old home to collect the last few pieces of our belongings that we had not yet collected.

I'm thinking the 'mother' aspect might be related to switching between attitudes, the woman from my childhood who would be friendly and then not friendly. My best friends mother would switch from her neglectful, oblivious state to being present and observant. Which would sometimes be a little frightening.
I see the connection there to 'two mothers', because both those examples were like two different people.

Sorry about the long post and how long it took to reply.

Nicola,
I'll provide a detailed response Sunday. The additional info should provide insights to your dreams which of course are reflective of your true self. I'll see what I can ascertain from the fragments you provided.

Jerry

Nicola,
The 'mothers' in your dream I referenced and the fact your mother has been married twice may have associations. The dream sentence, 'The first shot was blurred but the second was a really good photo' may be related in some way to this also. The cat falling into a hole may be referencing emotional energies, emotionally falling into a hole may point to a pitfall and could be associated with feelings of emptiness. A bobcat is a small cat which could be referencing small emotional energies {cats are felines which often points to emotional energies} that lies within the unconscious mind. It could be the two marriages are an emotional force in your life. Look to these relationships and the time frames and determine what emotional energies there may be that caused conflicts. Are there any possible unconscious motivations related yo the marriages that would affect you and/or your marriage {It/bobcat jumped onto my partners lap and then hopped onto each of us in turn}.

Then there are the ages 10 and 18. Could these have associations to the 'mothers' being your mother? Look at the years you were 10 ad 18 and see if there are any associations. The older mother at 18 and the dialog about 'she' would be referencing you, she is you. This could be you at 18, in a better position than when you were 10. Did you have issues at 10 with your mother. The trouble causer could have been you or it could relate to 'causing trouble' for you. Specific ages in dreams often are references to those years in the dreamer's life. You state there were issues that caused problems of self confidence. a good possibility these dreams are about the past experiences that may remain unresolved and/or are motivators {unconscious} in the present. Look back at these years, the two marriages and the present and determine any associations.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present