Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Soul and Egg

That was a great analysis. Leonora Carrington is definitely one of my favorite painters. I've been meaning to do more research and studies on her and her work especially because of her great use of alchemical symbolism in her paintings. I got great insight from that analysis, and i will definitely try my best to instill the message seen within the dream, into my life. I've been trying to remember some more dreams recently but I haven't remembered one in a while, but when i do, ill definitely give the dream to you for help with analysis.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18/Male/FL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Abriel,
The creative aspects, painting, writing, music, and in my case web design are expressions of the true self. Jung discovered within us all a spiritual aspect and creativity is one aspect of the spiritual Self because we are sharing from the soul when we create to share with others. When a person takes on the task of traveling 'inward' {a psychological search} they not only begin to resolve emotional conflicts/issues they also discover their true being. This is most always based on creative abilities {or spiritual endeavors such as serving others in some way}. Your connecting with this painting suggests there is something within it that touches your soul. Often whatever that is the person/persona that painted it had similar experiences/issues. They are expressing the true self through the painting, the creative aspect.

The same hold true for myths. They are the universal patterns of experience/behavior and the storyteller/writer is expressing a pattern within their psyche. The myth is the collective/universal dream, the dream a personal myth. Dreams and myths share the same archetypal images and energies. The 'energies' expressed in a story or even a painting that touches ones soul usually possesses properties that affect the person who examines the creative piece. Learning from a story, realizing the meaning from a painting, can help a person realize, understand and resolve personal issues. Our dreams reveal what is true in the soul as well as the personal psyche. Bringing out what is within can bring about wholeness {I say can to illustrate the importance of discipline in staying the path and following through}. In doing this the person becomes a hero in their own life and often a hero in other people's lives. The hero pattern is what the myths are all about.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Thanks for the response, sorry for the late reply, didn't know you were gonna reply back one more time. Almost remembered a dream the other day, but not quite. When i do though, i would love to bring it to you for analysis. I've become very interested, over the years, in searching inward; mostly because at a younger age I always had a good understanding and foundation of my inner landscape, but that slowly changed, so now there's a lot of discernment and change coming and for some reason it's hard trying to instill that change.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18/Male/FL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Abriel,
Do post any future dreams. Dreams are an excellent way to help gauge your progress in personal and spiritual growth. Jung discovered a spiritual aspect as an inherent quality of the psyche. The creative is an aspect of the spiritual since through our creative self we are sharing the experiences that help elevate the person to a higher aspect of being {spiritual/creative}. Of course the psychological must be a part of any inward search but it is often by going inward psychologically one discovers the spiritual/creative {what is often considered the metaphysical}. Art is an excellent form of expression of the true self and an outlet as well. As Joseph Campbell tells us, follow your bliss and doors will open where there were barriers. The creative is most often the bliss people seek.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present