Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A dream my 11 year son had

My son recounted the dream to me very simply; I was working in a bronze mine or possibly I was the owner of the mine. My son had pulled on a string from a door. When he pulled the string a man came through and killed me. Perhaps, the man who killed me was the owner of the bronze mine. That is all my son told me besides the fact that the dream scared him.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: A dream my 11 year son had

Ryan,

A bronze mine could be addressing fatherly care in his {your son's} life, maintaining or establishing a relationship that would fulfill his emotional needs {gold whole represent wholeness, bronze a lesser material}. His pulling on a string from a door may represent removing barriers or opening new opportunities that would provide binding and cohesion in the father/son relationship {you as the father possess the power as the owner to provide this}. His pulling the string would bring about a change {death/killing in dreams represents an end to something} in you. His unconscious feelings are you do possess the power to do this {you killing that part of you that is lacking in the relationship}.

Two possibilities to my analysis. Either he feels he is not receiving the attention and acceptance in the relationship with you or the dream is merely re-enforcing the inherent archetypal energies we are all born with, the inherent need for love, attention and acceptance between father and son. If he were older I would definitely look to the first possibility since at an older age the father/son relationship has been established and any lack of wholesome relationship would be an emotional conflict that needs resolution {such lack of a fatherly relationship often motivators more personality and behavior in later life}. But at eleven, and if the relationship is strong, then kit could merely be the archetypal energies in play {think of these energies as with a turtle knowing to run toward the ocean when hatched from the egg-they know naturally what to expect}.

What you need to consider is how strong is the relationship with your son. Do you spend enough time to provide the love and acceptance a son needs? The early years in life are the most important and building a strong relationship is vital to a child's mental health. The dream may be revealing unconscious if not conscious emotions. If the relationship is 'very strong' then look to the archetypal associations. But consider the actual relationship since it can be most important to your son's well being.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks, jerry. I think I have a good relationship with my son. However, I think I need to spend more time with him.
I think he is also feeling a little lost being in 5th grade and about to enter middle school next year where is best friend is. My 11 year old is also an adopted boy from China. He came into our family when he was 2 and 3/4 years old. He bonded well with me right away. But he is still struggling some with speech issues as he is a cleft palette patient. He receives speech therapy once a week and has had all the surgeries he has needed to correct his palette.

thanks again for your help.

Ryan

Ryan,
There could be both elements involved in his dream. You have a good relationship with your adopted son but it could be better. My sense, and experience, is he, at least unconsciously, feels the relationship could be better. He came into this world with inherent expectations and if he is adopted it can be assumed he did not receive the expected nourishment from birth from a mother and father. Because if his situation his need for bonding with you is even greater. Further explanation.

An adopted child at such an early age did not have the necessary parental re-enforcement {the archetypes/archetypal father I noted in my original analysis} and thus would have emotional energies that caused a void to be filled. The first thing an infant 'naturally' looks for upon birth is nourishment {in the mother's breasts} and security, in the form of closeness to the mother. We all are born with these 'instincts' and when they are not there we are at a deficit at the beginning of life. These expectations continue throughout childhood, the need for the child to form a 'strong' bond with mother and father. For a boy the father is the teacher of how to navigate the world. If there is no father there is no teacher unless someone steps in and fills that void {in early life at that}. Even then the archetypal energies have been interrupted which can cause psyche interference later in life. But you can rest assured that a child whose father {or step father in your case} does not provide 'strong' bonding will have an impact on the child's personality and actions throughout life. The foundations are what the life is built on and although the above structure may change the foundations do not {unless there is clinical help to resolve any issues}. Some of the issues will resolve themselves but the greater energies either must be fulfilled as a child or dealt with as an adult. If you need to provide more than you do it is important you do so. These dreams are how your son really feels. The conscious ego can cover up our true feelings but dreams strip away the ego and provide the true self. It may be necessary to take a good relationship with your son and make it into a great relationship. Could your father have done better? Most could and it does male a world of difference. I know from experience, a strong father/son relationship can determine how life unfolds in adulthood.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present