Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Meaning of couples in dreams

I have recently had a recurring theme that I am going through a maze or course of some type, or trying to get somewhere. The way is blocked by a man and woman, and I have to get around them to get where I need to be. In the last dream the way was blocked so I went into another room. In that room, I left my glasses on a shelf and my way to the glasses was blocked by two skunks, almost as if the theme had continued but the way was now blocked by skunks and not people--as if the people had turned into skunks. I had originally thought the man and woman symbolized marriage and that maybe something in my marriage was blocking my way. But the skunks seem to say something different. I am afraid of getting sprayed by skunks, but I find them to be somewhat mysterious. Any hints on this one? Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50/male

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Meaning of couples in dreams

Wo,
The maze would represent going through emotional twists and turns in your life. It could also represent the need to deal with an issue in a more direct way. Dreams attempt to reveal emotional issues so the dreamer can better understand them and find resolution. The issues your dream is attempting to communicate is blocked by a man and woman which may suggest the following:

Being blocked by a man and woman could represent two possibilities, both of which could apply. One would be an actual man and woman in your life {father and mother for instance, which would point to foundations to personality and why you react to certain experiences in life}. The other would represent masculine and feminine aspects within you {we all have both}. Jung called these anima/animus aspects. There is a reason your 'way was blocked', an emotional reason. Rooms often represent emotional aspects of the psyche. For some reason your path/way has caused you to abandon one approach and go another, which may suggest a different emotional response due to personal qualities you possess or inherited {if to do with parents}. Glasses can represent the ability to see clearly or understand something about yourself or some aspect in your life {relationships and how they affected you}. The skunks may represent a protection reaction toward the male/female, and/or a protection mold you possess due to an emotional response to the male/female {it could be both}. Because a first reaction was to think of your marriage may indeed have to do with a marriage {man and woman} but perhaps to do with someone else {parents} or a need to bring together masculine/feminine aspects within you {or both}.

Are there childhood issues to do with your parents? One aspect of the dream may be addressing those. At the same time, or instead of, the man and woman may represent aspects of personality that are blocked and prevent you from being whole {those could point back to childhood issues and the reason why I say and/or}. There is a possibility the dream is addressing a more recent experience to do with a man and woman, and/or an experience that stirred an emotional reaction to do with inner needs to do with masculine/feminine qualities. Something is not 'right' either way because these masculine/feminine qualities turned into skunks {something that smells}. Childhood experiences may be involved {parental experiences/influences in early life that block your way from being whole}. Your parents may be the skunks. Or, and, the skunks fit other persons in your life {a less likely possibility since no one was named in the dream}. Then there is the inner qualities that may be the skunks {which again be related to childhood but point to reasons why you react to certain situations that 'smell' in life. Let me know your response and if you can remember more from the dream or my analysis. That may provide more clues to the dream message.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Jerry,
Yes, I do have childhood issues regarding my parents. They divorced when I was 6, then I was estranged from my father for many years, even until he died in 2012. We were never able to really each other. And now as I turn middle-age, I see my mother in a different, not very sympathetic light. I think the couple might be them, blocking my way. The room I was trying to get into was the bathroom (where I relieve myself or clean myself). And when I get into that room, then I cannot find my way to see because of the skunks, which are also my parents. Not sure what to do however if my parents, one of whom is dead, are blocking my way to seeing things properly.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50/male/United States

Wo,
What you may need to do is to examine the relationships and determine what influences it may have had on your personality and on who you are as an adult. The dream statement, "almost as if the theme had continued but the way was now blocked by skunks and not people" may suggest there are aspects of their marriage or the experiences {theme} during your childhood that may influence your psyche as an adult. There may be a 'continuation' of some aspect related to that period of time that affects your personality. Are there any similarities to your marriage that may be related to your parents? Or personality traits you possess that may negatively affect you?

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64

stats from 7-14-10 to the present