Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shot in the Head and Survived

I was at a highschool, although I know I never went to any of the classes, when a group of men came in and started shooting. I wasn't a target at that point but some day in the near future, they returned to my school and I had no where to run so I laid down and a man walked over and shot me. I knew they were men buy couldn't see their faces. Apparently, some time had passed and I was standing in front of my friends asking if I had died. A girl responded with "No. You ask that everyday." That evening, after dark, the men showed up again and were holding a meeting in the parking lot. A guy friend and I pretended to be members so we could here but we wound up leaving in his car and he didn't want to take me back even though I needed to get my car. We were about to head back when we heard screaming from the school so he turned around and I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26/female/ USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Shot in the Head and Survived

Alexis,
I don't if my analysis will do much good since you stated you will not respond to my interpretation. A response not only provides feed back on my analysis but can often provide added information about the dream which could help with understanding the dream message. Once an analysis is provided there is often further thought by the dreamer about the waking life associations and this often opens up new thought about emotional issues not discovered, forgotten or repressed. Dreams are about the emotions and a prime function of dreams is to help resolve any emotional issues/conflicts.

As for your dream. My sense there are issues with masculine aspects and/or actual males. Unnamed men in a woman's dreams usually point to animus qualities, issues to do with conflicts related to masculine issues or inner masculine aspects {or both}. This would be the 'group of men came in and started shooting' language in the dream. Past experiences, some which may have happened during your high school years, may have a profound affect on you and along with early life experiences with males may have changed you in some way {shooting/dying you is symbolic of putting an end to something with a beginning of something new-a change}. Not having attended the classes may point to aspects which could point to emotional issues not realized or understood {unconscious contents}. This would be the dream language of the men's faces you could not see. You may actually know real males {I knew the men} involved in emotional experiences that have greatly affected your life. The passing time {in this scenario} would point to later life and the experiences from early life that changed you. These issues are controlling or influencing factors in your life {"you ask that everyday"}. The after dark language would point to unconscious aspects and the meeting in the parking lot is your psyche dealing with these issues {via the dream and its function in helping resolve emotional conflicts}. The 'pretending' may be 'personality trait' and leaving in 'his car' would be following a direction that is not your true intent {being in your car}. This would be a result of the influencing experiences from earlier in life, whether it be childhood, high school or both {the childhood experiences/influences may have had associations to some experience in high school}. The "leaving in his car and he didn't want to take me back even though I needed to get my car" could also be addressing a real experience as well as being symbolic {not unusual in dreams}. There is safety in your car/your true self but you are not in that position, possibly literally in one sense and metaphorically in your inner life. The heading back the screaming and turning around could also have two applications. One would be a real life experience and the second an unconscious impact/influence on you/your personality/life which did have a great influence on you.

My sense is the dream is addressing issues related to both early life experiences/influences as well as experiences during high school. The early life issues would have to do with experiences that formed who you are as an adult that would possess energies that could unconsciously control or influence who you are, how you think and your actions as an adult. Personality traits are formed in early life {usually by age 9} and the way you respond to later life experiences could be a result of early life 'training'. There may also be similar experiences from early life and later life {to do with males}. Are there issues with 'males' in your life? Your animus may be weak due to early life experiences with later life experiences also affecting your psyche.

A response to my analyze would be appreciated.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Sorry it took so long to respond. Please explain to me what an animus is. The term is foreign to me. You're most likely right. My past is a bit depressing when it come to men and it started when I was 5. I won't say I hate men but other than my step dad and brothers, I haven't had any good experiences with them. I have a habit of sabotaging my relationships when I start to get emotionally connected. At this point in my life, I feel like its safer to focus on my kids and not get involved. I don't understand, though, why I would have subconscious thoughts about any of it. I don't think about my past and I stay positive about my relationships during the rare times I think about it. I'm not angry anymore and it doesn't bother me when people ask me about it. This isn't the first dream about men that woke me up in the middle of the night. How do I make them go away?? They're always so real... I can actually feel the physical pain and still remember it like it was yesterday. Sometimes, I wonder if half of it was reality. Any advice on fixing it would be much appreciated. I don't want to push men away forever.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26/female/ USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Alexis,
Click on the word animus {in red} and it will take it to my page on Anima/Animus. In short the animus is the masculine aspects/tendencies within women. All women possess an animus and all men possess an anima {the feminine aspects}. An example of the animus would be the ability to take charge, to be independent, assertiveness, courage, etc. These abilities can be greatly damaged in early life if there is an emotional 'disturbance' in a woman's life. Or if the early life is full of experiences where a male exerts negative traits such as abandonment, physical and/or mental abuse, or there is a traumatic experience done to the female child by a male. Your negative experiences are likely the cause of your damaged animus. They become unconscious motivators for personality and actions in adulthood. Such damage is a primary reason for your sabotaging of relationships in your life. These cause an emotional conflict and a function of dreams is to help the person resolve such conflicts {just as the body has the immune system nature provide the psyche/psychology with dreams}. The negative energies associated with the conflicts are depicted in our dreams which have a language of symbol and metaphor {the house is a symbol and the metaphor is the house is you}.

In your dream there is a shooting and talk of dying. Death and dying seldom every are literal but represent an end to something which always has a beginning of something else/new. Your life was changed because of early life experiences/influences {what you witness/experienced as a child in men becomes a set image and unconscious motivator in later life}. Your sabotaging of relationships may be the symbolic reference of not learning lessons from previous experiences, and in the dream the language, "I was at a high school, although I know I never went to any of the classes." You tend to repeat the same patterns which are due to the unconscious motivators learned in childhood. You don't think about these negative energies because they are unconscious. Dreams are a direct link to the unconscious.

I do have a question to do with the high school reference in your dream. Was there any 'significant' experiences in high school that could add to your negative animus? All dreams, all dream images have at least two meanings/applications and although the 'learning' aspect I noted is likely one that fits in your life, usually the reference to a high school would also point to actual experiences in that time frame. You began life with a negative animus and any other significant negative experiences could add to that. A response to this question will be helpful since I am always wanting to learn about possible 'universal' patterns that occur in dreams. Time/time frame is often a major inclusion and focus of dreams and if the high school symbol is reflective of an actual experience, it would re-enforce the probability of my assumptions.

As for how to fix the negative animus, that would require either a thorough and prolonged self 'psyche' examination which in turn would require an in-depth knowledge of Jungian psyche. Or the more likely requirement the need to consult a therapist/psychologist to guide you through the process. Not just any therapist/psychologist but one with knowledge in Jungian psychology who preferably uses dreams to get to the unconscious contents. A 'usual' session with a non-Jungian psychologist may have taken several visits to get to what we have discovered by merely interpreting one dream. Such is 'the power of dreams'.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present