Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dark water

My dream began with the mailboxes in my apt.bldg had been removed from the wall. I was trying to call the Manager to find out where they were moved to. My devices kept changing into other devices. Next 2 families in my apt. complex were moving & I saw full moving vans. I called my husband Roze, who was ill, and as we talked a woman from my past was suddenly also on the line. She spoke quite animatedly about when she went to India.She was a sponsor of mine from AA years ago. Then there was a decorative piece of cloth covering a door which was a closet. I carefully removed the cloth and inside were practical and decorative items. In particular I liked this candle holder that was multicolored and formed a face. I had forgotten about it, though in reality I do not have such an item. I lit the candle and placed it on the kitchen table.

I then went through the door to the garage. Inside the garage were kids with their parents playing like it was a playground. I was shocked and upset telling them all they had to leave. A woman told me she would leave but not say thank you. I shouted back, I'll thank you when you leave. (kind of humorous) So all left save 2 small children a boy and girl on a stagecoach. Both parents were there and I was afraid the whole thing would topple as the kids got off. As the kids came down we were all in black, very dark, water. The parents remained completely passive through the whole thing. The boy is drowning and I pull him up. But since I'm in deep water, I can't hold him long and then the girl is drowning too and I'm trying to hold them both up. With the force of this, I wake up.

Some background since I last posted a dream here, Jerry: Last spring my husband became ill and died rather quickly from cancer. I have since moved to California to be near my 2 sons. These are a lot of changes and I now live alone for 1st time ever. As you might imagine I am searching to understand myself and my fears and feelings. And as always, I appreciate your interpretations.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: dark water

Peggy,

The mailboxes would represent a message{s} from the unconscious to consciousness. Being removed from the wall may suggest there are barriers being removed or need to be removed so you can receive these important messages. You are the manager and the one able to do this. The devices that keep changing may suggest there is resistance {suppression, repression, ignoring, forgot about} to letting these messages through. You have adapted to keeping these issues from conscious thought but they are attempting to 'move' these issues to consciousness because the emotional energies are too full to hold them back. There are masculine aspects that contribute to with holding these messages. Past experiences are part of this subject matter. When you do remove the barriers there are conscious reasons for your state of mind as well as unconscious {two families}. It is the unconscious aspects that needed to be lighted. There also seems to be 'metaphysical' aspects involved {my first impression without knowledge of the added info you provided at the end of the dream}.

The next paragraph seems to be addressing both causations from early life experiences/influences that need to be resolved {need to leave} as well as current emotions related to family life. You have stored/parked {garage} emotional aspects away that are capable of shocking your conscious life. This childhood period of time in your life was dark and has affected you unconsciously {which translate into unconscious motivators of personality and conscious actions}. You are now again in a dark place and having trouble keeping your head above water. Passive parents instead of proactive are responsible for repressed {drowning} aspects that has caused an underdeveloped masculine psyche {boy}. This has brought your whole self down and is now resurfaced in later life {probably due to the passing of your husband and changes in your life}.

My sense is the dream is addressing the deep psyche emotions related to early life as well as the changes you have undergone over the past several months. There may be similar experiences related to your parents and you in this stage of life. The dream starts out focused on what seems to be repressed aspects {mentioned in my analysis of a previous dream}. The two families may be addressing the two different time frames/experiences that have associations. There are probably characteristics the lady from India that you identify with and looking at that experience may reveal something about this dream. Overall there seems to be related experiences of 'darkness'.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Jerry for your very clear interpretation. I guess it's time for me to do some inner work that I wasn't ready to do before. It makes sense that the little boy is underdeveloped as I probably projected him onto my husband, Rozie. We are never done with this inner work and maybe that's a good thing.

I've ordered 2 of Woodman's books and another Campbell, plus I will rework the 12 steps which is an excellent way to unearth, bring to light repressed parts. It is not comfortable, but I am generally uncomfortable these days and know this is an "inside job". In recovery we are very honest with each other and I will work them with another- a sponsor via Skype. That too fits with the dream.

One question I have is about the 2 families. I see my family of origin and then the family of myself and my 2 sons and we find ourselves back to the three of us like before I met Rozie. Is this what you mean?

All the symbols make great sense with your interpretation. Take care, Peggy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Peggy,
There would be the two levels of this aspect. One would be what you stated about the three of you {you and two sons} prior to meeting Rozie as well as the family of origins, your original family as a child where your foundations/personality were established {and also the archetypal origins}. I dare say there are personal aspects only you would know the dream is addressing {read the language and determine if there are actual experiences that would fit}. How were things prior to marrying Rozie {would the black deep water have any associations?}. I do believe much of this language is addressing your childhood but it would also could be focusing on other aspects of your life.

You can not go wrong with Marion Woodman. Her experience working with women's issues as well as dreams are unsurpassed. Of course Campbell's books enlighten us to the origins of the psyche and are a great primer to Jung. Just as I try to put in the simplest terms the meaning of dreams, Campbell takes Jungian concepts and helps us to understand the difficult language of Jung. Where as Jung was more prose, Campbell added the poetry which we naturally understand.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present