Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Attacked by tiger in a dream

Hey, i rarely dream but i had one last night that shook me up badly.

I was laying on a field and i turned to my right and noticed an orange tiger next to me. I turned away in shock/fear and looked back a second later and it was now staring at me. I turned back around for the 3rd time to look at the tiger and it pounced and attacked me. I immediately wake up and am drenched in sweat and its 2:30 in the morning

I have never been so badly shaken up in a dream before. A little background though, several hours earlier i had ended a tumultuous relationship that had been causing me great stress (especially financially). I was used badly and it had been toxic for quite some time, until it ended last night. Im guessing the correlation must be there between the dream and the breakup?

ans thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31, male, australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Attacked by tiger in a dream

A,
First let me say you dream every night, 4-5 times a night primarily during REM sleep. Often people do not remember dreaming since the dream is lost within a few minutes upon waking if there is not an attempt to remember the dream. You can train yourself to remember your dreams if you try and must write or record the dream asap after waking so not to lose any of it.

As for the dream. Your recent experience of being used is likely one level {will explain later in my analysis} the dream is attempting to help resolve {resolving emotional issues/conflicts is a function of dreams}. The relationship in particular would be responsible for the emotional conflict with the tiger representing female sexuality, aggression, and seduction. The field may suggest you were 'open' to such an experience and turning right would suggest a deliberate action {motivated by another level of unconscious energies}. Turning away in shock would represent a sudden awakening to both the conscious actions cast upon you as well as an unconscious shock related to motivations of personality {again, well explain later in analysis}. You realized you were being used and it is now attacking you. The third attack may suggest you are vulnerable to such experiences {being used} and could happen again. The 'symbol' of being attack could be a warning of such vulnerabilities and you should be cautious of this possibility.

As for the 'other level' of the symbols and dream. Dreams always have at least two meanings/applications with one level addressing deeper issues related to early life foundations and personality. My sense from the symbolic language and how the dream plays out is you are vulnerable to being taking advantage due to early life experiences/influences. Determining exactly what these issues may be would take a deeper examination but by looking back {as noted in the dream language 'turned back around'} at your early life you may see associations to why you would possess this type personality. Of course the seemingly primary focus of the dream would be the recent experience but the deeper issues would be more important if you are not careful. You may be vulnerable to falling for such a scheme again in the future.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Attacked by tiger in a dream

thanks Jerry for the in-depth explanation.

I knew that tigers generally are to do with sexuality/aggression so i knew there would be some connection to the break up. It was more a shock factor that i had this incredibly dangerous animal next to me the whole time and it only attacked me after i looked at it to make sure i wasn't seeing things.

the 2nd paragraph of your analysis got me thinking a lot. I had a very normal upbringing except for the fact i had a lot more things in my life than my other friends at that time EG shoes, electronics, cards. So ive always felt as its my duty to give to my friends and make them happy

and thats progressed into my teens and my adult relationships with females. Ive always felt as though i need to provide for them regardless of the outcome to myself. Almost as if they wouldn't like/love me if they weren't getting gifts

Gerald Gifford-Dream Forum Host & Moderator
A,
First let me say you dream every night, 4-5 times a night primarily during REM sleep. Often people do not remember dreaming since the dream is lost within a few minutes upon waking if there is not an attempt to remember the dream. You can train yourself to remember your dreams if you try and must write or record the dream asap after waking so not to lose any of it.

As for the dream. Your recent experience of being used is likely one level {will explain later in my analysis} the dream is attempting to help resolve {resolving emotional issues/conflicts is a function of dreams}. The relationship in particular would be responsible for the emotional conflict with the tiger representing female sexuality, aggression, and seduction. The field may suggest you were 'open' to such an experience and turning right would suggest a deliberate action {motivated by another level of unconscious energies}. Turning away in shock would represent a sudden awakening to both the conscious actions cast upon you as well as an unconscious shock related to motivations of personality {again, well explain later in analysis}. You realized you were being used and it is now attacking you. The third attack may suggest you are vulnerable to such experiences {being used} and could happen again. The 'symbol' of being attack could be a warning of such vulnerabilities and you should be cautious of this possibility.

As for the 'other level' of the symbols and dream. Dreams always have at least two meanings/applications with one level addressing deeper issues related to early life foundations and personality. My sense from the symbolic language and how the dream plays out is you are vulnerable to being taking advantage due to early life experiences/influences. Determining exactly what these issues may be would take a deeper examination but by looking back {as noted in the dream language 'turned back around'} at your early life you may see associations to why you would possess this type personality. Of course the seemingly primary focus of the dream would be the recent experience but the deeper issues would be more important if you are not careful. You may be vulnerable to falling for such a scheme again in the future.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site