Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream about plane crash and being trapped in my house

About a week ago I had a dream where I heard a plane getting louder and louder, so I looked out my window and saw it getting closer and closer to the ground. So I said to myself, " That planes definitely going to crash," and a few moments later it did. The next thing I remember is that there were a bunch of people in hazmat suits cleaning up the debris and it was sunny out so I opened the door to get a closer look, then I started suffocating on the air and one of the guys in the hazmat suits said something along the lines of "This air's to pure for you, you have to stay inside." so I closed the door in order to avoid suffocation. Can someone explain the meaning of this?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Delaware

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dream about plane crash and being trapped in my house

Anonymous,
First it is important to understand that dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor. The airplane represents some part or aspect of you, the airplane is you. There are many possibilities to what an airplane {as a symbol of you} can represent. The meaning/application of any image/symbol in a dream depends on the flow of actions and how it fits with the other images/symbols. The airplane symbol will point to unconscious aspects that may not be known or realized and the intent of the dream is to bring these aspects to consciousness. My sense is your airplane dream is addressing some aspect of yourself that has been pushed back into the unconscious so not to have to deal with it consciously. Some negative experience that if you think about it brings about painful emotions.

Airplanes will often symbolize overcoming obstacles and getting a better perspective of something within your psyche {psychology}. It could point to a time in life when you were 'flying high' {a positive time} but that all crashed for some reason. If you will look back to a week ago {before you had the dream} you will probably realize some event or experience that 'threaten" to bring memories/recollections of negative experiences out to consciousness. You had stored these emotional experiences away from conscious sight and because of the painful emotions the dream is attempting to help you resolve the issues so you can resolve the issues associated with them. The past experiences possess psyche energies that have the ability to affect if not control conscious actions and influence your life in the present. You can not 'overcome' these energies until they are confronted. Only then can a healing begin and discontinue the grip these past experiences have over you. The event/experience of a week ago may have made whatever the issue is {the painful experience} louder, brought about recollections of the past experience{s}.

There is something within your unconscious that needs to be consciously overcome, brought out so you will confront it and find resolution. Looking out the window would point to consciously 'viewing' these unconscious contents {associated with the past painful/negative experiences}. This window may have been a result of the experience of a week ago. That experience caused the unconscious contents to get 'closer' to consciousness. Because of the negative/painful associations, allowing the unconscious contents out caused a conscious emotional crash {or were capable of doing so if allowed to be continuously thought of}. The fact the dream states it did crash may point to an actual experience that happened a week ago. This could be the reason you had this dream, the recollections of the negative experiences were brought out {during the experiences/events of a week ago} and because of the pain they cause there is a re-enforcement of wanting to keep them stored away within your unconscious {not to think about them}. The experience/events of a week ago reminded you of the 'debris' {of the painful experiences}. You have cleaned up that part of your life and put it behind you. The 'bunch of people' are the other aspects of your personality/life that are affected by this emotional experience {any unknown persons in a dream are aspects of the dreamer}. The hazmat suit is needed because of the hazards of giving conscious thought to the past negative experiences. A week ago there was an event that did bring these about thoughts of past experiences.

The part about being 'sunny out{side}' may point to a positive conscious environment you were in a week ago, and/or where you are now having 'cleaned up the debris' caused by these past experiences. The event/experience of a week ago may have been a positive one but one that prompted thoughts of the negative unconscious experiences. The recollections of the past experiences may have to do with suffocation. The air is pure as long as you do not put yourself in an environment similar to the past. The experiences were painful so you wish to keep them 'inside' {the unconscious}. You close the door to any conscious resolution to the issues so to avoid being smothered by the painful experiences.

Summary
Look back to a week ago before you had the dream and determine what experiences you had that would have prompted a recollection/memories of something emotionally painful from your past. The 'suffocation' may also point to something literal, a relationship you were in that was suffocating or a similar experience. It would be something you would want to avoid {the unconscious associations may be all about that} because of the 'toxic' environment you were in. It may be related to a time when you felt you needed to clean up some aspect of your life {perhaps related to relationships} and because of better times {the environment of a week ago was sunny/positive} there may have been positive thoughts to this issue. But the past experiences would have brought about recollections of the past. There may be unconscious forces related to the past experiences that keep you from enjoying a positive relationship of some type. These forces need to be realized and understood or they could be barriers in the future.
End of analysis

Please provide a response to my analysis. All dreams are educational when interpreted and your response will help in understanding how dreams function.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

The only thing that consciously impacts me emotionally is this girl that I love that has a boyfriend and even though she seems sort of interested in me, she doesn't put as much effort as I have into the relationship. Such as last summer I gave up going to Berklee college of music in order to stay where I live now and be in a relationship with her, only to find out she has a boyfriend. Now, they're together all the time in school and it kills me emotionally, but at the same time it seems to fuel my creativity, which being a musician, helps me a lot. I also feel trapped inside my mind because whenever she talks to me I can never attempt to express my feelings to her. If you've heard of the MBTI classifications, I'm an INTP, which is what I think why most of this happens because they say we tend to bury our emotions until they all come out at once (Kind of like the hulk). About a week ago, however, she started drifting around me and flirting. Not necessarily talking to me, because she wants me to start conversations sometimes and I can't, but I saw this this as her regaining interest and I was actually not depressed for the first time in a few months. Also a week ago I had my scholarship audition for Berklee and that could have been the plane crash because my goal was to get a full scholarship and it went nowhere near as well as it could have.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Delaware, 18

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

I appreciate the response. It provides further insights into the dream, especially the last part about the experiences of a week ago. Going over your response here is what I find.

In my analysis I asked you to look back a week ago and see what experience{s} you had that would fit with my analysis. This part of your response pretty much fits with my analysis, "About a week ago, however, she started drifting around me and flirting". That falls in line with my interpretation, "The part about being 'sunny out{side}' may point to a positive conscious environment you were in a week ago." The closer look {in the dream} and the suffocating and the hazard suits was probably your intuitive reaction to past experiences where these actions {flirting by her} lead to disappointment. Deep down you probably knew you had to close 'that door' to avoid suffocating yourself from greater expectations. The sunny outside was your disposition of not being depressed for the first time in a few months.
Note: Anything pointing to the outside in a dream almost always points to the conscious/ego self whereas anything inside would point to the unconscious aspects. I have found some images/actions to be more 'universal' in their applications than would be expected.

As for the plane crash. If your audition for Berkeley did not go well then that could be a part of the dream crash. But because all dream images have more than one meaning/application my sense is it could also fit with her flirting and your knowledge {from previous experiences} that her getting close would 'crash' and leave you disappointed. Dreams are about how you really feel within, taking the ego perspective into consideration but not letting it blind you to the true reality from experiences and possessed knowledge. Always listen to your intuitive self and you will never go wrong. From your personality description you possess a strong intuitive mind. It would only be natural for you to pick up on 'invisible' actions and having been in this position before {with her flirting and that crashing} the dream is merely pointing to the true reality of what was bound to happen from the experience with her a week ago. But your introvert personality may be a hindrance to listening to your inner self and instead you retreat to expectations that would lead to a 'crash'. The plane getting louder and louder may be the dream, and your intuitive self, trying to sound out what the truth is when it comes to what to expect with the relationship. If you would be objective {extrovert personality} her having a boyfriend would say a lot about what you should expect.

Summary
The dream followed an experience of a week ago which is normal {which I pointed to in my analysis}. There was an emotional conflict and the dream was attempting to help you understand what the truth was in your emotions and to help you resolve the issues. Dreams often reveal personality traits and the 'crash' was partly due to your subjective thinking/introvert personality. In my summary {original analysis} I suggested there was something painful from your past that the dream was addressing. That would be 'her' actions which led to a disappointment on your part. I also suggested a possible real relationship the dream was pointing to which in fact is true. The toxic environment I described was the emotional conflict in the relationship. My analysis of past recollections seems to fit very well, the experience from last week bringing out your true intuitive feelings about the possibilities for a future with her {an intuitive ability I strongly suggest you listen to}. The forces that need to be realized may be those intuitive aspects. Go with the 'force' {intuitive} and you will survive to fight/live another day.

One final comment. If these experiences fuel your creativity then there is a 'sunny' side to all that has happened. When love fails creativity can become the love of your life. At least until you make it big as a musician and find a true love.

Jerry

Thanks, for the input, yesterday I saw that girl and she looked really depressed (Sitting alone, looking at the ground,hands holding up her head), and she looked up at me out of the corner of her her eye. So I thought about going over there, but didn't because I figured it'd probably make me depressed. Anyway, last night I had a dream about her where I was in my choir class and the bell rang so I was meandering about in this brightly lit hallway and she said " come over here I need to talk to you." So I went over to her and she was like " I've been trying to tell you this for a while, but I think I love you." so I hugged and told her I did too. Then next thing I know I'm back in my choir class and it's a lot dimmer than the hallway, but still illuminated and I started thinking about how she finally told me and the roof started leaking water at a pace faster than a drip, but not like a fire sprinkler. As far as relating to Berklee or any other dreams standing out, I haven't had any since then.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Delaware, 18

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Gary,
My sense for this dream is the girl is addressing your anima aspects more so than the literal experience with the girl {although she is the primary focus of the emotions in the dream}. The conversation would be with yourself and reflect your actions from the experience when you actually saw her sitting and looking depressed. Instead of going over to console her you refrained from doing so because it would have made you depressed {you actions are addressing two issues: your own problem with depression as well as the issue with the relationship with her}. Her {your anima} stating her love for you is your own acceptance of the objective reality of the relationship. You are expressing love for yourself, having created the needed balance {one of two symbolic references for the choir class} of the reality, being objective instead of letting your emotional self take charge and consoling her {which would have made you depressed}. This may be a break through, being objective about the realities and not let your emotions rule. It is balancing your introverted personality with an extrovertive action {this is the what we all need to be able to do in all aspects of life}.

There is a caveat. The ego self doesn't wish for this to happen and the connection of the inner self and the outer {hallway} is brighter but the choir class {the second symbol of the choir class, representing the muse of love} is dimmer. A slow process of realizing what is true about the relationship as well as how it effects you, causing your own depression.
Note: The ego is selfish and when left to its desires you will never find balance. It resists the inner world, your true nature and instead gives into the emotions and the desires of the mind/body.

Further Explanation of the Images/Symbols
As referenced earlier the choir class represents balance and the ability to work with your inner self as well as a symbol of love {Erato was the muse of love poetry, Euterpe was the muse of music}. You were able to do what is right in the experience with her {the actual event}. But the natural inclination of love was also affected by your actions and this is reflected in the dream {dimmer choir class}. But in the process of not giving in to the emotions the connection between the true inner self with the outer world actions was illuminated, you are finally realizing the truth of the relationship. The roof {roofs are symbolic of barriers of the two states of consciousness, unconscious and conscious} is leaking which suggests the inner self/unconscious is slowly accepting the realities of the 'conscious' relationship but it is yet not wholly resolved. It is an important first step, realizing the truth of her feelings toward you as well as not letting yourself become depressed.

As for the Berkeley associations. I think your first posted dream was less about that and primarily about the girl relationship. It could still be a secondary focus {the 9 muses are all about the creative self} and when you put that experience in place of the girl it may fit. As stated previously all dreams {as well as dream images} have at least two meanings/applications. It could very well be addressing both but because your more recent experiences {and the one you are more tuned into} were with the girl this dream is likely addressing the issues related to her.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present