Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friday

I don't usually post my dreams, but last time my dream gave me a day something significantly bad happened that day.

My dream starts with me driving to my job. Everyone was there when I got there and everyone was friendly. I brought a boy I like there cause he asked and he drove with me in my passenger seat but once we arrive I do not see him for the rest of the dream. My buddy chris was there(my favorite person to work with and I was excited to see him and so was a coworker I am not so fond of who also no longer works at my job. She told me she had been promoted to secretary. I was mad but I didn't wanna show it because I have put in way more work than her and I know my stuff way better there. So I took a walk to my car. When I got to my car I was getting my homework for a new class I had signed up for in my dream but as I walked out there I noticed an overweight lady I have never seen before going in my car to get the books for the class out of my car for my coworker who had been promoted. I started to beat her up and I told her they were mine and she backed up. She said if I didn't stop hitting her she was gonna call Friday on me. And that was enough to make me stop for some reason.

I usually try to interpret my own dreams, but this one is stumping me. If at all possible could you help me with a breakdown of the dream so I can find what I am over looking and can improve my own dream interpretation skills.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26/female montana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Friday

Katherine,
Difficult to pinpoint an exact meaning of your dream. Let me take another look at the dream in the morning {I do better in analyzing dreams in the early hours}. Until then I will offer a preliminary interpretation which outlines what I see in your dream. I'll provide an explanation of some of the images/symbols in my final assessment. Here is the preliminary interpretation.

My sense of the dream is you are engaged in trying to advance in life but you are having difficulties in doing so. This may apply to your personal life, perhaps even related to your job, but would also apply to inner issues and personality aspects {lacking masculine qualities which may be the primary issue}. You are experiencing frustration and anxieties related to these issues. They may involve new responsibilities which cause the anxieties and there are fears you are expected to do more than you can handle. The anxieties are due to personality traits, unconscious motivators, where you need more inner discipline to end the anxieties.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Okay thank you. I look forward to reading your response.

I have come up with a little bit so far. I think it may have something to do with my grandpa because my job that I was at, he is the owner and he spends most of his waking hours there. But he was not present in my dream. I though the secretary might literally be his secretary since he is the boss there. I thought also maybe I could be trying to get my grandfather's attention and praise unconsciously. I also remembered the girl that got promoted to secretary in my dream would always try to correct something I was doing even if I was right. So maybe that was my attitude. But I did not understand how it related because I also agree with your statement about my dream also. The car is definitely my direction in life, which would be basically parked as I have gone back to school. My homework and the textbooks I feel are making a direct remark about my schooling. And I would associate Friday with the end of the school week. Since she is fat I thought it was some kind of over indulgence will put an end to school basically. When she walked up she was holding hands with another man but I am not able to visualize his face at all. Or also I thought it might be refreshing the family dinner that I skipped last Friday that I was feeling kind of guilty over. I also am struggling with understanding why a boy asked me to drive there why that is relevant in my dream and then he us not there once I exit the car.
It was interesting that everyone was at my job in my dream because it is an ice cream store and we are not opened yet. And if there were a lot of people there it would probably feel really chaotic, not friendly because it is quite unorganized and slightly messy there.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

Katherine,
All dreams have at least two meanings/applications and I see this in your dream. One would often focus on recent personal experiences {which had emotional energies} as well as the deeper issues to do with personality and causes for specific emotional conflicts. There are no images that reference him and other references that suggest there are emotional issues {to do with the specific message of this dream} related to him. The only application I see as a possibility would be the job as a symbolic reference to your grandfather which would mean your primary task/job would be having to deal with him {he is the job}. But there would have to be obvious issues with your grandfather and although there are possibilities within the dream that may apply in your literal job {being mad about you not getting promoted} I don't see that as a real focus of the dream as an emotional issue. Those images would more likely be symbolic of inner aspects, the inner work that are in conflict. Because your grandfather was not in the dream it is more likely focusing on issues {dreams are about our emotions} related to the job but not specifically to do with him {as one meaning/application}. The 'job' in your dream is both your literal job but is also a symbolic reference to inner emotional tasks that are in conflict and need resolution.
To interpret any dream as a literal reference to conscious experiences is not how dreams function. Dreams have a language of symbol and metaphor and taking the dream as literal will lead you away from the true dream message. Breaking the dream down by image I see this:

'Everyone was there' is the dream language which would include your grandfather but the dream dose not specifically reference him as an emotional issue. It could be referencing your job in general but it would also be addressing 'every aspect' within you. The dream language "everyone was friendly" suggests there is a positive atmosphere in your job and may suggest you like your position overall. But the 'everyone' is also referencing the friendly 'aspects' within you. These are the two possible meanings/applications which in every dream is the norm.

The boy you brought with you may have associations to the actual person but because he is not named it is more likely the focus is symbolic of an 'inner boy', animus qualities. Symbolically a boy in a woman's dream could represent developing or under-developed masculine qualities. This would be focusing on personality issues that need to be recognized and resolved. I see this as being a part of the dream message. If you take the real person/boy {if there is such a person} and determine what qualities he possesses that you identify with then those qualities would be a part of the emotional issue that is in conflict. I sense this boy is not areal person but an inner quality that would be a positive asset within you that needs to be developed.

Chris, as a named person, would represent the real guy but his inclusion would likely be referencing qualities he possesses that you like {he is your buddy}. The co-worker is a negative aspect in your life, possibly both as a real person and an inner aspect. The promotion may be an issue in your real job and the inner aspect would represent the inner conflict of being promoted {this may be focusing on deeper personality issues}. The secretary may be a real position but again would have symbolic value {may represent a need for better organization in your life which would be a personality issue}. Whatever the representation {in both applications} there is anger over it and being mad would represent inner conflict, frustration, negative feelings. Could this be a statement about your personality where you become frustrated too easily or something similar? Putting in more work may be a statement of something that needs to be done, something you may or may not actually do in your real job but something that needs to be done personality wise. Unconsciously you know this {you know your stuff} but it is not consciously realized as it applies to the inner work {look at the dream as focusing more on the inner values and less on the outer}.

Then there is the walk to the car. The car is you, your ambitions, your drive, your path and direction in life. The walk is the movement you need to take to get to where you are or who you really are {getting back to personality issues}. When you get to or attempt to get to this place in life you are getting 'homework' which may again point to inner work/personality {like a car a home/house is you}. The actual class may have emotional energies but I sense the dream is pointing to inner issues that need 'homework'. The overweight lady may be suggesting you often feel burden with specific issues in life which could again point to inner issues {do you easily get frustrated?}. This overweight aspect points to the inner you {car} ad you need to get something out of the car {you}. The co-worker {as an inner aspect} would be another part of you and you need to promote {make known} this unconscious aspect to conscious knowledge so you can resolve the inner issues that are in conflict}. Internally you would be beating yourself up {feelings of frustration}. Friday {I do not known anything about this person/male or female?} seems to have the ability to make these conflicts stop. Who is Friday and what qualities does he/she possess that would fit with your personality {needs to be integrated} and would help resolve not only outer issues but inner issues?

In summary the dream is undoubtedly addresses current emotional issues to do with your job/position, and the new class and school responsibilities. The experiences you listed in your response {grandfather, family diner} are not referenced specifically in the dream so I don't see associations to those experiences. Myy sense is the dream is focusing more on inner issues, something you have yet to 'open up to' {the ice cream store has yet to open}. These type issues begin in early life and are the foundations for personality and actions as an adult. It will require other dreams to better understand what the inner issues are {a trained dream analyst can only see along the perimeters of a dream} and more knowledge about you and your life {I only know your gender and age}. But in general I sense personality issues that require 'work' so you can do a better 'job' in living your life.

Have you read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams? This will explain the 'inner issues' I have mentioned. All dreams have more than one message but they are about you and your emotions. Once you understand how to apply this to a dream you will begin to understand exactly how dreams function. Dreams are no longer the mystery they once were, that is when you use Jungian psyche as the tool to analyze and interpret dreams.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Thank you for your interpretation. I agree that the boy is my animus and doing this work is somehow beneficial for him. They boy was not a person that I know. I only remember him having childlike excitement.
Chris to me is funny and everybody likes him. I thought him and the other girl were really contrasted though because he sells drugs and she is a goodie two shoes. We usually make jokes about him selling weed.

I think about that a lot though. I always think if I was a goodie two shoes and kissed everyone's butt, I would surely get promoted, but I am not a good butt kisser. When I was at work the other day this girl I'm real life got an internship and that's why she isn't working with us anymore. I was a little bit jealous.

I really kind of related it being "friendly but busy and chaotic" to myself. I could use a secretary lol. But I have noticed sometimes when it comes to school work I get into a goodie two shoes mode where I just want everything to be perfect and I need to get all 100s but it usually only lasts for a day or so or until I finish what I need to get get done.

The only time I can think of where I get frustrated easily is with my boyfriend, but that doesn't seem related really. I guess I get frustrated at school sometimes as it can be overwhelming. Like when I have a test and then a quiz the next class. Usually when this happens I find myself tuning out. I guess I probably wouldn't be so frustrated with the school stuff if I put in more work, but I have to work too. It is difficult sometimes.
I have been doing my dreams a lot lately. That could be my inner work and they are certainly frustrating, but I find them helpful when I do figure them out. I know I still have much research and "homework" to do.

The walk to the car seems kind of like a retreat. Sometimes at work when I get overwhelmed I do this too: walk to my car and leave since I make my own hours.

The weird thing about the dream is that Friday is not a person.. I don't know who Friday is. Friday to me though symbolizes the end of the school week.

Katherine,
I appreciate the detailed responses. I believe we are closer than it may seem to what the dream message is. Frustration is a word you use often in your last response and is one of the primary issues I sensed in the dream. This could suggest there are inner issues that need more inspection. Your latest response does clear up a lot and I believe we have found one primary message of the dream. Let me explain what I get from your latest response and how it fits with my analysis as well as the dream.

Your jealousy could be the 'madness' in your dream. And the unknown boy would definitively represent an animus aspect as would Chris {positive qualities he possesses you identify with}. The 'goodie two shoes' are the conflicting attitudes {two shoes of your personality} and could be statements pointing to attitudes, ambitions and drive {car}. The frustrations I mentioned would fit with the overwhelming school experiences as well as having to work and go to school. As I noted I sensed this frustration as a primary issue in the dream. It could very well point to personality and the underlying reasons for such attitudes. Walking to your car, a literal act as well as symbolic, is how you remedy some of your stress. The car is you and as a retreat it would also suggest 'going inward' to reveal any personality issues that are in conflict and need to be resolved. Friday as an ability to put an end to some of these stresses which on one level would point to a literal end of the school week which resolves some stress issues temporarily. Symbolically it could be making a point about the 'temporally' relief. This again would point to inner issues which I do believe is as much the dream message as is the 'literal' end of stresses in your waking life.

Note: The reason age is important to know when analyzing a dream is because a younger person will have more 'literal' dream experiences that match actual waking experiences. Older people tend to have less literal inclusions. Knowing the dream is from a younger person {30 and younger} helps to point to these literal experiences. But even with that the same images/symbols will also have a deeper application. All dreams as well as most dream images have at least two meanings/applications. One will have reference and/or associations to the other. If there is an actual over abundance of frustration {overweight lady} in a dream then there is likely reasons for this. One would be addressing the literal waking experiences and the other any underlying reasons for them. An under developed animus could be the underlying reason for the frustrations.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present