Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boy from my last dream died

I was at a party and then all of a sudden the noise got super loud like something bad was about to happen like rioting. And then we left cause it was getting bad and we were walking through the woods and we came across a dead little boy and everyone kept walking like it was normal but only a few of us cared. I was so upset I had to stop and kneel down and I was overcome with grief. And I started crying horribly. I felt like a weirdo in the dream. Like everything I talked about was weird to everyone even though it wasnt. But I woke up really upset. I'm still really upset when I think about it and I'm kind of worried.

This boy was the same boy as in my Friday dream I posted previously that drove me to my work, I am certain.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26/female montana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Boy from my last dream died

Katherine,
Again I see this dream primarily pointing to inner issues. Unlike your previous dream post there doesn't seem to be a particular recent issue the dream is addressing although there could be one that is associated with it. That would make the images purely symbolic of your inner self. This is what i get from the dream.

The party may point to the positive aspects in your life but there are negative issues that are getting bad. The noise would likely be an unconscious attempt to bring to your attention inner issues that possess strong and negative aspects {something bad}. The riot may point to destructive aspects, albeit unconscious, that are the cause of these negative issues in your waking life. Walking through the woods may point to the need/desire to return to the innocence that may not have been offered as a younger child. This would result in a 'dead animus' symbolized by the dead little boy {little representing insignificant}. The woods also could symbolize unconscious aspects and walking like it was normal would suggest an unconscious controlling aspect that you are not aware of {a function of dreams is to focus on these aspects so the dreamer will become aware of them}. You are unknowingly 'kneeling' to these unconscious aspects and must learn to overcome the emotional distress {grief} it causes in your waking life. Crying is an emotional release. Talking to everyone is an inner communication {on this level of inner issues}. Consciously it is a seemingly normal life but unconsciously there are controlling issues {a dead animus}. Being upset when you awoke is a continuing aspect of the dream attempt to communicate the negative aspects that you need to be made aware of.

Summary
As with the first dream I sense inner issues to do with your animus. And although that would point to the development of your masculine aspects it could also point to issues to do with males early in life that influences who you are as an adult {unconsciously}. The undeveloped animus would be a result of negative or non existent relationship with a male {the father being the prime suspect}. These early life issues would be unconscious motivators to your personality and actions as an adult. Exactly what those issues are is not clear from the dreams. Frustration may be one issue. If we go back to the first dream there are issues to do with work and promotion and although the dream language may not be addressing those waking issues in general it may be pointing to issues related to specific attitudes associated with some aspect to work or promotion. I suggest you examine your animus qualities and determine what is lacking. That part of you {the inner little boy} is a dead part within you. determining what it is and the reason for it is how you resolve the issues.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you jerry. It does make sense for me since I have been having issues with my father and it's weird when I think about it sometimes the grief is the same as I feel about the little boy. At this time I don't feel like there is a way to resolve these issues. How would one go about developing their animus? I have been researching online but it seems like the information just cuts off at a point

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26/female montana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Katherine,
Developing one's animus begins with uncovering, thoroughly examining and understanding what issues there are that caused a weak animus to begin with. That and how those experiences influence your personality and how you act as an adult. The issues with your father would likely be a primary source for a weak/undeveloped animus but the specifics are what need to be looked into. What exact experiences related to your father relationship were there that could have caused these psychic conflicts. A non relationship or very negligible relationship as a child is often the reasons for a weak animus since there was not the guidance, acceptance and love required for a child in the early formative years. The formative years {the first 3/9} are the most important in the development of the psyche/personality. Experiences/influences are stored within the unconscious by the developing mind and used as templates in later life.

As for a non existent relationship with the father. I had such a relationship and in my early adult life I imitatived many of my father's actions without knowing it or understanding the consequences. 3 failed marriages to 3 wonderful women that ended because I had a tendency to run away when things got tough {especially emotionally}. That was pretty much how my father lived his life and those early life experiences/influences became fixed within my psyche. As I grew into an adult they became unconscious motivators for my actions in relationships with women. They did not directly make me act as I did but because I had the propensity toward those actions I looked for a way out and the unconscious motivators pushed me in that direction. I had a 'shadow' following me, casting its energies on me through my unconscious. Not until I discovered Jung {at age 42} did I begin to realize these things and institute a healing process {no longer letting those negative energies control me}.

But not only did it affect my relationship with women, it also adversely affected my inner anima, caused me to drift away from my true self. Again at the age of 42 this important inner self that was broken was discovered and my path radically changed toward my true identity. I have always had a great interest in psychology {even took courses in sociology when I was in the army} but that was neglected due to my deficient anima. The specific issue was my creative/spiritual being, those given 'talents' I was born with that were neglected because of my need to find what was missing psychologically due to the non father relationship. Looking for live in all the wrong places affected my outer life as well as my inner. Once I discovered Jung {via Joseph Campbell} I realized my true path in life was the study of the psyche which led me to dreams. A bi-product was web design which became an outlet for the expression of my true self {the Dream Forum was born from that}. I never 'dreamed' I had any the 'inherent' ability to 'read' dreams until I began my journey inward. What began as interests {dreams and web design} developed into what was my true path in life. My two websites are the result of my web design interest and my ability to analyze/interpret dreams are a result of my 'intuitive Jungian' abilities. We all have a special ability and when there are disrupted psyche events not only is the outer being affected but also the inner. There are two voids and when the outer is discovered and a healing process is begun the inner follows suit. This is all a part of Jung's Individuation Process, a self psychology of discovery and healing. It can takes many years when unassisted but it is a journey one has to take by oneself {assistance from others is OK}.

Joseph Campbell tells us we have two opportunities in life to discover one's true path. One is in early life, {late teens/early adulthood} and again at midlife {when the focus turns from looking ahead to looking back}. Because most people have serious psyche conflicts because of early life deficiencies {you are not alone by no means} there is often never a discovery of the unconscious energies that controls their life {outer and inner}. Jung opened the doors to self discovery of these unconscious processes and when followed there is a transformation of the whole psyche. Life finds meaning {creativity usually at the center} and becomes more harmonious and balanced {there will always be sorrows in life not matter how good life is}. Self discovery, the inner journey {psychological} is the path to fulfillment and harmony. Along the way there is the discovery of the spiritual being {more along the lines of Karma, in harmony with nature, and not man made religion} for which creativity is a product {giving of oneself through art, music, poetry, the creative expression from the soul}. This may sound like a 'mystical' approach but in fact it is a science that Jung discovered. The science of the natural self and natural world, the metaphysical properties that are not so mysterious when looked at from an inner prospective. The inner journey is psychological and the outer results can be a true transformation.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present