Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Bunch of Zombie Dreams

I have many dreams about zombies. In all of those dreams, I use knives. If I have no knives and I have a gun to use, I always want to use knives and I actively seek them out. I can use the gun properly and perfectly in my dream, but I will always ask for a knife. I am frequently presented with the decision to choose between a gun or knife to kill zombies and I choose a knife. Just last night I had a dream where we had to clear a way in the city and I was yelling at my group, "Does anyone have a god**** knife!?" as I shot zombies in the head with a gun, without missing. I kept asking because I seriously wanted that knife.

Usually, I have someone to protect in the zombie dreams. It is most often a child around the ages of 3-7, usually related to me in one way or another. I'm always the main character in my zombie dreams but it goes between seeing through my eyes to seeing through the eyes of the main protagonist, "X", in a story I write (I'm a writer). When it changes between X and I no one in the dream notices nor do X and I.

I'm always ready to protect people, especially children, in my zombie dreams. I'm also always the first to go out into a nearly impossible situation and take on the zombies, whether I have a gun or knife. If the dream starts with X, most frequently the child is her daughter/son. If the dream starts with me, most frequently it is my nephew (2 years old) or some kid I found in the chaos.

Interestingly, the first zombie dream I remember having when I was younger, I never had a weapon or anything. I was always scared and ran. As a few years have gone by, every zombie dream seems to be like a building block to the next zombie dream I have. If I learned xyz in Zombie Dream 2 then I will know xyz in Zombie Dream 3. It is a given. In what is now basically Zombie Dream 1000 I am a professional at what I do. Everyone else around me freaks out but I always take the lead, I put myself at constant risk yet never feel I am at risk, I am calm, I find ways to enjoy what is going on, and even, many times, enjoy running into a crowd of zombies and killing them with just a knife.

Sometimes the zombies are walking ones, sometimes they are fast, sometimes they are monstrous. None of it affects what I do in a situation.

What I'm most curious about is the knife vs gun thing. I always, always, always want a knife. In some zombie dreams I reason that the noise of a gun will attract zombies but for the most part, it's just that... the knife is a knife, therefore I want it. Sometimes, though very rarely, I even pass up a gun and go it alone just because the gun is not a knife.

My stubbornness for knives has never been a detriment to anyone at any point and actually helps more than anything else.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Female, California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes! Definitely.

Re: A Bunch of Zombie Dreams

Anonymous,
Zombies will often represent being emotionally detached from people and/or situations. You may be detached from the unconscious aspects, emotional issues. In other words the zombie is you and certain past emotional experiences have made you a corpse of who you should be {completely whole, without these particular emotional conflicts}. It could point to feeling 'dead' inside because of unresolved emotional issues.

Both knives and guns can represent anger as well as aggression. Knives often symbolize a need to cut out something within the psyche , cutting away emotional issues within the unconscious so they can become conscious and/or are acknowledged. Once they become conscious/acknowledged you can begin to work through the issues so a healing can begin. Guns can also symbolize power and dependence as well as the penis {which would suggest sexual issues}.

Why you choose knives over guns probably suggests a great need to cut away {knives} the aggression {guns}. This is what dreams are about, each dream an attempt to inform the dreamer what is out of balance emotionally so there can be a recognition of these issues. Shooting the zombie {you} in the head could point to the need to 'kill' hidden anger .

The progression of the dreams may signify a slow recognition of the issues. As a younger person, a child {you are 18 now} these issues would not as traumatic since children have a positive attitude despite emotional conflicts. As you grow older these issues will creep into your dreams. Usually it is in later life {midlife} these issues begin to show themselves but circumstances in your current life may prompt them to begin earlier. The dreams are attempting to put back together the past when the emotional issues took place. Consciously you may have pushed these issues into the deeper unconscious so they will not threaten your conscious life {the reason you do not freak out in the dream}. What is happening in the dream is your killing the zombies within you. The joy is unconscious but it needs to be made conscious {what dreams attempt to do}. The joy could also be an actual acknowledgement and resolution to these issues.

The ages 3-7 may be very important. Usually in dreams noted ages point to specific time periods in the dreamer's life {especially if it is at the beginning of a dream}. In your dreams you try to protect the children. One of those children would be yourself {and likely solely be you unless there are other children who share the same experiences or are in the same environment}. There may have been actual concerns for the welfare of your nephew. Was he in a similar environment you were in that would have been the cause of your emotional conflicts?

In summary I see the dream pointing to emotional issues that are either pushed into the unconscious because of the pain they caused or will cause in your present life. Or you have repressed these issues for the same reasons. Look at the years 3-7 and see what was happening in your life at that time. There is a lesser possibility the numbers represent something else but they would be related to the emotional issues. Numbers in dreams are almost always important. And your nephew. Are there circumstances associated with him that have to do with past experiences in your life? Your dreams are about your emotional life and most people in your dreams are aspects of yourself {you}. Known people may represent their true selves but there would be something about them you relate to. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can discover more. If your dreams are progressing a recognition of what is within the unconscious may prompt future dreams to be more specific or point to the actual issues. Dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor {the zombie is you, the inner you which could point to 'dead' aspects as a result of past emotional experiences}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi,

First, thank you for responding! I'm sure it's difficult sometimes to interpret dreams without specific details and situations. Thanks for trying, and you did a wonderful job.

What you've said for the most part makes perfect sense. The past few years I've found myself ready to let almost anyone go at the slightest sign that I can't trust them to stay around.

I read your analysis on another dream about how the age of the a child in a dream is usually representative of an age in your life and it made a lot of sense to me. I started thinking about what the zombies could mean last night while I was laying in bed, looking past the obvious fact that they're crazy dead things. I came to the possibility that the children are all me, and I'm trying to protect myself against all of these problems that are coming at me all at once and don't give me time to breathe (the zombies being the problems). But I'm good at dealing with things how I believe they should be dealt with, pushing aside how scary it really is, hence I go in and find joy in killing the zombies.

The suggestion to sexual issues the guns could be pointing out sounds accurate. I'm a celibate and wish to remain so (for no particular reason - it's not religious, and nothing sexually traumatic happened to me), but currently have been rethinking it and wondering if I would go back on that if I found someone who wanted sex to be part of the relationship. It's not what I would want though. I have considered several times if my indifference to anything sexual is because it's too intimate (with me being so paranoid, wary, and detached for safety), but that's really just isn't it. Still, it's an issue I've come back to. Self-doubt is a huge problem I have. But for the most part I'm really good at just being me and speaking my mind. I dress how I want to, and look as bad as i want to, regardless of what others think of/say to me.

The other thing the gun could suggest, aggression, also makes perfect sense. So does the knife. I'm extremely frustrated with a family situation that has been going on... basically since I was born. My dad was an extremely violent, insanely delusional man. As part of a family with many kids, I have always been the most invisible and least liked of both of my parents. I raised myself completely.

I think then, if the gun is aggression and the knife is the need to cut away things, and I also have the problem of detachment, maybe it's telling me the reason I feel it's so easy to let people go is because I'm mad at them? But if there was no anger, then maybe it wouldn't be, so the anger is the most important thing to cut away/solve?

I think you're right when you say the progression of the dreams is a slow recognition of what is going on. And yes, I am definitely repressing the heck out of everything I have been feeling because I know, without a doubt, if I said anything it would make things so much more worse than it is. There's only one other person in this "family" that doesn't do what the rest do - catastrophize everything and then ignore the real catastrophes.

However, I was not a positive person when I was younger. I found my situation completely hopeless and was certain I would be stuck with an abusive father my whole life, and at some point, he would lose it and kill my mother. I didn't look to the future, I didn't look at the past, I didn't think of anything. All I did was go through the day. I'm not a positive person today, either. I'm a realist more than anything else but if I had to pick between optimism and pessimism, I'd be pessimism.

Because of my father and the frequent abusive thoughts I have, I always fear I may hurt someone. I love my nephew to death but sometimes he does things that spark a negative reaction from me and I tap him on the arm or hand - a tap only because a millisecond before it registered in my head I was about to hit him. Which, if the zombies represent me, then I'm trying to protect him from me? But that wouldn't make sense because I actively know I need to watch myself around him, and since I'm so conscious of that and dreams try to surface what's unconscious/repressed, then...?

Sorry if I misunderstood anything you said. And I know all of this is jumbled so it may not be easy to understand. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

You said somewhere on the site it's important to mention what feelings the dreamer has after they read your interpretation. The kids representing a certain point in my life rang a bell. Everything else, I was like, "Ohhhh, of course! That makes perfect sense. I can see it now." But I don't know if it was in that way of, "Oh my gosh. Of course. This is it." I'm also a little slow to recognize what I'm feeling in that very moment, though, so that could have been it. You also didn't even have a full, exact dream to analyze, so of course you may not be spot-on, I figure. I feel like I'm rambling now.

I read your analysis about... 3 times, to make sure I didn't miss anything and just realized what you said about the knife was different than what I thought you said about the knife. But either interpretation (what I thought you said vs. what you did say) makes sense.

Some notes:

When I was 2 (just like the age of my nephew in the dream I had the night before I first posted. Did I say he was 3? I think I did. He's almost 3 so I rounded), my father hit me for something I did, in the head, hard enough my feet flew up and I hit the ground head-first. It's my earliest memory of abuse (though for the longest time I didn't know I was *that* young. I thought I was 6 until I told my sister it and she said I was 2).

When I was 8 (maybe even 7? Or 9?), at night I grabbed a butcher knife and sat by my dad when he was asleep and debated killing him.

When I was 14 I started cutting myself. Knife, of course.

In the zombie dreams, the groups I find myself with are usually full of men. None of them are ever named and I never remember their faces.

My nephew, 2 (not rounded), is the youngest kid to have ever been in my dreams.

In one zombie dream, I got separated from the group. I was replaced with "X" and she was in deserted mall with her child. A few men tried to rape her, but had to make their way up the ruins she had gotten on. She tried to scream as loud as possible to attract the zombies (these zombies were all women, thin, creepy, with long, straight black hair) so that the men would have to fight them and provide as a distraction. Her voice was hoarse and couldn't scream no matter what. "X" became me and I tried and it did nothing. I don't remember how I got out of the situation.

Right now, the "family" is in extremely delicate place and no one is willing to see it or handle it properly. I try to tell them, they don't listen, so I've given up even trying anymore. It's seems hopeless because after 6 years of trying the results are worse than before, so my effort has gone. I'm ready to let nearly everyone in this "family" go.

Oh! Another thing I remember right now...

From the age of 5-14 I had this peculiar, reoccurring dream. It was just so weird and bizarre yet simple to such an extent that I can't describe it well for the life of me, yet the images are clear to me to this day.
It was just me, and a huge white-ish clearing. There are no walls. It goes on and on. But there is a mess on the ground and I feel this pressure on me. There's some kind of countdown going on the background (or maybe not? If not it was in my head during the dream), and these things on the floor, after the countdown went to 0, would launch. They were NOT missiles, but they launched like them. I swear it was just piles of small messes or something. Like... I don't know, one pile might have been clothes? I really can't even describe it. Whenever they launched, the dream ended, and I woke up completely terrified and absolutely convinced that I did not leave the house immediately, my whole family would die. This was always extremely late at night or extremely early in the morning. I would leave into the city on my own and wouldn't return until 15 or so minutes later when I realized, "That's ridiculous. That can't happen." Yet I would do the exact same thing every time I had the dream. I had it from ages 5-12 for the most part, really, and then only once at 14 when we moved and got out of the situation with my father. The older I became the less effect it had on me, but my initial thought when waking was always the same: "They're going to die if you don't leave right now and never return."

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Anonymous,
I appreciate the detailed response. It covers a lot of possibilities and more insights to what the dreams might be trying to communicate. I also appreciate you taking time to read some of the posted dreams. The Forum provides a lot information on how dreams function and in my mind verifies Jung's concepts. If you have a real interest you may want to try your hand at dream interpretation.

I'll provide an indepth response on Sunday. Saturdays are full days of working with my son's construction business for the purpose of caring for neighborhood cats. It takes a lot to afford proper feeding and care and I am thankful we have the business to do that {I am retired having turned the business over to my son}. I guess it is only fitting I care for cats since I do possess a keen intuitive mind {which is necessary in dream analysis} which is feminine aspect {in Jungian theory}. I also feel the feminine aspect is the superior aspect. Not a cat worshiper but believe the feminine is the superior purpose in nature. Why we call earth Mother.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

By all means, take your time with the response!

The posted dreams are very interesting, and more so are your analysis of them. I try to interpret the dream once I read it before I read your analysis and the two are just completely different and yours make way more sense. I'm getting a tiny bit better at it now, though. It's helped me see some other dreams I've had before, too.

It's wonderful that you and your son do that for the cats. I adore cats. They're amazing creatures. I volunteer as a kitty-socializer for someone who runs a cat rescue in our neighborhood. It takes so much work for a rescuer that I think they do more than they get out of it. It's sad but admirable.

Anonymous,
I'm responding to your latest post pretty much as I read it {in greater detail}. If I make a point and read something that clarifies that point it is because I am responding as I read your post, attempting to dissect your response by comparing it to your dream. I always like to look at responses and compare it to the dream to see how it fits.

The matter of trust is likely an issue that comes from early life experiences. Once betrayed it is hard to be swayed, especially if there were early life experiences having to do with trusting someone. These things are implanted in the developing psyche of a child and often become influencing if not motivating factors in later life. They can be unconscious even though there are conscious actions as a result {let almost anyone go at the slightest sign that I can't trust them}. This may be an issue your dreams are attempting to help you resolve. Not necessarily merely a trust issue but the type person or situation/relationship you have with them. If betrayed by a man {father as an example} as a child, the experience can become an unconscious motivator in later life relationships with men. This is usually a negative attitude to have but if there is an intuitive recognition associated with it then positive aspects may result {good at dealing with things how I believe they should be dealt with}. Once betrayed you learn from the experience, if your psyche has the ability to do so {from experience I strongly believe in the intuitive psyche and for some people this is a powerful asset}.

The issue of sex and intimacy could very well be related. It could be the indifference is a result of early life experiences that have been pushed back into the unconscious. Sex as a part of a relationship may have deeper meaning. In your childhood there appeared the first zombie in your dream. If you investigate when that was and can remember any experiences just prior to the dream you may realize what that zombie was about. We pretty much know you are protecting yourself as a child but what we need to know is the reasons why. The problem may simply be the violent attitude of your father {the man}. Along with a mother who had an indifference toward you we can see why there would be issues from childhood. Cutting away any anger would require a cutting away those experiences as a motivating factor in your personality/psyche. That would require analysis and therapy, something that takes time, courage and discipline {not giving in to the unconscious energies that are a result of early life experiences}. Are there other issues you can consciously recognize that may come from those early years? Recognizing the issues, acknowledging they are there and a determination to rid yourself of them is the path to healing. Few people know such energies exist. Of those who do few are willing or courageous enough to do anything about it. They live their lives in constant turmoil, never knowing wholeness or true happiness. This is what I say it requires courage and discipline to resolve the issues.
{in mythology, which is the universal dream, the hero/heroine is not only fighting the evil opponent, they are also fighting the inner demons which is what truly makes them the hero/heroine}.

Your fear of hurting someone is most likely an issue that needs to be resolved and a primary focus of your dreams. And it explains the inclusion of your nephew in your dream, the associations of anger and doing harm. You are not only protecting him from yourself but you are also protecting the child within you that suffered {this may answer your question about being conscious of your anger but not actually taking your anger out on your nephew} . And it may be the reason you are able to control your actions by tapping instead of hitting. The children in your dream are you and your unconscious mind has a special protection toward children because of your childhood experiences. Your nephew is about the age you were when you were first physically abused and that could have registered. With an older person you may not have such control.

These issues are strong, you recognize what they are. The positive thing is you are working to resolve them. Analyzing your dreams is a step in that resolution. Your pessimism in life is a direct result of your childhood and there is that great need to heal the inner child so the adult you are becoming can develop a positive attitude. Doing the work now {most don't even begin until midlife if they ever do at all} can remove the pessimism and take a life that was headed toward a destructive path and turn it around.

Your Notes
It is uncommon to have memories at the age of 2. Usually memories begin at age 4/5. But traumatic experiences may be different. Your father striking you would definitely qualify as traumatic, especially to a 2 year old. The experience at age 7/8 along with the experience at age 2 would explain the zombie dreams between the ages 3-7 {as stated in your original post}. As I stated in my first response anytime ages are a part of a dream they are 'ALWAYS' pointing to actual life experiences or a time frame {this is a statement other analysts would frown upon as a fact, especially Jungian}.

The memories at age 7 when you had thoughts of cutting your father demonstrate the deep pain you possessed as well as the strong influence his physical abuse had on your psyche. His abuse started so early it is reasonable to see why at age 7 you had these thoughts. Instead of cutting him you started cutting yourself. That can be looked at as an act you wish to perform on him but the deeper act was a need to cut away the cruel abusive childhood years. I hope that has passed and you no longer have those desires.

All the zombies are men. This is likely pointing to the negative impression of your father but may also be an overall view of men in general. You can't see their faces because you have yet to meet a man you can trust {I'm asking a question}. In a deeper sense it would also have to do with animus/inner masculine aspects. I won't get into those possibilities since they are probably secondary to the issues to do with actual men.

There could be associations between your first abusive experience at age 2 and your 2 year old nephew being the youngest kid to be in your dreams. Dreams use images for a specific purpose and do not randomly pick and choose. All images have meaning that relate to the dreamer's psyche/life.

In the zombie dream where you got separated. If you look at all the characters as being you then it may make some sense. At the end of the dream it specifically states X is you. The rape would be symbolic {unless there was actual sexual abuse as a child}. The ruins would be you and your life, inner and outer. The women zombies would be you in ways that are likely negative, or something that points to unconscious contents {black hair}. The scream is an inner action. It may also point to attempts or possible thoughts of asking for help from others. Your mistrust of people may have prevented this.

If you will further explain your response about the 'family'. Is this your real family or, as an unconscious reaction, your inner family, you way you feel about yourself? The 6 years of trying to no avail and letting the family go. Can you provide more detail about this {that you are comfortable in doing}?

I'll provide an analysis of the dream you posted in your response either later today or in the morning. I worked 11 hours yesterday and didn't have time {or energy} to buy 'groceries' for my kitties and need to do that. I'm better at analyzing dreams in the morning hours so I may wait till tomorrow to give my best insights. I do want to continue our conversation because it does seem there may be dire circumstances to what we are discussing. You may have taken a huge step in turning things around in your life by posting your dream and our discussions. I am not a psychologist but I do want to help you in finding answers {which includes therapy} that would help you resolve these issues. Identifying them first will be a great help, not only for you but in any future therapeutic environment you may have. To go to a psychologist with a knowledge it usually would take him/her many hours of analyzing, that would be very helpful and cut the time needed for healing by a lot.

Jerry

Anonymous,
Just you would point to going it alone. A whiteish clearing may suggest an opportunity to 'cultivate' who you are {make positive steps in your life}. The mess would be your life and the pressures would be from those experiences. Floors are your foundations, childhood experiences/influences that shaped who you are. The countdown may point back to those beginnings {0} that 'launched' who you are. Many negative experiences {small messes} launched as a child that are carried within your unconscious. Included in these influences would be the affect on your ego personality {clothes}. Each had tremedous neagtive energies reflecting the severity of your childhood.

My take on the ages 5-12 may be a time when these earliest experiences began to manifest themselves into actions {such as thoughts of cutting yourself}. They began to subside when you got older which may coincide with moving out of the situation with your father. In general as we grow older we move out of childhood and the issues during those years and away from whatever was the cuase of the issues. Plus as we grow older we place our attention on the outer world and the issues become unconscious. You are able to forget for awhile the trauma but they remain in your unconscious. There was a need {when you had the dreams} to get away from the 'messes/pressures' and as you grew older you were able to physically do that. But psychologically the issues remain. The real need is to leave them/resolve the issues {psychologically} and not let their influences return.

Does this fit? It does seem to go with your other dreams.

Jerry [pray

Hi,

I don't necessarily feel like what happened was traumatic, though. I was raised in the environment. While it was happening and after it happened, yes, it was scary, and I didn't see any hope, but at the same time I don't feel like it was truly scarring. It was all I had known for a long time and I didn't have anything different to compare it to. It was normal. I'm not sure how to explain it. And I don't think it's a subconscious thing. What effected me most was watching my siblings and my mother suffer abuse. That was always what had gotten to me the most, rather than getting abused myself, so it doesn't really matter that I was abused. I don't have any bitter feelings towards my “father” (I don't identify him as my father. Biologically he will always be my father, I know, but that means nothing to me). I've let him go.

Sometimes I don't have an issue with trusting people at all, though. There are times where I can let someone into my life without having to think about it and I reason, I'm good at letting go so if I need to let go, I'll do it, and it won't be a problem, so why not take the chance? But the contradictions there don't make much sense to me so I've been trying to sort that out...

My indifference to sex is because I believe it's really pointless. It's very material (I guess that's the word), which I've never really cared for. The mind and body are two different things to me and I don't care for the latter. For others it may not be that way but for me, I think it is (and because I “think” it is and don't “know”, that's why I'm revisiting the idea, to make sure. I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong. But I've heard out the many views people have on it several times and I don't buy it).

Aside from trust issues, and fear of what I'm capable of, I don't believe there is anything else. Not that I'm aware of, anyway.

I wouldn't say my pessimism is a direct result of the abuse (unless you mean that by way of how the abuse opened my eyes). But it does play a large part. A lot of it, too, though, I would say is what I've seen in society. It doesn't exactly leave much room for faith and hope. If I go into that though it'll probably sound more like teen angst so I'll leave it at that.

Response to Notes:

When I contemplated killing him it was because he had abused my mom that night. He argued with her for a long time. About 2 hours. I figured if I just killed him it would make things a lot easier on her and everyone else. I'd probably go to jail, I thought at the time, because the justice system sucks, but I'd be okay with that. I ended up not killing him because I reasoned it would hurt my mother a lot more to see me in jail forever than to be abused by her husband forever (which kind of brings me to think about what I said in the first paragraph of this post).

Yeah, I have yet to meet a man I can trust, but I don't, as far as I know, have a problem with that. I don't necessarily see genders. If there's a woman I can trust I see it as the same thing as a man I can trust because essentially, all that matters, is that they can be trusted, they care, and won't leave. Be it with a masculine or feminine touch means nothing to me. Or it could, but I'm not going to know that if it's subconscious, of course... I'm still trying to sort that out.

I think there is an association. I've been having a lot more dreams with my nephew in them now. Just last night I had one and again, I was saving him (from a train that was going to crash. I can detail upon that if you want).

Why does the dream go between X and I, though? Because X represents a certain part of me?
As far as I am aware of there was absolutely no sexual abuse.

I put family in quotation because I don't identify it as an actual family. Individually I'm related to them all but family doesn't do the things this “family” has done, which is try absolutely nothing. No family is perfect, but if they can't even meet one extremely low expectation, there's something wrong.
I don't feel comfortable giving many details about this yet. I've purposely been vague. I'm trying to decide whether or not I'd care if someone in the family found this.

What you said about the dream I used to have fits/makes sense. Again, I don't feel like what happened was traumatizing, but it could be me downplaying the issue (what with everyone saying “Others have it worse” in basically every situation it can get to people. But I know that just because others have it worse, I shouldn't avoid my own problems and pretend they mean absolutely nothing. So I don't think it could be subconscious and I'm not downplaying the issue? I don't know! I'm confusing myself more).

I think I've always been ready to move past what happened. In some ways I feel I have but it's just that, I've found myself in very similar situations twice now. So while I'm moving on, the past, in quite a literal since, appears again, but with slightly different roles. It's like trying to teach a dog not to be scared anymore but it's not removed from its abusive environment so there's no way for it's not to be scared, and to expect it to be anything else would be silly. I don't actively seek out help, because I'm someone who likes to help myself. Feels like more of an accomplishment if I do it myself. And I raised myself for the most part, and it's not like I'm a psychotic killer, so I did something right. And if I could do that, why can't I help myself, too? But I don't have a problem with people trying to help, either. If help finds me, and they think something needs to change, it's kind of like... “Okay, I can do that. I'll go with it. Sounds good.” If I came here because I want help, it'd be the first time I've sought it out myself, while also being a subconscious thing, since I came due to how I always choose knives interested and confused me and I couldn't figure it out. But I also knew my dreams were telling me something was going on, so maybe it wasn't all that subconscious? I forget the thoughts I've had frequently though so my selective (if that's the right word) memory could be the source of my confusion.

Question:

What if you control your dream? If you control your dream, does it mess up what your brain is trying to tell you? Is it damaging?

When I was younger I controlled my dreams a lot. I knew I was in a dream and if I had to run away from something, and there was nowhere to go but say, some cliff ahead, I would take control of the dream because otherwise I would die. And I'd give myself flying abilities and become supernatural. I stopped because there would always suddenly be a supernatural enemy to stop me. It got annoying. I don't try to control my dreams anymore because I like to see where they go, with some exceptions.

I watched War of the Worlds and I honestly find those aliens kinda creepy. Not the aliens themselves, really, but the “space ships”. The sounds they make, the big horn sound, it really unsettles me, and the sound of the exhaust (when Tom Cruise is in the cellar with the stranger and they look out the window and they see a bloody place, there's this repetitive sound in the background). So I also get a lot of alien invasion dreams at times, with those sounds. It's the sounds that terrify me. I'd always end up dying at the end of the dream but there was this one reoccurring dream that really annoyed me, because I would die after trying to save my mom, so she'd die, too. It would always be at this hill that I fell down and because of that clumsiness, it was the end. But one time I made myself fly, knowing fully well I was in a dream, and avoided death in it. I haven't had the dream, or even any alien invasion, since.

Thank you for your time!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present