Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snake dream

I dreamed I was looking at my eye in a mirror. I was applying mascara when I noticed something dark beneath my eyelid when I blinked. I blinked several times to get the object out of my eye and as it came out it appeared to uncoil and turn into two snakes, one red and one black. The snakes went out of my eye and towards some kind of white light. The dream was strange, but not negative in any way.

A lot of times I think about (and struggle with) the true nature of life, death, reality and what/who I am.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40/F/Arkansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Snake dream

Holly,
My sense is the dream is addressing your thoughts and struggle in knowing who you are, the meaning in life. Mirrors are reflections of ourselves {often our true self} and the eye is the way you see things. Mascara could represent a need/desire to open your eyes and seeing the real you. Because it is beneath your eyelid there may be aspects that are covered up, not realized or things you don't want to see. Blinking several times may indicate having to look at things over and again, especially those things that are not obvious to you {conscious as well as unconscious}. You need/want to get to the real aspects about yourself as well as life in general. The two snakes may represent these two different aspects, the red one the passion or life force within you and the black on the unconscious aspects that you do not yet understand or realize {or want to}. The white light could represent seeing things clearly, a need/desire to move toward a higher level of awareness/understanding.

There are always two meanings/applications to each dream. Your dream could be addressing the issues you mentioned, "the true nature of life, death, reality and what/who I am." This would be the current emotional issues in your life. The second aspect would be the deeper issues of who you are, the foundations to your personality and the reasons for this. This would bee addressing emotional issues you have experienced in life that are unresolved {dreams attempt to heal resolve such issues}. They begin in childhood {where personality/who you become} with those experiences/influences being the prime motivators in your life. Because you are at that midlife stage both aspects are common. Learning more about yourself {the second aspect} can be crucial in living a harmonious, happy life. Understanding the meaning in life would go to developing a higher awareness that would help with the first aspect. Your dream is likely addressing both aspects with one being associated with the other.

A quote from Joseph Campbell
"People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I think that what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances within our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive."

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present