Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Watch

Thanks very much Jerry. Lots of great insight here.

I wasn't sure if you would prefer the life context alongside the dream in the initial outline, but it is most definitely a crucial key in this dream.

I am currently in the midst of an interstate move. (Melbourne, Aus, btw.) I am returning to my old company, in a different and better position, leaving behind a job that I was offered (and undertook for just over a year) that I was very unhappy in.

The role will be very demanding with lots of new things to learn. I am a little nervous about my capabilities, largely because there was some complications with my re-employment, stemming from my old Manager who tried to sabotage me by painting me in a very disparaging way (as mentally unstable!)

My Father is very influential in my life and I have been talking with him a great deal about the role, seeking advice on how I can prepare myself best etc. He has always been very career focused and I believe some of this may have rubbed off on me. He is always the first point of call whenever there are any concerns in my life.

Please feel free to ask me any other questions & thank you so much for your interpretation!!

Best, Anna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 - Melbourne

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Bird,
The 'reassurance or self confidence' I sensed seems to be one prime issue related to returning to your old employer. The lost watch may point to the past and having to start again where you left off but with the mentioned issues involved {lost time}. But the issues to do with structure are also a factor. This is where I sense the involvement of your father. Not only is he a major influence in your life but from the dream I sense you want to please him as well as asking his advice. He is a structured person and as you stated that has rubbed off on you {consciously as well as unconsciously}. This is where I sensed the early relationship. It has to do not only with structure but also approval as it has to do with your father. Th positive aspect i mentioned involve the positive qualities you take from that relationship {not wearing the watch}. But there may be a too great of an emphasis on the approval aspect. That could create an emotional conflict, worrying too much about his approval. And that could lend itself to the stress you have with the issue with returning to your previous employer {which would be a synonymous with your position as son and father}. The 'demanding role' would be about the new position but also an unconscious issue of putting too much demanding stress because of the need for approval from your father. Everything has a beginning, a root cause and although the issue with returning to your old employer and issues with putting too much stress on yourself because of the relationship with your father are related because it is an ingrained personality quality. Your relationship with your father may be a positive one but the structure he demands {and which rubbed off on you} is related to both job and father. The two aspects of the same issue but in different aspects of your life. If your relationship with your father, growing up in a structured environment as a child, were different then how you react to returning to your old employer and those issues would also be different {less demands and stress on yourself}. One has to do with the other.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Thank you Jerry! Spot on!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 - Melbourne

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present