Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nightmare.

Thank you in advance for looking into this.

Well, in this part of the dream, I was in my house and in my closet there was a scary looking witch who was telling another girl what to do. I was scared by what I saw but laid back into my bed. (My room was pretty much identical to real life). Then, two light bulbs flew from the closet (which is across my bed) next to me on the bed. I got one and told my sister who was at the doorway if she saw that. And I grabbed the light bulbs and threw them at the wall where they shattered. The entire time my room was almost pitch black dark.

From there I woke up feeling chills, anxious, and went back to sleep only to have another semi nightmare, but the dream above is the one that caught my attention most.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21/female

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes.

Re: Nightmare.

Jenn,
This dream seems to have a similar message as your Dinasour/random dream. There are hidden aspects that are now coming back to conscious attention/experience {the house is you, the closet hidden emotional aspects}. In the dinosaur dream there was the 'T-Rex would be a large devouring aspect, something that is in your unconscious that possesses energies that unconsciously motivate your personality and actions' In this dream there is a witch which represents destructive emotional energies that are reside/hide in your unconscious. The 'another girl' is that other you which these experience had control over. A bed is a bridge the unconscious and conscious and point to a need to acknowledge the hidden aspects. This was the central message in your dinosaur dream and in this one, unconscious aspects.

The two light bulbs represent unconscious aspects coming up from the unconscious. The two may point to two aspects. because you are in therapy one application of the two bulbs may be related to the actual experience as well as the therapy you are undergoing. Both are coming at you. You are revisiting the emotional experiences {reason for nightmares} and are in the process of working through the traumatic issues {PTSD}.

What is not clear, and could be made clear, is what the traumatic issues are and when/where they occurred. Your sister in your dream would usually point to the relationship with her but could symbolize 'another' aspect 'related' to yourself. It could be both. Are there shared experiences with your sister related to your PTSD? How would she fit in with your psychological condition {if at all}? If she represents another aspect of yourself the question being asked of her in the dream may represent conscious acknowledgement to the psychological aspects related to your PTSD.

Throwing the light bulbs at the wall and shattering may be pointing to aspects related to your therapy {or need for it}. You need to 'shatter' the unconscious destructive energies {witch in the closet} so you can live a normal life. The pitch dark room suggests something in your unconscious that has yet to be acknowledged or/and confronted. Are you aware of the underlying reasons for your PTSD, any traumatic experiences that would be the cause for your condition? If so then the dream is reflecting {all dreams reflect your true self, the true self at the time you have the dream} your acknowledging these experiences. If not the dream would be pointing to still undiscovered/not yet acknowledged aspects/experiences that need to be brought up from the unconscious so you can understand the energies and affect a healing process. The 'entire room was almost pitch dark may suggest something that was totally unconscious is now having a light {bulb} illuminate what was/is hidden. That could point to your therapy {in whatever status that is at} which would be helping to bring these energies to conscious knowledge. If there are still 'hidden' experiences then therapy {or even moving toward therapy} are helping illuminate those also. This seems to be a positive direction.

Look at the analysis and see how what I suggest would/could fit. There are unconscious aspects no doubt. Whether they are known and therapy would be helping to work through them, or aspects that are still unknown that therapy will help bring out. Dreams are themselves therapy because they reveal there are these issues and by analyzing the images/symbols whatever that may be still unknown will become known within time. Are there still unknown reasons/experiences related to your PTSD? PTSD is usually related to a traumatic experience, either your own or witnessing someone else that would cause severe emotional distress {does your sister fit anywhere with your PTSD condition?}.Another aspect related to your condition would be when the traumatic experiences occurred {if you actually know that}. If you do not remember the details/experiencesthen whatever remains unconscious is what the dream is addressing. If you can provide some details to your condition/PTSD that would help in understanding the dream {what you feel comfortable with}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

The analysis provides great insight into my experiences which is allowing me to get to the meaning behind this.
Well, I'm definitely having trouble with my anxiety and letting go of a past romantic relationship that hurt me greatly. Since then I've been in and out of relationships but they've all failed because of my fault (false expectations of love). I've made the decision to be single for a while and figure myself out. I've recently been having flashbacks about my childhood which makes the anxiety worse.

I witnessed domestic violence at home as a child. My sister and I would cry together but we would also watch as my parents fought. Their fights became less violent the older we got but still, they barely get along. This is what my therapist says is the possible cause for my PTSD. In addition, something I haven't mentioned, as a child, my sister and I had a babysitter who would torment us. Our parents didn't find out until we told them once we were older when we moved away. I have many bad memories being under her care but I don't know if that part of my anxiety/nightmares. I've also had traumatizing experiences involving trust and neglect issues among peers as I was growing up in my pre-teen years. Besides that, I don't know what else it could be that's causing distress. My life is good, I'm in a good place but indeed, I can't fully embrace it. But I'm slowly realizing more and is helping a lot.

Thank you!

Again, thank you greatly. It's overwhelming seeing how accurate your analysis have been. All together, it enlightens the parts that I've tried to understand about myself and sheds light on what I need to do.

Jess,
Are you in therapy? Your 'accurate' description of failed relationships and fights between your parents fits with the unconscious energies I sense from your dream. I do believe your PTSD would have associations to the childhood experiences. But there are likely unconscious aspects to do with childhood that have yet to surface {the flashbacks}. It could have to do with being tormented babysitter since those early life experiences often become imprinted on the psyche and also become motivators for unconscious conflicts later in life. The trust factor and neglect issues likely have a bearing on your failed relationships {similar childhood issues in my life weighed heavily in my three failed marriages}. Uncovering the childhood experiences will go a long way in understanding the motivating energies that have control over your adult life {including issues to do with relationships}. Resolving those issues will likely help with the PTSD if not eliminate it entirely.

As for my analysis. Beyond my abilities to properly analyze/interpret your dream {as well as my great success in general in analyzing dreams}, I hope you will spread the word that interpreting dreams can be successfully interpreted and be used in therapy like yours. Dreams are no longer the great mystery they once were and that needs to become the story and not they are not yet understood. It merely takes someone like myself {a layperson and not a trained analyst} who has an in-depth understanding of Jungian concepts {I've studied Jungian psyche for 23 years} and developed intuitive abilities to successfully analyze and interpret dreams. The Dream Forum is a catalog of my success {because others like yourself took the time to respond to my analysis}. Academic Jungians {therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists} use a strict application of Jungian psyche and I believe miss the nuances that allow dreams to be understood. Imagine the time that would be saved in helping people access unconscious contents via their dreams instead of spending untold hours trying to access the information in the traditional manner. I was able to view in one short dream a great many aspects from your unconscious. And all I had was your age and gender.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present